Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks pretty great. However I think the the sculpt looks too young...more like an Arnold look a like.

I have the enterbay BD and I wish it's broke arm was like hottoys

You need to see it in hand. The DX13 looks anything other than a young Arnold, that's the DX10 for sure IMO.

This figure looks pretty great. However I think the the sculpt looks too young...more like an Arnold look a like.

I think this is the first complaint I've heard about the sculpt looking too young or an ' Arnie look-alike'.

I think this is the first T2 Arnie sculpt that actually looks its age.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

11493683235_d4031caa78_c.jpg

I always forget how jacked up he was in part 3. Jesus....

Its a pity the movie was poo.

Yo The Skull

Made by David Lee in 2008, when well know Russion dude Sined sold me that masterpiece.

Thats how he did it:

1.Repained Head Gentle Giant 2003
2.HT body Customized
3.Clothes - Popsalute T-850 Deluxe 12 inch Figure Customized
4.Shoulder- Horizon model kit Customized
5 Chest - Aoshima Т-800 Endoskeleton 12 inch Figure
Customized
6.Shin - Endo Kotobukiya Battle Damaged T-850.
Customized

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFsPtYd0gQ

Hot Toys? You know you want to make that. You really do.

Great shots, Dront....looks good.

No pics from me until I find out who to submit them to in here for prior approval so that I can avoid any potential "goofy" and "not thought through" violations of anyone's sensibilities.....

(extremely heavy sarcasm intended)

Have fun everyone....

Sorry that we offended. It was fine apart from the way you had him 'holding' the gun. I know attacking people's poses has been frowned upon but seriously that was going to get commented on, if not by the 3 of us that did, then by someone else.

Congrats on the figure though. Are you the one who had a PERS issue? I kinda suspect 2 of my semi-BD heads might have a slight problem aswell.

Agreed on the second point, the EB BD arm looks very bland and cleanly broken, not at all like he had to pry and wrench himself free from something.

About the age of the HT sculpts though, I would disagree. Like Fiend I think this is the first time HT have captured his T2 age.

The more you look at this figure the better it looks with each passing day! Unlike many others that loose steam. I hope a t1000 comes along ht style, loaded! ...

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I should receive it next week if everything goes well. This (pre-order) figure made me discover Hot Toys. After watching so many pictures here I've decided to order a 2nd one.

Sorry that we offended. It was fine apart from the way you had him 'holding' the gun. I know attacking people's poses has been frowned upon but seriously that was going to get commented on, if not by the 3 of us that did, then by someone else.

Congrats on the figure though. Are you the one who had a PERS issue? I kinda suspect 2 of my semi-BD heads might have a slight problem as well.

Yeah...you guys were right...should've caught that and not been so hyper-sensitive when others pointed it out. That's what 15-16 hour days at work'll do to you...addles the mind.... :)

I just wanted to contribute a little something here...I'll try again after the holiday mayhem is over with work and I actually get some sleep and pay attention to what I'm doing... LOL

And yes....I'm the one with the PERS issue with the "other" head. Still waiting to hear back from Sideshow on it. Been given some good advice on how to deal with it myself from some folks here but...I'm pretty ham-handed when it comes to that kind of stuff and frankly, I don't think I should have to be pulling repair jobs on a figure I was just charged over $300 for (with shipping)...so I hope SSC gets in touch with me about this.

I'm still enjoying popping in here and seeing the great pics...this is an awesome figure that to paraphrase Leon, still looks great the more you look at it.

15-16 hour workday?? I can't envy that.

On the PERS issue, I'm thinking I might have a slight misalignment on 2 of mine, kinda hard to be sure. They don't move very smoothly. I'll try to open them up and see if there's anything I can do.

And yes, it is an excellent figure, I'm still staying awake rather later than I should looking at it.

The more you look at this figure the better it looks with each passing day! Unlike many others that loose steam. I hope a t1000 comes along ht style, loaded! ...

Cheers!

Is is an awesome figure with a great accessory package. A true DX.

Figure of 2013 for me.

Is is an awesome figure with a great accessory package. A true DX.

Figure of 2013 for me.

You are right! ... I mean to some it wowed them right from the word go. To some other, it steadily grew on. For me, i just wonder the intricacies involved. Simply awesome, its tough to ignore the red but then i dont think anything else in 1/6 comes close.

Btw... I have not seen the enterbay one in person. How is the body damage work on it. Basically does anyone have any naked pics of that bd body. Never seen any or may be i just missed that part. Trying to see what the differences could be...

Cheers!

I think this is the first complaint I've heard about the sculpt looking too young or an ' Arnie look-alike'.

I think this is the first T2 Arnie sculpt that actually looks its age.

Yes and yes! Agree 100 pct. infact in pics it can be deceptive, but in hand no doubt!

Cheers!

I bought something custom, i dont like it (or rather i like it but it definitely is not worth the dollars). So... What's the big deal. I really dont need to know a,b or c to like something. It just was not worth the dollars spent. You like it. Great. Buy 100 for all i care man. Also, you being aggravated does not make or pressure me to like something i feel was ordinary. As for me talking, pls explain what i need to know to see if something meets MY EXPECTATIONS. (Which is a fairly accurate sculpt, accessories, packaging etc at a fairly reasonable price)

If you buy it for me and gift it to me and i dont like it i can understand you being aggravated ;) ... Infact, i bought it more to see what's with the whole "wow" thing with some of the customs and to be fair i spent a lot to just see something at hand. While great it definitely does not match the price point. If something i buy in the future will, i will be the first one to say it does. Fair?

Cheers!

I'll happily explain. You DO need to know A, B & C before you make all of the comments that you do. YOUR EXPECTATIONS are built on ignorance because you clearly don't know the difference between mass produced licensed products and limited edition customs. You don't even know the differences that Rainman, Iminime and the rest of the customizers here have between each other. To understand and appreciate the costs of certain things it's important to understand WHY they cost that much. Like for starters the fact that most of the customizers here are working out of Korea not China, where it's more expensive to produce things. Ooorrrr.... the big one.... HT owns the factories and mass produces. When RM, Velvet, Beto, Iminime or any other custom full fig producers own the factories and start pumping out 4000, 7000 or 10,000 of a set like HT does... then you'll surly see their prices come down into the HT realm. But they don't do numbers remotely close to HT. You're looking more at numbers like 10-30 (VM & Beto), 30-35 (Rainman Full Sets), 50-125 (Iminime), etc. That's a HUGE difference in production. So I guess that I couldn't buy 100 even if I wanted to because they don't exist :wave

Another major difference is the hand crafted vs. the mass production aspect. Without elaborating on every detail, the sum of all of that is one is an "art figure" and the other is a high end collectible. I love and collect the mass produced high end figs (BW, HT, SS, EB, etc.) and I'm one of those guys that refuse to view them as "toys", but there is still a clear difference between custom and licensed stuff. Yes, there are things that are outside the capabilities of customizers to create that require a factory (specialized bodies like the DX13, intricate outfits like Thor & Loki, so on & so forth); but when it comes to the simpler things like Joker or Colton outfits or a suit like Coulson's, the best tailors on the forum can produce a superior outfit over HT. The individually hand crafted outfits that you would get from say Kato or Rainman are essentially as good as the prototype that HT starts off with, but the HT pieces that end up at your doorstep lose a bit in the mass production process.

High end customs are for those who want all the accurate bits that can't be easily found on the market and bashed. It's too bad that you didn't like Bickle but I'll say that you didn't get the best example to judge. Rainman's paint up on the Mohawk sculpt was FAR better than Aeons; nearly night and day. The sculpt with his paint is as close to the mark (or better) than most of what HT is putting out right now (aside from the best of their recent stuff like Coulson, Jor-El or upcoming Thor), but putting Aeon’s paint aside there’s no denying the quality in the outfit and accessories. For the DIY guys or the guys that are happy with the $200 or less build-up that's "close enough", high end customs aren't for them but those kinds of bashes are RARELY as accurate as a custom full set. Bickle is a prime example; you'll never find that snub nose with pearl grips, a .44, a modded .25 on an arm-sling or a real silver belt buckle with that kind of detail (or any other parts of the outfit or accessories for that matter) ANYWHERE on the market. So the best bash out there isn't as accurate as what that full set brings to the table.

You have to be able to appreciate the hand crafted art aspect of customs to appreciate what they are. If you’re the kind of guy that feels "close enough" is good enough, then you definitely won't appreciate customs. It's appeals to people who are really detail orientated and are bent on accuracy and top quality. Unfortunately those little differences, upgrades and improvements come at a high premium. Most of that goes back to the one man show VS. the mass producing theory. Add all of that to rarity (collectability), the realization of characters in 1/6 that will most likely NEVER be mass produced to a high level (not a Brothers Production level) and that's what customs are all about.

And it's not that you didn't like Bickle that's aggravating (everyone is entitled to their opinion), it's the various other things that you say and all of these posts where you're talking a lot about things you know very little about. It's wiser to soak it all in and know what's what before going so hard

I hope a t1000 comes along ht style, loaded! ...

It did

Sorry to the rest for the text wall & monster derailment... buuuuttt...

Anyway, this is a hot fig but I'm not a huge T2 guy and I already have the DX10, so I'm debating on keeping mine. It's definitely the best likeness of all so far and is a big time shelf popper. It may be to cool of a fig to let go even though I’m not an ultra-fan (T1 >T2 :chase)

Glad all the fans are diggin' this! Awesome line up Skull and sick pics Dront :hi5:

I understand that for sure, BTW i didn't notice you were selling your T4 stuff, always considered getting the T700 diorama, maybe one day.

I'm happy to keep my Salvation stuff, its a cool line and one of the only complete terminator lines hot toys actually finished, I actually like the line better after I added my super easy T-800 bash from salvation to the lineup, having Arnold in there makes it:)

42123dab-ad8a-429e-976f-996f56a44c63_zps19e2d892.jpg

Got Mine !!

11478080873_e0069250f9_c.jpg

11477952705_8350444d6e_c.jpg

11477941205_80ff8ff5a2_c.jpg

11477961814_e85e4161cf_c.jpg

11478088793_dccfa74e51_c.jpg

11493683235_d4031caa78_c.jpg

^^ Man U need a break! ... Take a vacation or something. If i dont feel something for a certain prod i dont. period. I am not saying they need to change. I just dont think 550 for something thats just about ordinary is worth it. What part of this you dont understand. I think here is your challenge: (in ref to the product we are talking)

1) you bought 3 odd extra sculpts (350 plus)
2) you bought 3-4 extra unpainted ones ( 150 plus)
3) a dx (1200 plus)
3) some clothing sets etc (350 plus)
4) some h and c (550 plus)

I feel your pain and i also understand that after spending a fortune you need to feel the pressure to like it. But i dont man. Why is that a problem.

i am not trying to control the price, they can charge 3000 usd. But if i dont see value, i will say it!

I respect all your advise and suggestions etc. i never dismiss an advise even if its coming from the wrong source. But, dude, u need a break, i just dont feel its worth 550. What the heck is the problem. Again ... ITS GREAT, but not worth 500plus.

Some people have received dx sculpts with holes drilled after the sculpts were painted. Some also agree the likeness is not upto the mark. Some also agree that a specific sculpt has very big eyes. I STILL LIKE it. Just not worth the cost. No clue what the issue is.

Lastly - let's take it on PM... U are going all over!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I must be missing something there is nothing that screams " Too Young or look alike " IMO for this sculpt. Now I'm sure the DX10 sculpt must look better in person. I just don't see Arnold in it..

This however how can you not see T-2 Arnold :dunno

Just look at the facial definition, even around the eyes!

Back