Hot Toys HBII Hellboy and Abe Sapien 12-inch Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow these two look very nice, glad HT is doing them instead of SS.

Wow... so maybe SS is planning on somehow "merging" with HT?
That would be awesome!!
Maybe call it HotShow Toys!!!...
er... that doesn't sound right...
:rotfl

I don't care if they merge or just join forces but I would love to see completely HT produced Star Wars 12inch figures eventually.

Hot Toys can produce 1/6 scale figures a lot better than Sideshow, it’s pretty obvious, it’s not about whiney complainers...

I don't care if they merge or just join forces but I would love to see completely HT produced Star Wars 12inch figures eventually.

Dito ... Think about what HT would be doing with the licence ...
I still hope someday HT will catch the Underworld licence and finally a Selene would be standing on my shelf.

PLEASE no rubber muscle body for Hellboy. The rubber bodies look cool but poseablility SUCKS! Maybe a hybrid body with a rubber muscle torso with sculpted plastic arms?

And would it be hoping for too much to have the right hand of doom with articulated fingers? Or a swappable hand with a different pose?

And what about the accessories? Baby Ruth candy bars are a must, how about kittens?

I think this will be a great figure however HT does it. I passed on the Batman and Superman figures but this one is a must have.

Because 1/6th collectors are a bunch of whiney complainers. They'd rather let HT take the heat.

It's not being whiney when pay $90 for a figure, and it barely stand on it's own or get shown a great looking figure and get shipped something else.

I like every single one of my Sideshow figures, but there is no doubt that HT version of each of them would be superior.

PLEASE no rubber muscle body for Hellboy. The rubber bodies look cool but poseablility SUCKS! Maybe a hybrid body with a rubber muscle torso with sculpted plastic arms?

And would it be hoping for too much to have the right hand of doom with articulated fingers? Or a swappable hand with a different pose?

And what about the accessories? Baby Ruth candy bars are a must, how about kittens?

I think this will be a great figure however HT does it. I passed on the Batman and Superman figures but this one is a must have.

All of those things are possible. Machiko has a sculpted torso but articulated plastic arms. That might be the case here as well. We also might get the kind of HS that went with James Dean so we can slide a cigar in there as well. Multiple hands seem like a given but with the ROD we'll probably get a closed fist and opened hand probably nothing more. Looking at Joker, the little accessories seems to be the niche thing so Baby Ruth's and even the famous six pack of Beer could be included.

It's not being whiney when pay $90 for a figure, and it barely stand on it's own or get shown a great looking figure and get shipped something else.

I like every single one of my Sideshow figures, but there is no doubt that HT version of each of them would be superior.

Have to agree

Moneys getting tighter and its a pity that my SW collection will suffer because of it, as I have to be more choosey, and my choice is HT, slightly more expensive but for my money better quality. My last have it for the sake of having it was Gen Kenobi (not a great lover of EU, but bought it as it was the first one of the new body and I like stormies)

But that type of reasoning will have to stop

Passed on Utapau and the Blue striped Stormy,

but didnt on the Han in Carbo (as Ive got Jabba)

They bring out one of the PT characters like Naboo trooper or something of that vein, Ill skip that too

Last edited:
One issue with Hellboy is that he has those spiral indentations in his arm and shoulder that have to be represented somehow. I'm not crazy about rubber muscle bodies either, but I have a hunch that's the way they're going to go. It's either that or have some very obvious articulation (which might not be that bad, since he's going to be wearing the trenchcoat).

These look like they're going to be AWESOME!

I'm not a big Hellboy fan and I'll be passing on these but the potential is great!

Wait until they post the prices! :rotfl

I rather have quality than quantity, so if the price is 110-150 a figure, I would be more selective with which figures I get. Sure I won't have 50 sub-par sideshow 12inch figures on my shelf but I would have 20-25 High Quality Hot Toys figures instead.

One issue with Hellboy is that he has those spiral indentations in his arm and shoulder that have to be represented somehow. I'm not crazy about rubber muscle bodies either, but I have a hunch that's the way they're going to go. It's either that or have some very obvious articulation (which might not be that bad, since he's going to be wearing the trenchcoat).

In one of the images you can see the swirls on his shoulder...

That's what I'm thinking will happen... kind of like what the Dutch and Billy figures looked like. I think its a good compromise between poseability and aesthetics.

Although I hope we get a full-range of motion arm (ie: plastic with joints)... especially since its covered by the jacket.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it is solid rubber could you not do a little surgery on the rubber to allow for more articulation...in other words, is there a fully articulated arm underneath the rubber?
I'm just thinking if someone was going to keep his coat on and wasn't concerned about the appearance of the arms but wanted more extreme poses.
Personally I'm fine with it. I think it looks beautiful so far and whatever aesthetic decisions they've made I can deal with. I don't usually have my figures do the YMCA or anything.

Back