Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Mark 30 - Blue Steel (?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100135r3ezfj3ppr0jrqrr.jpg
100136dfou2o20fwzf20o2.jpg
100134d0zv1k9cj14vhh37.jpg
100138ulp2pl6ns26e62r4.jpg
100139zjp340p0ematuddh.jpg
100137p6k532v5tvsbb62d.jpg

King Arts? Really? Their Iron Man look pretty good. I never know this. What's the scale for their Iron Man figure 1/6? Cheaper than Hot Toys?

Why? If you don't like don't buy. Howard has already said he will do all the suits over time.

oh no I like the line, and I've ordered plenty from it, but when it does end we'll get some different things, as much as I like all the different suits, its getting a bit boring

20140622153018_52118.jpg
20140622153019_50193.jpg
20140622153026_40402.jpg
20140622153026_49548.jpg

Mark 42 are the 1/9 figure. Looks pretty good but kind of small, but Diecast

Sorry I put this here. This could have another thread on its own. I'm just a little psyc about it since it looks so good.

Yup its a forgone conclusion, I would say if we do not see it before this is a possibility for the next Toy Fair Exclusive.

Good article read that this morning, he seems to suggest that Blue Steel coming out next on the schedule has been confirmed so I wonder if he or a source got this off a HT Rep... Time will tell whether this is the case or just speculation.

I know I have said I wouldn't get this but that photo ignites a want for it, I really like the blue in that shot its a slightly deeper, darker shade. Is that the colour of that particular figure in person or is it a trick of the light/camera? If its that shade I may have to break the promise not to get one and pick one up... I just hope hes a way off as if I do make that jump I would rather collect s
ome other figures in the meantime.

Colour reproduction on my camera is pretty spot-on.

Colour reproduction on my camera is pretty spot-on.

Well then I may have a problem as that colour looks gorgeous and as I will already have red and gold, red and silver and black and gold in my own completely random HOA a bit of blue and silver would look great even if other than that it will be 1:1 the same as one of the others.

The only colour left then would be black and silver and plain silver which could be solved with Nightclub (in the concept colours) or Casanova along with Shotgun... I am getting ahead of myself here though as I need to work out how many HOA bays will fit on my bookcase shelf as I know 7 wont work so its between 4 and at a push 6. Shame I don't have room for 7 and the centre platform (or 4, 5 or 6 plus) as it would open some decent display options.

Midas is very pretty indeed, but I would just rather see something like Python where the parts are changed as well as the paint job instead of say Blue Steel, Tank or Hot Rod (as cool as they would be) which are the same as Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker and War Machine MkII in a different colour.

Like others I am hoping for Nightclub and Shotgun, although I would love Casanova but not expecting to see it released.

Twenty years from now, a Hot Toys collector who has just been forced to file for bankruptcy is showing his collection of 164 Iron Man armors to the bankruptcy lawyer. Unfortunately they have very little resale value, since it was discovered that an unforeseen defect in Hot Toys' manufacturing process reduces all Iron man armors to bendy toys after eight years.

Lawyer: So...you have 164 of these.

Collector: Well...yeah. But they're, y'know, collectibles.

Lawyer: They all look pretty much the same. Why did you need so many of them?

Collector: They're like, variations--

The lawyer stops in front of the Blue Steel figure.

Lawyer: And you bought this one because...?

Collector: Um...it's blue?

Lawyer: And you bought this one because...?

Collector: Um...it's blue?

I think this is one of the reasons why people will buy this, ok yes it looks cool but part of it is because it (like Python) is unlike any other Iron Man in terms of paint scheme apart from Igor (too expensive for manys blood, plus wont fit it any HOA setup) and Iron Patriot (which looks gorgeous but isn't Iron Man not that it would bother me if it was in my budget).

Its the main reason I want him despite having Silver Centurion on the way (and a no duplicates rule)... but as ClipperKing often says, he is bootifull!

Back