Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the darker look of the Superman Returns suit, but it's true that, for a certain age group, Reeve's look was so iconic that it's hard to not only seen anyone else in the role, but hard to see any other look than his.
It's a testament to how much he owned that role, bless him.

Me too.

Had they used an older actor for the role, it might be better as over the years we are used to seeing older superman from Alex Ross ver.

I think marvel's iron man would have a tough time replacing Downey jr as tony stark as well.

I forsee Hulk getting thrown off the shelf. A lot.

Because Hulk doesn't even come close to the strength Superman has...
He could withstand a lot of punishment, but when Superman threw him into orbit of the moon, eventually he would just die of oxygen starvation.
It doesn't matter how mad he gets, lol.

Because Hulk doesn't even come close to the strength Superman has...
He could withstand a lot of punishment, but when Superman threw him into orbit of the moon, eventually he would just die of oxygen starvation.
It doesn't matter how mad he gets, lol.

I hate to be this guy... But it depends on which version of the Hulk. The World Breaker Hulk would give Supes a run for his money. Not sure he could win the fight, but I don't think Supes is coming out of it cleanly. He may win, but he may also be in another "healing coma".

totally agree with every word!

Except the new 52 stories sucking. The H'El on Earth series was pretty awesome I thought. Action Comics stories suck but I don't think Superman ones do.

Haven't read the H'El on Earth run. I checked out of Action after the first part of Morrison's story. And I hung with Perez for about 3 before I got bored. I want great Superman stories. I will look into the one you recommended.

I hate to be this guy... But it depends on which version of the Hulk. The World Breaker Hulk would give Supes a run for his money. Not sure he could win the fight, but I don't think Supes is coming out of it cleanly. He may win, but he may also be in another "healing coma".

I hate when a hero ups his strength incrementally(It's the *Power Rangers Effect*, where you beat your baddie, he comes back stronger, you build up your strength to whip him again, and so on).
If i were Superman, and the Hulk opened up on me, i'd punch him into orbit with the first punch. then i'd fly up and push him towards the sun. Or mercury. See what he likes better.
If he makes it to Mercury, our Hulk problem is solved, lol.

I hate when a hero ups his strength incrementally(It's the *Power Rangers Effect*, where you beat your baddie, he comes back stronger, you build up your strength to whip him again, and so on).
If i were Superman, and the Hulk opened up on me, i'd punch him into orbit with the first punch. then i'd fly up and push him towards the sun. Or mercury. See what he likes better.
If he makes it to Mercury, our Hulk problem is solved, lol.

I agree, but the World Breaker wasn't just a random power up. he was the culmination of the Hulk's evolution during the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk storylines. And he was shown to be able to survive in the vacuum of space in those stories.

I think Supes wins, but i think he knows he's benn in a fight. Darkseid frequently puts him through the wringer. And I would bet WB Hulk outclasses Darkseid.

Wrong...

... depends on what Supes you're talking about. The new Supes is a whimp.

When I was a kid, Supes could blow out suns and recreate the world. In one particular story, he was stuck in time and could only travel forward in time. So he witnessed the Earth dying and decided to give his old adoptive planet a chance. So he cut it in half, rekindled the core with his heat vision, brought some **** sapiens type humanoids and animals from other world and recreated life on the planet; Thus he was himself given a second chance and sent back to his time.

Superman used to be god, so Hulk winning? No way! :lol

EDIT: I can't believe H0MO was erased... what world do we live in...

If you are going to pick from the silly multi versions of Hulk, do the same with Superman. Pre-Crisis Superman wipes the floor with everyone. He can fly close to the speed of light. Hulk has nothing to match the his speed or strength and gets toss into the Sun.

Then Superman goes back in time and hangs out with Gannicus, drinks and beds lots of women.

The end.

Conversations like this are the reason I don't hang out with other nerds.

Haven't read the H'El on Earth run. I checked out of Action after the first part of Morrison's story. And I hung with Perez for about 3 before I got bored. I want great Superman stories. I will look into the one you recommended.

Yea I don't really read Action comics. Just too boring. I only read the self titled Superman ones and sometimes Supergirl

I know it would never happen but I would love too see a superman vs hulk movie. Neither marvel or DC would want their character to lose but its pretty obvious hulk wouldn't be calling superman "puny god". It be more like "what the **** are you!" Superman may be the only true test for hulk anyway. See hulk punching him as hard he could and supes barely flinch. The look on hulks face would be priceless.

Also the fight would take longer then u think, especially if supes knew hulk and Bruce banner were the same person . He probably would try avoid killing the hulk (throwing into sun) in effort not to kill banner. So as hulk gets angrier as supes toys with him the fight would only intensify. Either supes figures out a way during the fight to get him to change back (freeze him or something) or he sends him to the phantom zone!

Last edited:
Ahhh, comic book continuity. It's like it was meant to be broken from the beginning!

So while we have a little Hulk vs Superman aside...

In my alternate Nerd World Order, Hulk is ultimately stronger but unable to match Supes on a couple of skillsets (speed/flight) including the far more critical trait: intelligence. The way he is generally portrayed, this aspect usually gets neglected. Supes can easily outwit or maneuver this guy anyway he wants to on a normal day. But if he gets caught on the jaw by Hulk, he's gonna taste some blood son!

Outside of my Nerd World Order, I suppose we can all go back to endless discussions about nigh limitless god powers that begin to resemble Dragonball Z in their meaningless application.

For me, Hulk is the embodiment of raw strength just like Flash is the embodiment of speed with Superman possessing more nuanced versions of these powers. In fact, Superman's powers suggest he'd be a natural surgeon. Even the "S" could be the Kryptonian version of the caduceus symbol.

If I were to reinvent him, I'd probably have Clark Kent be a medical doctor. He'd save waaaaay more lives on a routine basis!

I know it would never happen but I would love too see a superman vs hulk movie. Neither marvel or DC would want their character to lose but its pretty obvious hulk wouldn't be calling superman "puny god". It be more like "what the **** are you!" Superman may be the only true test for hulk anyway. See hulk punching him as hard he could and supes barely flinch. The look on hulks face would be priceless.

That's what actually happened in the second Spider-Man vs superman comics in the 70s... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back