Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I had to look up what the **** a kamen rider was, good one :lol but nobody said anything about this design looking more military then the bradstreet design i just said it looked more military then the old spandex body suit cartoon design. There are a ton of really cool snake eyes designs out there that i would have been happy with for this movie, that pic you just showed being one of um, but this is what we got and i think its a cool new take on snake eyes waaaay waaay better then the first movie imo.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I've always liked Bradstreet's Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander, so I was thrilled to see Sideshow's versions where of them, but I'd still like a classic Cobra Commander someday. Snake Eyes has more or less been covered now.

And to be fair, Hasbro has come up with far worse versions of Snake Eyes in their past, so considering that you can look at the movie design and know who its supposed to be, that's something. It wasn't that long ago we got that awful Dr. Rex Cobra Commander :yuck

And to be fair, Hasbro has come up with far worse versions of Snake Eyes in their past, so considering that you can look at the movie design and know who its supposed to be, that's something. It wasn't that long ago we got that awful Dr. Rex Cobra Commander :yuck

Which, I might add, was from the movie. :monkey1 :lol

I love how much gear they always show SE carrying, whenever he moves he would sound like a tin can full of marbles. When we went out on night ops or to a hide site we did jump tests to make sure our gear didn't make too much noise.

I love how much gear they always show SE carrying, whenever he moves he would sound like a tin can full of marbles. When we went out on night ops or to a hide site we did jump tests to make sure our gear didn't make too much noise.

I think thats kinda what makes sense about this design, all his gear seems really streamlined like he could still move quietly and fight well.

I think thats kinda what makes sense about this design, all his gear seems really streamlined like he could still move quietly and fight well.

:lol He's far from "streamlined." A real-world Snake Eyes would ditch that stupid armor which leaves all the essentials completely vulnerable, that visor, and most, if not all of that hindering shirt thing.

So would Batman in the real world but it isn't the real world.

So would Batman in the real world but it isn't the real world.

I dunno. With what Batman would go through, I'd imagine the TDK suit would be pretty close to what a real Batman would wear. He's not going to be humping trails for days on out to infiltrate an enemy base, nor is he going to constantly be shot at by 762, so it's apples and oranges to compare Snake Eyes to Batman.

Which, I might add, was from the movie. :monkey1 :lol

Yeah, but I think that also goes to show the potential this film has. The went from something that looked nothing like Cobra Commander to a pretty dang cool version of him. We went from rubber mouthed Snake Eyes to this, which I don't care if you love it or hate it, is a huge improvement over the first film's outfit. And at least its not neon :lol

Yeah, but I think that also goes to show the potential this film has. The went from something that looked nothing like Cobra Commander to a pretty dang cool version of him. We went from rubber mouthed Snake Eyes to this, which I don't care if you love it or hate it, is a huge improvement over the first film's outfit. And at least its not neon :lol

Anything good was negated when they postponed it to add more Taintum. :nono

I dunno. With what Batman would go through, I'd imagine the TDK suit would be pretty close to what a real Batman would wear. He's not going to be humping trails for days on out to infiltrate an enemy base, nor is he going to constantly be shot at by 762, so it's apples and oranges to compare Snake Eyes to Batman.

I kind of agree with you but its all make believe. Anyway look at all the stuff real soldiers wear vests, backpacks etc and they hump trails for days.

reading all the comments on his gear and I cant stop laughing.
He is a caucasian , ninja with a melted off face (or have they fixed it by now? Between RAH, IDW and DD i forgot).

He would be so quite that he could suprise Chuck Norris in broad daylight, standing in the middle of the desert.

Chuck Norris can make a four sided triangle. Sport bike rider with swords can't.

:lol He's far from "streamlined." A real-world Snake Eyes would ditch that stupid armor which leaves all the essentials completely vulnerable, that visor, and most, if not all of that hindering shirt thing.

:cuckoo: :rotfl your dilusional, a real world snake eyes who takes on more enemies at once then batman(actual trained enemies too) would not take off armor that would keep him alive, and more essential vitols are covered then what the average soldier gets for armor, and like batman this armor was designed for an elite operative by a group with unlimited resources so you know it would be state of the art gear. Absolutely streamlined compared to the pic you showed with harnesses and gear strapped all over him so he could hardly move. Why don't you just tell batman to take his stupid armor off too :cuckoo: :rotfl

Snake eyes is part of gi joe, they don't walk anywhere, they are known for all their cool vehicles and they have more insertion and extraction methods then batman. And se is a ninja first and foremost, so it makes sense to have his armor designed to block sword attacks too, come on dude, common sense here.

Did it take you two hours to think up that reply?

I kind of agree with you but its all make believe. Anyway look at all the stuff real soldiers wear vests, backpacks etc and they hump trails for days.

Look how a soldier's gear and armor are positioned. It's the exact opposite of what you see with ol' Snake Eyes here. :lol

:cuckoo: :rotfl your dilusional, a real world snake eyes who takes on more enemies at once then batman(actual trained enemies too) would not take off armor that would keep him alive, and more essential vitols are covered then what the average soldier gets for armor, and like batman this armor was designed for an elite operative by a group with unlimited resources so you know it would be state of the art gear. Absolutely streamlined compared to the pic you showed with harnesses and gear strapped all over him so he could hardly move. Why don't you just tell batman to take his stupid armor off too :cuckoo: :rotfl

Why would a soldier worry about protecting his clavicals, shoulders and forearms but leave his center mass (where most soldiers are trained to aim), neck and face wide open? Especially to bullets that would penetrate anything but plate armor? You should really think about **** before jumping on the fanboy urge to respond with a dumb reply. Not even the samurai went into battle with such limited armor and they fought with only edged weapons and arrows, not high-caliber firearms.

Snake eyes is part of gi joe, they don't walk anywhere, they are known for all their cool vehicles and they have more insertion and extraction methods then batman. And se is a ninja first and foremost, so it makes sense to have his armor designed to block sword attacks too, come on dude, common sense here.

SE is a commando first and foremost, hence why every rendition of him has come with a firearm of some sort. As far as travel, you must not have read the comics much growing up because unlike most of the Joes who were dropped together, in most cases, SE went his own way or was dropped well before the mission and humped to the AO (area of operation).

Look how a soldier's gear and armor are positioned. It's the exact opposite of what you see with ol' Snake Eyes here. :lol

Why would a soldier worry about protecting his clavicals, shoulders and forearms but leave his center mass (where most soldiers are trained to aim), neck and face wide open? Especially to bullets that would penetrate anything but plate armor? You should really think about **** before jumping on the fanboy urge to respond with a dumb reply. Not even the samurai went into battle with such limited armor and they fought with only edged weapons and arrows, not high-caliber firearms.

SE is a commando first and foremost, hence why every rendition of him has come with a firearm of some sort. As far as travel, you must not have read the comics much growing up because unlike most of the Joes who were dropped together, in most cases, SE went his own way or was dropped well before the mission and humped to the AO (area of operation).
Ya se is a commando first :rotfl I know a lot of ninja trained commandos who fight with swords, and his entire upper body, heart, lungs, etc, everything but the stomach(which has to be able to move) is armored with plate/Kevlar looking armor like what tdk wore, your an idiot armor has to be a balance of mobility and protection, do sime research before posting stupid responses on here, and no I never read the comics, I played with the toys and watched the cartoon

Did it take you two hours to think up that reply?

No, I'm at work, I just check these boards occasionally to see how many more trolls came on to a hot toys snake eyes thread to spend their time talking **** on a design they hate :rotfl

Back