Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad. Ass

:clap

DSC05051.jpg

repose my display

War Machine, i just ____ing ____ my suit and the filtration system is currently offline...____ me...

Dont know if this has been discussed or not but what is the deal with the whole "limited edition" tag line with this figure?

Is it supposed to be limited to a certain production number like the 10th Anniversary MJ, Demon Bats/Scarecrow?

Okay, me and my mark iv have had our first falling out.

I, for the love of me, cannot get him into that awesome slam-fist-into-ground-like-a-mofo pose.

I guess it doesn't really matter, seeing as how even if was able to put him into that pose, his limited neck articulation would prevent him from looking forward.

Why must you do this to me hot toys, don't you know how important this is to me?

Okay, me and my mark iv have had our first falling out.

I, for the love of me, cannot get him into that awesome slam-fist-into-ground-like-a-mofo pose.

I guess it doesn't really matter, seeing as how even if was able to put him into that pose, his limited neck articulation would prevent him from looking forward.

Why must you do this to me hot toys, don't you know how important this is to me?

Then neck can actually be posed looking straight forward, thats why the ball join in the neck is also on a hinge, so he can be placed in a flying pose

Dont know if this has been discussed or not but what is the deal with the whole "limited edition" tag line with this figure?

Is it supposed to be limited to a certain production number like the 10th Anniversary MJ, Demon Bats/Scarecrow?

I'm sure it's just to make it sound cool.

Then neck can actually be posed looking straight forward, thats why the ball join in the neck is also on a hinge, so he can be placed in a flying pose

I've noticed the hinge, but whenever i try to move his neck back a bit, it comes right off!

Also, looking at the articulation and sculpt around his hips, i really can't see how i can manage the fist-to-ground pose in the first place.

The cut joints near the top of his thighs can only rotate enough to prevent him looking knock-kneed, and whilst the ball joints for the hips offer a good spread, they only do so when the legs are pointing downwards, pointing forwards there's no spread at all.

All this, plus popping off the legs and seeing how it all fits together, really makes me wonder how on earth can i get him into that gosh darn pose!:gah:

/rant

I've noticed the hinge, but whenever i try to move his neck back a bit, it comes right off!

Also, looking at the articulation and sculpt around his hips, i really can't see how i can manage the fist-to-ground pose in the first place.

The cut joints near the top of his thighs can only rotate enough to prevent him looking knock-kneed, and whilst the ball joints for the hips offer a good spread, they only do so when the legs are pointing downwards, pointing forwards there's no spread at all.

All this, plus popping off the legs and seeing how it all fits together, really makes me wonder how on earth can i get him into that gosh darn pose!:gah:

/rant

Don't they pop off the right leg to make this pose

Dont know if this has been discussed or not but what is the deal with the whole "limited edition" tag line with this figure? Is it supposed to be limited to a certain production number like the 10th Anniversary MJ, Demon Bats/Scarecrow?

No. Those are Convention Exclusives that are numbered off the bat. The Limited Edition tag comes from the fact that once they stop production they won't go back and remake them hence the limited edition to the run. They never really release their numbers so it could be a limited edition of 10,000 but that's where it stops. Look at the older LEs like the Mark I or the Aliens marines....their eBay prices definitely reflect that tag.

No. Those are Convention Exclusives that are numbered off the bat. The Limited Edition tag comes from the fact that once they stop production they won't go back and remake them hence the limited edition to the run. They never really release their numbers so it could be a limited edition of 10,000 but that's where it stops. Look at the older LEs like the Mark I or the Aliens marines....their eBay prices definitely reflect that tag.

Limited to as many as they can make.

I don't know what the "limited edition" means, but they don't seem any more limited than numerous other releases if Mark I and the Marines are included in that ranking. Value of those figures is more a result of folks playing "catch-up" than anything else, IMO. If it is just not being re-released, I'm not sure that that makes them special. T-800 and some of the Dark Knight figures are all that I am aware of that were given additional production runs.

Back