Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i guess i should not have mentioned clooney lol. kilmer at least tried to bring some depth to the character in his movie, but clooney was just updateing adam west lol.

I have to say, in all honesty, I was one of the group who thought re Michael Keaton's casting as BATMAN...

"Michael Keaton? The comedy actor...seriously? I can't see this working." I then heard about Jack Nicholson being cast as the JOKER and I did not know what to think then. I'll admit, I let my attention wander a little.

Then the BBC, riding the crest of the BAT wave, broadcast a documentary about how expensive things are in Hollywood, and how it makes more sense now to spend a lot of money, with the aim of making a lot more money and it used BATMAN as it's central theme. It was a happy coincidence as BATMAN's 50th anniversary was happening too.

And during the programme, I saw for the very first time, the now infamous

"I'm not going to kill you, I want you to do me a favour, I want you to tell all your friends about me...

"WHAT ARE YOU???!!!"

"...I'm BATMAN!"

...rooftop clip.

What can I say, I was hooked on the 89 BATMAN. As a standard for future for BM movies, the bar was set high. Bat Freak, Whilst you and I differ on opinions regarding the additional versions of BM, I think our reactions to the Keaton BAT are quite similar, overall. The design of the costume, the overall mood, the 'reaches out and grabs you and doesn't let go' feeling is just as strong to me now as it was in 1989.

Its a visceral feeling that this was good, and its a bit hard to explain.

Is it actually 'gold' or is it the bat-crest-yellow but just weathered to look much used? :dunno

Looks a bit of both in a lot of pictures.

It does look like it is a truly different color. It appears to be a darker shade of gold, where as the symbol has a popping "Yellow School Bus" color.

like you said woodward, the bar was set very high with the original 2 films with keaton as batman, heck even with Forever action wise. that is why i think, though i did very much enjoy Forever, the subsequent batman films including nolans were all a big letdown for me. its like, when you already have near-perfection, how can you possibly accept anything else? after 1995, the films were either TOO damn silly (B&R) or WAAY too overboard with the realism and seriousness (nolans movies). the pendulum swung either entirely in one way or completely at the opposite end of the spectrum. they just werent able to get that nice balance that occured with the first 3 batmans.

Maybe the next reboot will be more to your liking. They kinda have to make it a little more fantastical again if its to line up with the Justice League film.

Not as good as J&B there but

de59591e.jpg
[/IMG]

Maybe the next reboot will be more to your liking. They kinda have to make it a little more fantastical again if its to line up with the Justice League film.

Yep, I'm looking forward to it to. I hope they get it as close to the comics as possible.We have a nice variety of Batman movies and I think we need a straight up detective Batman from the comics at this point. Yeah, he's done detective work before in the movies but not to the point as he does in the comics. What they need to do it get a good mix of Nolans Bruce Wayne and Burtons Batman and throw in a lot of detective work.

How pointless. Lethal Weapon was those 2 actors, Gibson and Glover. With anyone else its not Lethal Weapon.

Especially with Ryan Gosling...the most emotionless actor working today.

In LW 1, you believed Mel Gibson was crazy & suicidal...pitch perfect performance.

How pointless. Lethal Weapon was those 2 actors, Gibson and Glover. With anyone else its not Lethal Weapon.

It really is.I don't normally have a problem with reboots or remakes, hell, some movies actually need it but LW was a solid series. They're not even that old. And, yeah, Mel Gibson was awesome in LW1. " You wanna jump?! Ok, lets jump!" :lol I love that scene.

Especially with Ryan Gosling...the most emotionless actor working today.

In LW 1, you believed Mel Gibson was crazy & suicidal...pitch perfect performance.

Totally agree...I'm in the "I dont get Drive" camp...even I could stare weirdly at the camera for 2 hours.

They're rebooting Lethal Weapon. :monkey4

Totally unnecessary!!

^ There are no oil problems with this Bat, just a false alarm. Now, there is a clear piece of tape that holds in the magnet on the back of his belt that has left residue on some boardies figures. It's an easy fix though. Just take off the tape and super glue the magnet in place.:wink1:

Back