Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

No, I'm at work, I just check these boards occasionally to see how many more trolls came on to a hot toys snake eyes thread to spend their time talking **** on a design they hate :rotfl

Or trolls that spend their time talking **** on a design they love.:dunno

Ya se is a commando first :rotfl I know a lot of ninja trained commandos who fight with swords, and his entire upper body, heart, lungs, etc, everything but the stomach(which has to be able to move) is armored with plate/Kevlar looking armor like what tdk wore, your an idiot armor has to be a balance of mobility and protection, do sime research before posting stupid responses on here, and no I never read the comics, I played with the toys and watched the cartoon

In the GI Joe mythos, Snake Eyes is a commando first.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Ya se is a commando first :rotfl I know a lot of ninja trained commandos who fight with swords, and his entire upper body, heart, lungs, etc, everything but the stomach(which has to be able to move) is armored with plate/Kevlar looking armor like what tdk wore, your an idiot armor has to be a balance of mobility and protection, do sime research before posting stupid responses on here, and no I never read the comics, I played with the toys and watched the cartoon

Now you're resorting to namecalling. His heart is completely exposed as is his entire midsection. So is his face and neck. But apparently I'm an idiot because you have zero knowledge of the locations of vital organs in the human body. Here, I'll help you with your research so you don't look like a total newb next time. Notice their armor is in the exact opposite locations of Snake Eyes'?

hires_090325-A-4576B-167%5B1%5D.jpg

hires_090326-A-5049R-216d.jpg

As for the Kevlar fabric, that pretty much only works against handguns and small calibers, not assault rifles. :wave

Last edited:

Now you're resorting to namecalling. His heart is completely exposed as is his entire midsection. So is his face and neck. But apparently I'm an idiot because you have zero knowledge of the locations of vital organs in the human body. Here, I'll help you with your research so you don't look like a total newb next time. Notice their armor is in the exact opposite locations of Snake Eyes'?

hires_090325-A-4576B-167%5B1%5D.jpg

hires_090326-A-5049R-216d.jpg

As for the Kevlar fabric, that pretty much only works against handguns and small calibers, not assault rifles. :wave

Let's see those guys flip around and do martial arts with that **** on, two different worlds buddy

Or trolls that spend their time talking **** on a design they love.:

guilty :rotfl but at least I am in the thread for mine, I didn't think this thread was called how much do you hate the hot toys figure and can u convince everyone else to hate it to
And Nam, look again with your glasses on there is a plate under the chest plate, lungs, heart, etc are covered bud, and the name calling started with you calling my response dumb :nana:

guilty :rotfl but at least I am in the thread for mine, I didn't think this thread was called how much do you hate the hot toys figure and can u convince everyone else to hate it to
And Nam, look again with your glasses on there is a plate under the chest plate, lungs, heart, etc are covered bud, and the name calling started with you calling my response dumb :nana:

Really? I didnt know it was "You must love this figure, and can't have a negative opinion thread".:moon

a real world snake eyes would not take off armor that would keep him alive, and more essential vitols are covered then what the average soldier gets for armor, and like batman this armor was designed for an elite operative by a group with unlimited resources so you know it would be state of the art gear.
se is a ninja first and foremost, so it makes sense to have his armor designed to block sword attacks too
I know a lot of ninja trained commandos who fight with swords and his entire upper body, heart, lungs, etc, everything but the stomach is armored with plate/Kevlar looking armor
I never read the comics, I played with the toys and watched the cartoon

tumblr_m7e1o2W6lR1rwfek8o1_500.gif

Ok... I try to stay out of these types of discussions, but I have to agree with Nam on this one. When you can show me an actual ninja who can chop bullets out of the sky on a regular basis while protecting his vital organs, I'll buy the argument on Snake Eyes' armor placement. But I have years of experience in the community, and this argument is very flawed. And without plates in the chest region, ol' SE is going to have some issues performing mission.

But the design of the costume is very nice. And since we are asked to suspend a lot of reality for the sake of entertainment, it's a fun design. But don't expect any slack from those of us who have worked in battle-rattle if you are going to try to impose fantasy standards on reality. If you leave it in the fantasy realm, then no harm-no foul. The TDK designs are not that realistic either.

Anyone who has handled any form of ceramic plate knows they are not light, and ceramic combined with fashionable Kevlar is going to limit mobility. A lot of operators will remove side plates and panels so they can be more mobile. But operators don't remove there chest/back plates so they can be more mobile.

Xenowolf: The next time I meet a ninja-commando in my chosen profession, I'll make sure I get an autograph just for you....

Last edited:

Really? I didnt know it was "You must love this figure, and can't have a negative opinion thread".:moon

I like lots of different versions of snake eyes, and only defend my reasons for liking this version, we are in it's thread for fans of it after all, but apparently this is wrong and i should only like the version you like and am dumb for liking this fig :dunno

Great we had the dc section ****ed and now the gi-joe section ****ed! :monkey1

Let's see those guys flip around and do martial arts with that **** on, two different worlds buddy

:cuckoo: Military Ninja's do not exist anyway...let's be realistic

The pictures that Nam posted are REAL world Military

The Character Snake Eyes is FAKE,doesn't exist and wouldn't exist ;)

I really don't undestand the Snake Eyes worship from Joe fans

Ok... I try to stay out of these types of discussions, but I have to agree with Nam on this one. When you can show me an actual ninja who can chop bullets out of the sky on a regular basis while protecting his vital organs, I'll buy the argument on Snake Eyes' armor placement. But I have years of experience in the community, and this argument is very flawed. And without plates in the chest region, ol' SE is going to have some issues performing mission.

But the design of the costume is very nice. And since we are asked to suspend a lot of reality for the sake of entertainment, it's a fun design. But don't expect any slack from those of us who have worked in battle-rattle if you are going to try to impose fantasy standards on reality. If you leave it in the fantasy realm, then no harm-no foul. The TDK designs are not that realistic either.

Anyone who has handled any form of ceramic plate knows they are not light, and ceramic combined with fashionable Kevlar is going to limit mobility. A lot of operators will remove side plates and panels so they can be more mobile. But operators don't remove there chest/back plates so they can be more mobile.

Xenowolf: The next time I meet a ninja-commando in my chosen profession, I'll make sure I get an autograph just for you...

It was sarcasm when I said I know a lot of ninja commandos, to prove the point that a commando wouldn't carry a sword so se is a ninja first and the idea of someone taking on a gun with a sword is absurd, which is why I said his armor was designed to protect against other swords with some kind of lightweight chest plate for direct gun shots. I agree that full ceramic plate body armor that stops rifle rounds would stop bullets better, but you can't move in that ****, I have the old Vietnam era vest with plates in front and back that stop .30 caliber rounds and it's really heavy and you can't move for **** in it. It's just not something a ninja would wear and if snake eyes is a commando not a ninja he shouldn't carry a sword :lecture

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap

Sarcasm noted. I'll still try to get that autograph for you...:wink1:

I like lots of different versions of snake eyes, and only defend my reasons for liking this version, we are in it's thread for fans of it after all, but apparently this is wrong and i should only like the version you like and am dumb for liking this fig :dunno

Im not saying you are dumb for liking this figure, not at all. The only reason I posted anything was to your comment of this is an iconic look. It just didnt make sense to call it iconic when in no way, shape or form is this an iconic look.

It's just not something a ninja would wear and if snake eyes is a commando not a ninja he shouldn't carry a sword :lecture

SE was a commando first, did you ever have the first SE figure? Even in the first season of the GI Joe cartoons, he didnt carry a sword. It wasnt until they gave him the body suit with the visors that they turned him into a ninja.

Last edited:

I really don't undestand the Snake Eyes worship from Joe fans

13monthold-baby-diets-800x800.jpg

Back