Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to the rest for the text wall & monster derailment... buuuuttt...
That was a great post, actually. Really captured a lot of good points vis-à-vis customs prices. Really they're art figures and a lot is in the eye of the beholder. Rainman doesn't do a lot for me (not knocking his work at all, though) whereas I love Beto's stuff. Don't regret ordering his Evil Dead 2 Ash even if Iminime has the license and releases an Ash at half the price. Just love Beto's work. Once I have his Leatherface I'm likely done with customs, though (except for Blade Runner... *********, wish Iminime would do Deckard and Batty :mad:).

Anyway, this is a hot fig but I'm not a huge T2 guy and I already have the DX10, so I'm debating on keeping mine. It's definitely the best likeness of all so far and is a big time shelf popper. It may be to cool of a fig to let go even though I’m not an ultra-fan (T1 >T2 :chase)

Glad all the fans are diggin' this! Awesome line up Skull and sick pics Dront :hi5:
Dang, I'm not a huge Terminator fan compared to some others here but this figure was a must own for me and in-hand it's incredible. I agree in a lot of ways T1 is the more definitive movie but T2 was also brilliant. Get this figure, Pop!!!

Still looks a bit off imo. They should get one of those wax museum sculptors to do it.

I think its not off, i think its always a challenge to find a balance when the expression on Arni was always so grumpy (had to be). In fact i think in person its phenomenal. Awesome paint job! Lastly, so many accessories, superb bd on the body. I think this and dx11 are my two best that i will always be torn apart. The only two complaints i had (which mean nothing in the larger scheme of things was a diorama and may be less redness) but again thats minus all for the overall spot on job.

Also, adev had a critical eye to it and pointed the hairline issue which i notice now. But in my imperfect world i think i can surely ignore it. But yes adev is spot on, when it comes to the hairline thing.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think its not off, i think its always a challenge to find a balance when the expression on Arni was always so grumpy (had to be). In fact i think in person its phenomenal. Awesome paint job! Lastly, so many accessories, superb bd on the body. I think this and dx11 are my two best that i will always be torn apart. The only two complaints i had (which mean nothing in the larger scheme of things was a diorama and may be less redness) but again thats minus all for the overall spot on job.

Also, adev had a critical eye to it and pointed the hairline issue which i notice now. But in my imperfect world i think i can surely ignore it. But yes adev is spot on, when it comes to the hairline thing.

Cheers!

Cheers. There is the hairline thing but despite that I too would call this my FOTY. ''Duh'' I hear people say, but no, a Terminator figure will not necessarily be my favorite figure. I'm sure I chose Reeve Superman and/or DX09 Batman over the DX10. I liked DX10 of course but it had too many glaring problems that I couldn't objectively say it was better than Supes and Batman. However DX13 is good enough that I will say it is my favorite over the (also excellent) likes of DX14 Mime Joker and Hulk.

Cheers. There is the hairline thing but despite that I too would call this my FOTY. ''Duh'' I hear people say, but no, a Terminator figure will not necessarily be my favorite figure. I'm sure I chose Reeve Superman and/or DX09 Batman over the DX10. I liked DX10 of course but it had too many glaring problems that I couldn't objectively say it was better than Supes and Batman. However DX13 is good enough that I will say it is my favorite over the (also excellent) likes of DX14 Mime Joker and Hulk.

Bulls eye, i am still torn apart between dx11 and dx13 and not cause one is better over other. I think i have a big soft corner for HL and it represents his last great work, with a fairly loaded job by HT.

but the more i look at dx13 the more i am telling myself, that my heart may be able to support dx11 .. only So far! ... Dx 13 is a masterpiece by H.T! ... No other word!

Cheers!

Sorry to the rest for the text wall & monster derailment... buuuuttt...

Anyway, this is a hot fig but I'm not a huge T2 guy and I already have the DX10, so I'm debating on keeping mine. It's definitely the best likeness of all so far and is a big time shelf popper. It may be to cool of a fig to let go even though I’m not an ultra-fan (T1 >T2 :chase)

Glad all the fans are diggin' this! Awesome line up Skull and sick pics Dront :hi5:

Thanks, its the only line from terminator hot toys finished, hopefully they will finally finish T2 and T1 with the momentum created from this very popular DX13 release. That said if you have the DX10 your doing your collection a disservice by not getting the DX13, its miles better and if you only want one terminator in your collection to represent the film, its this one.

Be warned though, you may need to buy an extra set or hunt down the extra parts needed to complete both looks included in the set, there both just to damn good to leave one of those heads sitting in the box:panic:

I really don't see why people put DX11 in the " Figure of the Year " category.

Is it because of the accessories and extra smiling face, because I don't see ledger too much in it? :dunno. The hair is way off, too slick. If anything the DX13 looks completely spot on to the T2 persona in every way, right down to the body used.

IMO the DX11 is a great figure set, but it's a long shot for FOTY. Maybe if HT did Rooted hair. :lecture

^^ Man U need a break! ... Take a vacation or something. If i dont feel something for a certain prod i dont. period. I am not saying they need to change. I just dont think 550 for something thats just about ordinary is worth it. What part of this you dont understand. I think here is your challenge: (in ref to the product we are talking)

1) you bought 3 odd extra sculpts (350 plus)
2) you bought 3-4 extra unpainted ones ( 150 plus)
3) a dx (1200 plus)
3) some clothing sets etc (350 plus)
4) some h and c (550 plus)

I feel your pain and i also understand that after spending a fortune you need to feel the pressure to like it. But i dont man. Why is that a problem.

i am not trying to control the price, they can charge 3000 usd. But if i dont see value, i will say it!

I respect all your advise and suggestions etc. i never dismiss an advise even if its coming from the wrong source. But, dude, u need a break, i just dont feel its worth 550. What the heck is the problem. Again ... ITS GREAT, but not worth 500plus.

Some people have received dx sculpts with holes drilled after the sculpts were painted. Some also agree the likeness is not upto the mark. Some also agree that a specific sculpt has very big eyes. I STILL LIKE it. Just not worth the cost. No clue what the issue is.

Lastly - let's take it on PM... U are going all over!

Cheers!

Leon, you don't need to explain ****. You spent money on something you feel was not worth the price plain and simple. Doesn't matter if they had to travel to Mordor to get the material to justify the price. You weren't pleased with the result.

That was a great post, actually. Really captured a lot of good points vis-à-vis customs prices. Really they're art figures and a lot is in the eye of the beholder. Rainman doesn't do a lot for me (not knocking his work at all, though) whereas I love Beto's stuff. Don't regret ordering his Evil Dead 2 Ash even if Iminime has the license and releases an Ash at half the price. Just love Beto's work. Once I have his Leatherface I'm likely done with customs, though (except for Blade Runner... *********, wish Iminime would do Deckard and Batty :mad:).

Dang, I'm not a huge Terminator fan compared to some others here but this figure was a must own for me and in-hand it's incredible. I agree in a lot of ways T1 is the more definitive movie but T2 was also brilliant. Get this figure, Pop!!!

:hi5:

I have this fig in my possession but was deciding to keep it or not. It's absolutely the more interesting piece of the 2 DX's but I'm not a completest with this line and I'm not sure I need two versions of T2 T-800. It is sick though and I'm such a weak junkie that I'm sure I'll break down and keep it :lol

Thanks, its the only line from terminator hot toys finished, hopefully they will finally finish T2 and T1 with the momentum created from this very popular DX13 release. That said if you have the DX10 your doing your collection a disservice by not getting the DX13, its miles better and if you only want one terminator in your collection to represent the film, its this one.

Be warned though, you may need to buy an extra set or hunt down the extra parts needed to complete both looks included in the set, there both just to damn good to leave one of those heads sitting in the box:panic:

Now T1 is another story; that's something that I'm looking to be more of a completest with. I have the T-800 (Arnie not Endo) but I'm praying with the rest of the camp who are dying for Reese and police shoot-out T-800 (my stupid little Neca figs will have to do for now :lol). I'm hoping for a V2 Endo too

^^ Man U need a break! ... Take a vacation or something. If i dont feel something for a certain prod i dont. period. I am not saying they need to change. I just dont think 550 for something thats just about ordinary is worth it. What part of this you dont understand. I think here is your challenge: (in ref to the product we are talking)

1) you bought 3 odd extra sculpts (350 plus)
2) you bought 3-4 extra unpainted ones ( 150 plus)
3) a dx (1200 plus)
3) some clothing sets etc (350 plus)
4) some h and c (550 plus)

I feel your pain and i also understand that after spending a fortune you need to feel the pressure to like it. But i dont man. Why is that a problem.

i am not trying to control the price, they can charge 3000 usd. But if i dont see value, i will say it!

I respect all your advise and suggestions etc. i never dismiss an advise even if its coming from the wrong source. But, dude, u need a break, i just dont feel its worth 550. What the heck is the problem. Again ... ITS GREAT, but not worth 500plus.

Some people have received dx sculpts with holes drilled after the sculpts were painted. Some also agree the likeness is not upto the mark. Some also agree that a specific sculpt has very big eyes. I STILL LIKE it. Just not worth the cost. No clue what the issue is.

Lastly - let's take it on PM... U are going all over!

Cheers!

I'm plenty good where I'm at bro. Don't need a vay-cay; don't need a break. You wanted me to explain what you need to know so I did; just to put a few things into perspective. Consider yourself schooled... for free. But that’s not all, you still have plenty to learn about certain etiquettes, politics and unwritten rules of the board.

You're numbers are pretty off; I bought 1 DX, 2 painted heads (both sold), 2 unpainted heads, and a Soldier clothes set. Don't get it twisted bro, I'm no newb and this isn't my first rodeo. I own countless HT, SS, EB & BW figs, over 10 Iminime pieces, 3 Beto pieces amongst plenty other custom bits. Bickle is my 8th Rainman piece. It's safe to say I have a pretty good idea of what's what. I don't need to convince myself to like anything as I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought what I did, and it was all for a reason. The 2 painted sculpts are sold (only bought for comparison/back-up) and what I have left is everything I need for Bickle... and I'm still looking for another M65 jacket... so yeaaaaa.... I was convinced before I bought it all... which is why I did :wave

And like I said, getting aggravated has nothing to do with you not liking Bickle.

Last edited:
:hi5:

I have this fig in my possession but was deciding to keep it or not. It's absolutely the more interesting piece of the 2 DX's but I'm not a completest with this line and I'm not sure I need two versions of T2 T-800. It is sick though and I'm such a weak junkie that I'm sure I'll break down and keep it :lol
Ah, I see. Know what you mean in trying to limit your display to the absolute minimum necessary to represent the license. I'm trying to do the same thing but for me, one clean and one BD is perfect (likely I'll switch between semi and full every few months or so).

Leon, you don't need to explain ****. You spent money on something you feel was not worth the price plain and simple. Doesn't matter if they had to travel to Mordor to get the material to justify the price. You weren't pleased with the result.

I'm with Jack on this one. It doesn't matter how the end product came to be, only the end result matters. Personally, I wouldn't purchase unlicensed products as they are not respectful of the license owners. I do appreciate the talent of the customizers though.

Ah, I see. Know what you mean in trying to limit your display to the absolute minimum necessary to represent the license. I'm trying to do the same thing but for me, one clean and one BD is perfect (likely I'll switch between semi and full every few months or so).

You're helping me see the light. I'm really warming up to keeping it :lol

Like you said, when it comes to lines that I'm a more casual fan of, I only need the one look that I feel is most iconic. To me the clean version is a good overall representation of the character & movie but I'd be lying if I said that it's not a sick figure. I have to watch the Cyberdyne scene again and decide if this look is important enough to be a keeper for me.

Badmuthadude and jacktheripper.. Thanks a ton!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Did u figure a way to do the gears in which he gets stuck... Would love to see what you are doing from a diorama perspective on this one (dx13)! ...

Cheers!

Batman & Superman are for little kids! :cuckoo:

:D It does shock people to hear that I don't just have Terminators in my collection. But seriously DX09 Batman represents Keaton Batman better than DX10 represents Arnold.

Did u figure a way to do the gears in which he gets stuck... Would love to see what you are doing from a diorama perspective on this one (dx13)! ...

Cheers!

No, my diorama building won't really kick in till I'm done buying figures. Unless pre-made dioramas are offered in the meantime in which case they become as much a priority as actual figures. But if its a case of me having to shop around for stuff and trying to put something together myself that's going on the backburner for now.

You're completely missing what I'm saying if you think I'm trying to get you to like something. That's what you derive out of everything I said after I said twice that it has nothing to do with you liking it or not?

So I guess all I derive out of what you just said was you "respect" the artists but "really don't care how much effort they put into something" :rolleyes2

Last edited:
Back