Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt HT will give us a proper
reflective surface on the areas of
exposed Endoskeletion like this -

View attachment 731766

So I’ll probably source the best
mirror liquid metal paint I can find.

It’s possible, and would bring it to life.

The tricky part is balancing a proper
realistic blood effect, light passing,
lots of thin spread streaks, around in crevices,
but also getting it to sit right
on a mirror surface.

Too bad actual metal parts in the
sculpt isn’t really something for the scale.

Wish the battle damaged left arm
incorporated die-cast at least like the
old EB 1:4.
james cameron film GIF by Tech Noir

I know it's a very subjective question but, in your opinion, if I have to invest in a single figurine, is it better to take the clean version or the BD ? I have the impression that the clean one is more "emblematic" and "characteristic" of the saga... but the BD version seems so well finished with all these little details, the blood etc.... cruel dilemma...😅
Clean personally. It’s the film poster, the main look for the film, and it’s not just Arnold to me, it’s a T-800 that was sent back in time to protect John, which Arnold portrayed perfectly.

Man i really wish they'd fix the size of those grenades. It makes a real difference.
They surely know they've been providing inaccurate, undersized grenades on all their T-800 figures. If they have eyes, they know. They're making a choice here. A choice of providing grenades that can actually be loaded into the M79. But considering that's the same choice they made last time (DX13) and the time before that (DX10) I wish they'd have made a different choice this time - larger grenades, spaced in the bandolier according to the movie.

Back