Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised no ones tired making a Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton pose where they are about to shake hands?

I have both, but I guess I'm just being lazy. Haha!!:dunno

Imagine if Reeve had cameoed in 89 Batman, bringing the crippled Batwing to rest at the church.

Supes: "I certainly hope this experience hasn't put you off flying...statistically its still the safest way to travel" *flies away*

Batman: "I'm Batman!"

Still need to take another shot at getting my cape nicely setup. Been too busy posing Joker, heh.

Never thought I'd spend the day at work looking forward to getting home to futz my Keaton :lol

Last edited:
Yep, I'm looking forward to it to. I hope they get it as close to the comics as possible.We have a nice variety of Batman movies and I think we need a straight up detective Batman from the comics at this point. Yeah, he's done detective work before in the movies but not to the point as he does in the comics. What they need to do it get a good mix of Nolans Bruce Wayne and Burtons Batman and throw in a lot of detective work.

yeah i'd love a more comic accurate costume. and also a cowl where the eyes don't show. it makes no sense to me that batman would show his eyes if he's trying to conceal his identity.

89 batman is a great movie and very close to his comicbook portrayal (except for the joker killed his parents crap!).

what you want is sherlock holmes batman. LMAO they are action movies first, and serious detective stories are just a small part of these movies. making batman solving crimes like holmes would be dull as hell.

yeah i'd love a more comic accurate costume. and also a cowl where the eyes don't show. it makes no sense to me that batman would show his eyes if he's trying to conceal his identity.

89 batman is a great movie and very close to his comicbook portrayal (except for the joker killed his parents crap!).

bob kane said if he could go back in time he would make the joker the wayne killers.:nana:

bob kane said if he could go back in time he would make the joker the wayne killers.:nana:

But then Bob Kane was also a self aggrandising, self serving, history revising arse who frequently spoke a load of old crap (as much as I love what he came up with).

Making the embryonic JOKER the killer of the Wayne parents, is possibly the stupidest idea of any that have ever appeared in a BATMAN story anywhere, because that leads inexorably to the inescapable conclusion that, for the story to have a balanced or meaningful end, BATMAN must kill the JOKER....idiocy of the highest order. And this from a man who loves the two Burton movies.

The above was just one example. He totally almost ignored Jerry Robinson and Richard Sprang...and only gave Bill Finger credit because he had no real other choice.

Last edited:
Some fellow board members have requested a tutorial on how to fold the cape so I've taken a few pictures to try and show how I approach it. Hope they help.

Step 1. is to completely remove the cape from the figure and flatten it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 2. is to start folding the cape from the bottom edge. Carefully pinch the edges togther.

Here you can see how the left hand side is folded whereas the right hand side is not - just for comparison.

Step 3. is to watch out for any of these weird folds - they will ruin the look of the cape so try your best to get rid of them.

One you have folded the whole thing, it should look like this:

Step 4. is to place the cape on the figure. It will stick out and look messy at first.

Step 5. is to repeat the folding process but this time gently pull down as you fold. This should help make the cape look smooth.

Step 6. is to put his head on. This will keep the cape in place around his neck. The cape will still be sticking out at this point.

Step 7. is to carefully fold the back of the cape over itself to remove some of the bulk - it also reduces how much of the cape sticks out by his arms. This part is tricky and can be time consuming. I find a lot of patience helps.

Last edited:
Step 7. is to apply pressure to the front 'corners' of the cape - I press them into the stand to make the cape smooth and straight. The cape then stays in place as it has gripped onto the stand.

Here you can see one side is done and the other is not.

Then repeat for the other side.

It takes a lot of time to get it right. Chances are you will ave to keep futzing and altering small bits of it every time you walk past it and notice something out of place. I have found that simply leaving it and letting gravity pull it down also helps. Hope that was useful for everyone.

Last edited:
Some fellow board members have requested a tutorial on how to fold the cape so I've taken a few pictures to try and show how I approach it. Hope they help.

Step 1. is to completely remove the cape from the figure and flatten it out.

Step 2. is to start folding the cape from the bottom edge. Carefully pinch the edges togther.

Here you can see how the left hand side is folded whereas the right hand side is not - just for comparison.

Step 3. is to watch out for any of these weird folds - they will ruin the look of the cape so try your best to get rid of them.

One you have folded the whole thing, it should look like this:

<Pictures reduced to save space...>

:goodpost:That's great, what's next?:clap

It takes a lot of time to get it right. Chances are you will ave to keep futzing and altering small bits of it every time you walk past it and notice something out of place. I have found that simply leaving it and letting gravity pull it down also helps. Hope that was useful for everyone.

Very cool of you to take the time to share your method. :duff

Now hopefully people will leave you alone. :lol

Step 7. is to apply pressure to the front 'corners' of the cape - I press them into the stand to make the cape smooth and straight. The cape then stays in place as it has gripped onto the stand.

Here you can see one side is done and the other is not.

Then repeat for the other side.

Great tutorial, I'll try that when I get mine.

Anyone ever try spray starch on the cape to make it stay in place once you get it the way you like it? Would that even work on this kind of material? :dunno

Anyone ever try Tony Starch on the cape to make it stay in place once you get it the way you like it?

Yes.
182393_344359395632903_284276258_n.jpg

Back