Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I don't know, there have been so many versions of this character. This rendition is still easily recognizable as Snake Eyes. I am a hardcore fan and I like the design of this suit. If you're going to go modern, I don't know if a wooly pully is something anyone would want to wear. Still, I like the classic look, too. Its all Snake Eyes to me.

Also, if this character weren't so loved, there would be no debate because no one would care. So I appreciate all the different points of view.

:goodpost: :exactly: Well put sir :clap, i respect everyones opinion too, some of us are just stubborn and feel the need to argue our opinions :rotfl

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I don't know, there have been so many versions of this character. This rendition is still easily recognizable as Snake Eyes. I am a hardcore fan and I like the design of this suit. If you're going to go modern, I don't know if a wooly pully is something anyone would want to wear. Still, I like the classic look, too. Its all Snake Eyes to me.

:exactly: It's like people can't seem to like both and always have to pick a side with things. Sure, it ain't the 80's Snake Eyes, but there's no mistaking who it is as well and if you were to show anybody who grew up around that time, they'd definitely recognize who it is.

Also, if this character weren't so loved, there would be no debate because no one would care. So I appreciate all the different points of view.

And the only reason there's so much debate is because the people who "love" Snake Eyes and are "real" fans are just defensive that this isn't the 80's version and they're just going in circles against people who just happen to love this design and before that, it was because this was a Hot Toys figure.

I'm curious as to how the debate would've been for a SE figure from the first movie:stick

I agree, put Ray Park in a wetsuit, load him up like a Navy Seal, give him a proper ballistic mask and goggles or a metal visor, then light and film him properly and it would work. SE doesn't need tons of armor or a motorcycle helmet to look cool.
It strikes me as kind of ridiculous for SE to wear so much armor on his shoulders and arms, then very little covering his mid torso and none at all on his lower half. From a design point of view the Retaliation SE looks unbalanced.

Its typical to only have the armor on the outer arms and shouders/chest because you retain all your mobility yet you can still block attacks, and leg armor would slow down your mobility to much and you wouldnt really use your legs to block anyways imo perfect balance.

so this is what you wanted to see on-screen as far as military ninja goes?:lol
3772861996_9486eaae59.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:nono

:rotfl ya they probly tried that and said we need to do something different. And 1000masks ninjas do wear armor, just armor you can move in, which this new design would move extremely well there is none on the legs or midsection and he has military black fatigue pants and modern combat boots, perfect blend of ninja and army

Dude! The whole upper body is armor or armor like.

As much as the movie will probably suck I think it's a cool design and that's coming from an 80's Joe fan, artist and comicbook collector. Looking at it logically from a guy who has a few black belts and served 15 years as an Army Ranger, 6 of which were spent in combat I think SE and pretty much every Joe design is a joke. A ninja commando trying to run around with all that gear...good F'n luck, it's the same crazy logic of saying COD MW games are like real combat. Plus I don't know anyone who can spin kick pass a bullet. But I'm not going to let that ruin the nerd in me. Now if I could only get a 1/6 scale Low-Light...

Dude! The whole upper body is armor or armor like.

The mid-section is not armor, you would be able to bend and the armored upper body is sectioned perfectly to allow blocking and movement flawlessly. Great design! Oh and these two look more alike then the new se design :lecture :lol

The mid-section is not armor, you would be able to bend and the armored upper body is sectioned perfectly to allow blocking and movement flawlessly. Great design! Oh and these two look more alike then the new se design :lecture :lol

Well, its something thick cause if you compare the arms to the torso, the proportions are off.

I think if the boots were bloused, it would make the figure look better.

Looks just as awesome in those new pics and hope the line can at least get up to that Stom Shadow release. I'd trade Bruce Willis for a Cobra Commander though.

Awesome, so awesome, i love the knives and pouches around the back, thanks for the pics centrocal :hi5: :clap

If hot toys releases colton with a suit i will slap them :slap Thats probly just a promo pic for reference on whos coming tho, they would have to be stupid to release a gi joe figure in a suit :lol

I gotta laugh at the instajoe fans saying the Kamen Rider SE is more "military looking" than the Bradstreet one. You guys are ****ing delusional. :lol

Who hurt you......who... jk :rotfl

Seriously though. I'm not a huge fan of the Bradstreet version which Sideshow's first figure (and in some respects the extras on their latest) is based on, but you guys are saying the HT looks more military. It doesn't.

l.jpg

Back