Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still nothing? no leaked pics or anything?

T2eC16ZQE9s3HFh9jBQ92477-9Q60_12_zps4858e046.jpg:original

KGrHqVq0FCzHCwQ5BQ9249VdvQ60_12_zps2a0bc165.jpg:original

KGrHqRlIFDlBnbRsBQ924HVGQ60_12_zps2cdaab1b.jpg:original

KGrHqFokFDuLKVHBQ924-Ub260_12_zps747754a3.jpg:original

Does anyone find it hard to let go of the Christopher Reeves image for the Superman suit? I find it hard to adapt to this new look.

Does anyone find it hard to let go of the Christopher Reeves image for the Superman suit? I find it hard to adapt to this new look.
I prefer the darker look of the Superman Returns suit, but it's true that, for a certain age group, Reeve's look was so iconic that it's hard to not only seen anyone else in the role, but hard to see any other look than his.
It's a testament to how much he owned that role, bless him.

Funny though how a spandex suit still holds up well after 35 years and still looks stunning standing next to the American flag.

I appreciate the nostalgia for Reeves, because I hol the same for Keaton and his Bat costumes. But as far as Superman goes, Reeves always annoyed me. I hate the bumbling Clark Kent. I always preferred Dean Cain as Superman. His Clark was confident in himself.

As for the new look, it has grown on me. I like the new 52 look in comics(he looks good, too bad the stories he's in suck). Cavil helps this look a great deal for me. He owns it, much like Reeves owned his turn in spandex. The Confidence both men have while wearing the "S" on their chests helps the look go a long way. But that's my $.02.

I appreciate the nostalgia for Reeves, because I hol the same for Keaton and his Bat costumes. But as far as Superman goes, Reeves always annoyed me. I hate the bumbling Clark Kent. I always preferred Dean Cain as Superman. His Clark was confident in himself.

As for the new look, it has grown on me. I like the new 52 look in comics(he looks good, too bad the stories he's in suck). Cavil helps this look a great deal for me. He owns it, much like Reeves owned his turn in spandex. The Confidence both men have while wearing the "S" on their chests helps the look go a long way. But that's my $.02.

The movie is not even out yet.:dunno

Ugh, Dean Cain. More gel than Ross Gellar. I couldn't take to Lois & Clark.

Oh I'm not saying this suit is bad. Something about this new suit to me just isn't iconic enough. Maybe thats what keeps drawing me back to Reeves. Maybe more of my view will change once I see it. No doubt it will.

Or maybe it's just one of those things that you grow up with and find it hard to let go.

totally agree with every word!

Except the new 52 stories sucking. The H'El on Earth series was pretty awesome I thought. Action Comics stories suck but I don't think Superman ones do.

Really looking forward to these figures. I received my Bane from TDKR and will be getting the DX11 Joker tomorrow, and while it's definitely cool to get those, I have to say my excitement level really has shifted to MOS. Granted, we won't be getting the HT figures until the fall or winter, but I will be getting the DC Collectables statues to hold me over until the HT stuff comes out.

Can't wait to put this next to ht hulk!

Will you have them in a fighting pose?

Agreed. I remember Reeve from my childhood and has and most likely forever will be the Superman I remember most. I have an open mind for Cavill and wishing the best for him and this new film. At least, I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back