Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're completely missing what I'm saying if you think I'm trying to get you to like something. That's what you derive out of everything I said after I said twice that it has nothing to do with you liking it or not.

So I guess all I derive out of what you just said was you "respect" the artists but "really don't care how much effort they put into something" :rolleyes2

Phew... Honestly, after these posts, i dont care two hoots what you think! ... Also, if you are aggravated.. I guess i need to do a lot more of what p***** u off! ... Can we focus on dx13 now...you can continue to pound ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I'll happily explain. You DO need to know A, B & C before you make all of the comments that you do.

f6469e838f3a.gif

It's wiser to soak it all in and know what's what before going so hard

fixed that for ya!

After messing around with this for a while I have to echo what many are saying, this is what a true DX should be, the overall package is just so impressive! It's so good I had to get two to get both looks. The last time I did that was the Jack Sparrow DX. This is to me the production 1/6 figure of the year. The Batman is the 1/4 figure of the year to me and is just as impressive as this.

Not sure how this thread started a discussion on customs, but Pop's post:

Like for starters the fact that most of the customizers here are working out of Korea not China, where it's more expensive to produce things. Ooorrrr.... the big one.... HT owns the factories and mass produces. When RM, Velvet, Beto, Iminime or any other custom full fig producers own the factories and start pumping out 4000, 7000 or 10,000 of a set like HT does... then you'll surly see their prices come down into the HT realm. But they don't do numbers remotely close to HT. You're looking more at numbers like 10-30 (VM & Beto), 30-35 (Rainman Full Sets), 50-125 (Iminime), etc. That's a HUGE difference in production. So I guess that I couldn't buy 100 even if I wanted to because they don't exist :wave

Another major difference is the hand crafted vs. the mass production aspect. Without elaborating on every detail, the sum of all of that is one is an "art figure" and the other is a high end collectible. I love and collect the mass produced high end figs (BW, HT, SS, EB, etc.) and I'm one of those guys that refuse to view them as "toys", but there is still a clear difference between custom and licensed stuff. Yes, there are things that are outside the capabilities of customizers to create that require a factory (specialized bodies like the DX13, intricate outfits like Thor & Loki, so on & so forth); but when it comes to the simpler things like Joker or Colton outfits or a suit like Coulson's, the best tailors on the forum can produce a superior outfit over HT. The individually hand crafted outfits that you would get from say Kato or Rainman are essentially as good as the prototype that HT starts off with, but the HT pieces that end up at your doorstep lose a bit in the mass production process.

High end customs are for those who want all the accurate bits that can't be easily found on the market and bashed. It's too bad that you didn't like Bickle but I'll say that you didn't get the best example to judge. Rainman's paint up on the Mohawk sculpt was FAR better than Aeons; nearly night and day. The sculpt with his paint is as close to the mark (or better) than most of what HT is putting out right now (aside from the best of their recent stuff like Coulson, Jor-El or upcoming Thor), but putting Aeon’s paint aside there’s no denying the quality in the outfit and accessories. For the DIY guys or the guys that are happy with the $200 or less build-up that's "close enough", high end customs aren't for them but those kinds of bashes are RARELY as accurate as a custom full set. Bickle is a prime example; you'll never find that snub nose with pearl grips, a .44, a modded .25 on an arm-sling or a real silver belt buckle with that kind of detail (or any other parts of the outfit or accessories for that matter) ANYWHERE on the market. So the best bash out there isn't as accurate as what that full set brings to the table.

You have to be able to appreciate the hand crafted art aspect of customs to appreciate what they are. If you’re the kind of guy that feels "close enough" is good enough, then you definitely won't appreciate customs. It's appeals to people who are really detail orientated and are bent on accuracy and top quality. Unfortunately those little differences, upgrades and improvements come at a high premium. Most of that goes back to the one man show VS. the mass producing theory. Add all of that to rarity (collectability), the realization of characters in 1/6 that will most likely NEVER be mass produced to a high level (not a Brothers Production level) and that's what customs are all about.

is really a great summary on production vs. custom figures. It should be in its own thread in the customs section.

I'll happily explain. You DO need to know A, B & C before you make all of the comments that you do. YOUR EXPECTATIONS are built on ignorance because you clearly don't know the difference between mass produced licensed products and limited edition customs. You don't even know the differences that Rainman, Iminime and the rest of the customizers here have between each other. To understand and appreciate the costs of certain things it's important to understand WHY they cost that much. Like for starters the fact that most of the customizers here are working out of Korea not China, where it's more expensive to produce things. Ooorrrr.... the big one.... HT owns the factories and mass produces. When RM, Velvet, Beto, Iminime or any other custom full fig producers own the factories and start pumping out 4000, 7000 or 10,000 of a set like HT does... then you'll surly see their prices come down into the HT realm. But they don't do numbers remotely close to HT. You're looking more at numbers like 10-30 (VM & Beto), 30-35 (Rainman Full Sets), 50-125 (Iminime), etc. That's a HUGE difference in production. So I guess that I couldn't buy 100 even if I wanted to because they don't exist :wave

Another major difference is the hand crafted vs. the mass production aspect. Without elaborating on every detail, the sum of all of that is one is an "art figure" and the other is a high end collectible. I love and collect the mass produced high end figs (BW, HT, SS, EB, etc.) and I'm one of those guys that refuse to view them as "toys", but there is still a clear difference between custom and licensed stuff. Yes, there are things that are outside the capabilities of customizers to create that require a factory (specialized bodies like the DX13, intricate outfits like Thor & Loki, so on & so forth); but when it comes to the simpler things like Joker or Colton outfits or a suit like Coulson's, the best tailors on the forum can produce a superior outfit over HT. The individually hand crafted outfits that you would get from say Kato or Rainman are essentially as good as the prototype that HT starts off with, but the HT pieces that end up at your doorstep lose a bit in the mass production process.

High end customs are for those who want all the accurate bits that can't be easily found on the market and bashed. It's too bad that you didn't like Bickle but I'll say that you didn't get the best example to judge. Rainman's paint up on the Mohawk sculpt was FAR better than Aeons; nearly night and day. The sculpt with his paint is as close to the mark (or better) than most of what HT is putting out right now (aside from the best of their recent stuff like Coulson, Jor-El or upcoming Thor), but putting Aeon’s paint aside there’s no denying the quality in the outfit and accessories. For the DIY guys or the guys that are happy with the $200 or less build-up that's "close enough", high end customs aren't for them but those kinds of bashes are RARELY as accurate as a custom full set. Bickle is a prime example; you'll never find that snub nose with pearl grips, a .44, a modded .25 on an arm-sling or a real silver belt buckle with that kind of detail (or any other parts of the outfit or accessories for that matter) ANYWHERE on the market. So the best bash out there isn't as accurate as what that full set brings to the table.

You have to be able to appreciate the hand crafted art aspect of customs to appreciate what they are. If you’re the kind of guy that feels "close enough" is good enough, then you definitely won't appreciate customs. It's appeals to people who are really detail orientated and are bent on accuracy and top quality. Unfortunately those little differences, upgrades and improvements come at a high premium. Most of that goes back to the one man show VS. the mass producing theory. Add all of that to rarity (collectability), the realization of characters in 1/6 that will most likely NEVER be mass produced to a high level (not a Brothers Production level) and that's what customs are all about.

And it's not that you didn't like Bickle that's aggravating (everyone is entitled to their opinion), it's the various other things that you say and all of these posts where you're talking a lot about things you know very little about. It's wiser to soak it all in and know what's what before going so hard

It did
none of those customs you have mentioned is handcrafted...:cuckoo:
maybe the first mould of the head (then they are only recasted pieces) and the clothes are sewed with machines..
and the new DOLL travis bickle of Rm has nothing of the de niro likeness...just for say..
to pay more of $800 for a figure that does not resemble either the character.it doesn't make sense..
then you can spend your money as you want...this new T800 is a figure mass produced.. but is amazing and the likeness of scwharzie is all in there

highends customs is only for those who want to spend [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0[/ame]

this costumizers should pay for the licenses...or lower their ridicolous prices

the m65 of the ht colton is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the rm jacket for travis
and please and don't believe that these figure either stitched or hand-painted because it would be stupid...

Last edited:
Can we all focus on dx13 guys???

As for Popcult and his whole 9 yards of article. There is a simple thing i believe in, whether there are 100,000 or 10 made of some product, whether they were hand made or were made in a factory? Whether they are signed versions or labelled as limited? They need to have one thing which we all possibly agree!

A certain value delivered for a certain cost / price.

Because ... as a collector i aim to have what i like on my shelf - not have something just because 10 were made or someone needled / crafted something personally and signed it! Or because someone worked day and night on it. If there is minimal likeness in the sculpt to a character, it does not matter if there was 1 made or 100.

Lastly ... Just like the creators efforts, my and my family efforts are very important in bringing those dollars home... So if i dont like something, i will say it.

Now let's all focus on dx13 pls...

Last edited:
Can we all focus on dx13 guys???

As for Popcult and his whole 9 yards of article. There is a simple thing i believe in, whether there are 100,000 or 10 made of some product, whether they were hand made or were made in a factory? Whether they are signed versions or labelled as limited? They need to have one thing which we all possibly agree!

A certain value delivered for a certain cost / price.

Because ... as a collector i aim to have what i like on my shelf - not have something just because 10 were made or someone needled / crafted something personally and signed it! Or because someone worked day and night on it. If there is minimal likeness in the sculpt to a character, it does not matter if there was 1 made or 100.

Lastly ... Just like the creators efforts, my and my family efforts are very important in bringing those dollars home... So if i dont like something, i will say it.

Now let's all focus on dx13 pls...

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Many thanks guys, glad you liked the photos.
Its definitely the best HT figure of 2013 and I freaking love it !

Dront, they truly are very good pics. Am sure HT did justice to all the delay in making this figure. At least to the most part of it! ... Keep the pics coming.

I always forget how jacked up he was in part 3. Jesus....

Its a pity the movie was poo.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The face expressions were funny in that film. Like constipation. I… am… a… machine!

I'm surprised the activist groups don't jump over that film. They jump on everything else nowadays.

I understand that for sure, BTW i didn't notice you were selling your T4 stuff, always considered getting the T700 diorama, maybe one day.

I'm happy to keep my Salvation stuff, its a cool line and one of the only complete terminator lines hot toys actually finished, I actually like the line better after I added my super easy T-800 bash from salvation to the lineup, having Arnold in there makes it:)

42123dab-ad8a-429e-976f-996f56a44c63_zps19e2d892.jpg

Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGx4foRdPw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGx4foRdPw[/ame]

Finally the mad Christmas period is over in my work and I can get back to some sort of normality. :yess:

Anyways my DX13 came on Friday (I thought my retailer was getting him in Jan or Feb) and I have just managed to finally open him up today and he sure is a cracker. A second body is a must to display both head sculpts so I will get the necessary parts in January.

Here is some pics I took this afternoon of him -

Man HT did an ace job here and a big well done to them.

Awesome clicks Sid! ...

Some of the close ups really highlight the endo much better! ...
It's truly an ace!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGx4foRdPw

Finally the mad Christmas period is over in my work and I can get back to some sort of normality. :yess:

Anyways my DX13 came on Friday (I thought my retailer was getting him in Jan or Feb) and I have just managed to finally open him up today and he sure is a cracker. A second body is a must to display both head sculpts so I will get the necessary parts in January.

Congrats man :hi5:

Thanks guys. :clap

@P. Yes hopefully the IM stuff is moving away from their main focus and if there work on the DX13 is anything to go by then the future releases are going to look great.

Back