Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20100625_6a76ef618a10fa65210043hVA6OZefFA.jpg

Looks more like Robert here, muting the skin texture really goes a long way to helping that.

As ever, much better than official specs already.

So it's out in Q3 (which is from June - Sept)...that's pretty soon isn't it compared to HT other releases?

July, Aug, Sep.

If it's out in September I'll pick one up then from Toy Hunters when I'm back in HK. I cant imagine it being before Sept? Anyone know what the turn-around time was from announcement to release was for T-800 and Sarah Connor? :)

How a different light can change the sculpt. But still i think that Hot Toys went the route with sculpting the head when he looked down, maybe also when showing his finger. So this pic here is so damn perfect. It's 100% Robert Patrick here:

20100625_6a76ef618a10fa65210043hVA6OZefFA.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MM#129 - 1/6 Scale Fully Poseable Figure:Terminator 2 - T-1000

attachment.php

sorry error posting

wow. that "shape" of his face is dead on, but a few things could stand tweakin. the nose is too long and downward pointing, and eyes could be a bit farther apart. still, i'm okay w/ face as is...but PLEASE make his ginormus hands smaller!

Im not sure , but i think that this is the first time that hot toys includes a head or accesory of other figure (t1000 donut head) in an exclusive package (SDCC sarah ex)

I think this is a bad steep of HT, i dont want to pay USD 300 to get a head for my t1000, but i want this head ....why they includes a head that couldnt be atached to the figure?

I really like this figure and i will buy 2 or 3 to get all scene looks but i think that HT must give us a chance to get the donut head without buy the sarah/t1000 exclusive.

Those Toy Hunter pics look great. As MaulFan mentioned, I think the smooth looking face in those pics help. I've noticed HT seems to over texturize their prototype headsculpts. Thats probably due to the amount of detail lost in production casting and painting. So the final product has a very fine texturing to it instead of the sandpaper look of the prototype. Again, just a theory, but when Sideshow has fine wrinkles/texture on their protos, they end up lost in production. So I don't think Sideshow uses enough texturing on their original prototype sculpts like HT does.

Back