Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Nick, I have seen these ones. I just expected us to be flooded by other shots from the show. I guess not! Appreciate you replying with those though 🙂

I know it's a very subjective question but, in your opinion, if I have to invest in a single figurine, is it better to take the clean version or the BD ? I have the impression that the clean one is more "emblematic" and "characteristic" of the saga... but the BD version seems so well finished with all these little details, the blood etc.... cruel dilemma...😅

Terminator is a robot. You need to see that. You need to see the monster inside. BD all the way.

Also, pops a lot more on the shelf with all the red.

Same with T-1000. You need some silver nanotech showing -- long fingers or split head. Who wants just a "cop" on the shelf?
Exactly.

But I must admit, the clean version is also tempting.

I know it's a very subjective question but, in your opinion, if I have to invest in a single figurine, is it better to take the clean version or the BD ? I have the impression that the clean one is more "emblematic" and "characteristic" of the saga... but the BD version seems so well finished with all these little details, the blood etc.... cruel dilemma...😅

Terminator is a robot. You need to see that. You need to see the monster inside. BD all the way.

Same with T-1000. You need some silver nanotech showing -- long fingers or split head. Who wants just a "cop" on the shelf?

Fully agree, Terminator is a cyborg and needs to be seen as such and so the BD is the only option for me, I would only get him + the T-1000 and Endoskeleton.
If I wanted a badass 80's human Arnie figure I would get Dutch from Predator.

Thanks Nick, I have seen these ones. I just expected us to be flooded by other shots from the show. I guess not! Appreciate you replying with those though 🙂
No worries man! We should see more soon of the clean T-800 & T-1000 by the time they go up for PO. Want to see these under different lighting.

I agree, though the thought of having a clean version next to the fully BD version as a way to encapsulate the character and films in their entirety seems really tempting.

I agree about the T-1000,
the sculpt and accessories are phenomenal.
I’m just having a hard time wanting to spend $300+ on a figure in police uniform.
If I were to get the T-1000, I’d need bullet holes across the chest or something more visually appealing than clean RP.

Is anybody planning on buying two BD 2.0s?
One to display the cleaner Arnold sculpt, jacket and arm, the other full on battle damaged?

I like all of these ideas, though I fear repetition will taint the ability to clearly see details and the impact they have on your shelf.

I prefer the version with the most battle damage if I’m to only get one BD version, seeing that eye is a must and seeing Arnold with half of his arm missing is too perfect to not display.

IMG_4784.jpeg

Last edited:
Back