Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colors look really weird in the trailer, particularly in the grab. His lips are purple :sick Plus the folds he's got under his eyes make him look like he's wearing eye liner. He looks totally different compared to the magazine cover.

not saying Cavill doesn't look like Clark, but Routh looked more like Clark than he did

routhstillsuperman.jpg

633592315347023193.jpg

:lol Routh looks like a serial killer in the first pic. And it doesn't matter anyway, because Cavill is Clark Kent/Superman. Routh is a HORRIBLE actor anyway, im glad he's not going to be supes anymore. Cavill has the look and he's shredded, I don't remember Reeve or Routh ever working out for Superman.

I'm stoked for the movie. But is anyone else here more excited at the prospect of a new HT superman figure?. I sure as hell am. Just having the new supes standing next to TDK bats...and then next to that is reeve supes next to Keaton bat. Oh my lawd i is in heaven!

Both Routh and Reeve worked out pretty extensively for their roles. Especially for Superman 3, Reeve was built like a brick ****house for that one.

On another note, I don't see why anyone feels the need to hate on actors portraying superman. Routh was great as superman and looked a helluva lot like Christopher reeve. Which fit for that particular series since returns is a sequel to donners movie.

Cavill on the other hand...dude, he looks like a Jim lee inspired superman...first off, he's jacked as all hell...a first for a cinematic superman. Routh got buff for the part, but nowhere near as beastly as cavill. Second, he DEFINITELY looks like superman. Strong facial structure, jawline, hell he even has the cleft in his chin! All that's missing is the s curl, but that doesn't matter anymore because this is a new take o the character. I'm all for an updated look.

Guys...whoever is doubting this movie is overlooking one thing: WE ARE GETTING A NEW SUPERMAN MOVIE.

Zack Snyder isn't a bad director by ANY means. He's great at visually stunning scenes and action sequences. Overdone slo-mo may have knocked him down a few notches from being considered one of the best, but I am confident he is gonna deliver the goods with this.

Both Routh and Reeve worked out pretty extensively for their roles. Especially for Superman 3, Reeve was built like a brick ****house for that one.

This is not a knock on reeve nor is this trying to take anything away from the dedication he put into the role...yeah he got bigger for the part, but he didn't pull a Hugh Jackman, chris evans, chris hemsworth, Christian bale, and in this case, Henry cavill.

Reeve excelled as superman because his voice, demeanor and aura were perfect. But physically he did not have the perfect Greek god type body. He was tall and built, but not beastly.

Like I said before, we have yet to see what cavill will bring to the role, but physically, he outclasses every cinematic superman before him.

This is not a knock on reeve nor is this trying to take anything away from the dedication he put into the role...yeah he got bigger for the part, but he didn't pull a Hugh Jackman, chris evans, chris hemsworth, Christian bale, and in this case, Henry cavill.
Yes, but in fairness, knowledge and technology associated with fitness/nutrition and steroids have grown in leaps and bounds since the '70s/'80s.

Reeve excelled as superman because his voice, demeanor and aura were perfect. But physically he did not have the perfect Greek god type body. He was tall and built, but not beastly.

Like I said before, we have yet to see what cavill will bring to the role, but physically, he outclasses every cinematic superman before him.

How would you know, though? It's not like Reeve had to walk around shirtless and covered in baby oil to get the point across, like so many of today's leading men. He looked realistically buff in tights. Or would you prefer he look like Lou Ferrigno with his costume painted on, like in the comics?

How would you know, though? It's not like Reeve had to walk around shirtless and covered in baby oil to get the point across, like so many of today's leading men. He looked realistically buff in tights. Or would you prefer he look like Lou Ferrigno with his costume painted on, like in the comics?

Like I said before, I'm not knocking on reeve. From the history of cinematic superman documentary, there was screen test footage of reeve looking lanky and skinny as hell in the suit. Then they showed an after image and yeah, reeve bulked the hell up for the role and progressively got bigger by part 3. But he looked like a slightly less buff version of routh.

again, i am not knocking on reeve nor did i prefer him looking like lou ferrigno in blue paint. I'm just pointing out that cavill is the first cinematic superman that has the physique that is ripped straight out fom the comic panels. Reeve, while buff, just wasn't ripped.

Yeah, I love the original Superman movies just as much as anyone here but until Cavill, I've never really thought anyone's ever had the physique down right.

Spider-man/Peter Parker can get away with having the same physique when he's in costume, but I always pictured a real life Superman with a similar physique to that of a Spartan from 300 or something.

What I'm saying is, unless the costume has built-in muscles (which Cavill's does, despite his amazing physique,) You aren't going to see every bit of muscle definition in a spandex suit. Reeve wasn't Arnold, but I never had a problem with his physique. Looked as buff as he needed to in those tights.

I guess we're so used to digital airbrushing and trickery, it's become the expected norm.

He's not Triple H, but you think this is lanky?

7fLd3.jpg

He probably gives Hemsworth's Thor a run for his money in bulk.

Definitely not lanky. In fact, I think his size is fitting for his "super" man character.

I'm stoked for the movie. But is anyone else here more excited at the prospect of a new HT superman figure?. I sure as hell am. Just having the new supes standing next to TDK bats...and then next to that is reeve supes next to Keaton bat. Oh my lawd i is in heaven!

Oh yeah! I cannot wait for HT's big reveal! :yess:

#23rd post in this thread, brother:hi5:

I think that's the part I didn't like about SR a few years back, I just couldn't look past the silly spandex suit. It's just so meh looking. It fit the Reeves movies because they're in "that time" but I think some subtle muscle airbrushing, like they did to the Toby Spidey suits, would've helped give him a more imposing look.

Unless Superman isn't supposed to look intimidating, then don't mind what I just said.

What I'm saying is, unless the costume has built-in muscles (which Cavill's does, despite his amazing physique,) You aren't going to see every bit of muscle definition in a spandex suit. Reeve wasn't Arnold, but I never had a problem with his physique. Looked as buff as he needed to in those tights.

I guess we're so used to digital airbrushing and trickery, it's become the expected norm.

You're right that nowadays we have the benefit of padding. And you're also right that despite cavills physique, we won't be able to see the definition the comics would have us believe...but I'm positive that if cavill threw on the spandex reeve wore, there's no hiding that mass and bulk, with subtle hints of definition.

Again, I never said, nor have others claimed to having issues with reeves size. He was big, but what made his superman classic, timeless was his acting and persona.

What I've been trying to convey is that we finally now have a superman that physically looks like the beast that's been drawn these many years. And I welcome that. All that's left for cavill to prove is his acting.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the HT figure personally - I think they'll do a great job with Cavill's version. :)

It'd be sensational to have two parallel detolf set ups; one with the classic DC on screen guys (Supes, Bats, JL, rogues etc) with the modern versions in the next cabinet beside them - set up the same way from top to bottom. :cool:

CR looked like a dough boy as Superman. He had that "old fashioned" boxer type of look.

In the extras for Returns, they show the suits and they all had alot of foam inside to give a muscle look. And he still looked like a dough boy.

Cavill just has that badass look. He is the perfect choice to play him. He is a good looking guy (neither above were close to being attractive) has an awesome body. This version of Superman, men and women will both like.

Yes, but in fairness, knowledge and technology associated with fitness/nutrition and steroids have grown in leaps and bounds since the '70s/'80s.

That's when bodybuilding was at its peak.:lol:dunno

Yes, but the conception of what the ideal body should look like has evolved.
Different styles for different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back