Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to bring this crap up but we SHOULD be getting a DX announcement soon too.... BD T-800 would seem like a good choice. PERS Head, Light Up BD Head, Outfits with different levels of damage, Gatling gun, Grenade launcher etc.

This release proves that a figure doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a "DX" figure to have all these options/accessories. When I think about it, this T-1000 has more accessories than MMS DX Batman and MMS DX Joker just about.

Just seeing these pics kind of makes me wonder why the MMS #117 T-800 couldn't have come with the minigun, bandolier, grenade launcher and a few hands.

Having the next DX figure be the BD T-800 would be a wasted slot. And when I think about it, what is so special about a "DX" figure? The PERS system? Yeah it's cool but I could live without it. The light up base? I don't really use the bases on any of my figures.

They could easily make a 2 in 1 Cyberdyne/Battle Damaged Steel Mill in one release. 2 heads, Cyberdyne gear, etc.

If any Terminator character should be a "DX" figure then it should be the 1984 Terminator, but even he could be two separate figures.

This release proves that a figure doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a "DX" figure to have all these options/accessories. When I think about it, this T-1000 has more accessories than MMS DX Batman and MMS DX Joker just about.

Just seeing these pics kind of makes me wonder why the MMS #117 T-800 couldn't have come with the minigun, bandolier, grenade launcher and a few hands.

Having the next DX figure be the BD T-800 would be a wasted slot. And when I think about it, what is so special about a "DX" figure? The PERS system? Yeah it's cool but I could live without it. The light up base? I don't really use the bases on any of my figures.

They could easily make a 2 in 1 Cyberdyne/Battle Damaged Steel Mill in one release. 2 heads, Cyberdyne gear, etc.

If any Terminator character should be a "DX" figure then it should be the 1984 Terminator, but even he could be two separate figures.

Fair enough.... All that makes a figure DX according to HT is the PERS and deluxe packaging anyway. So as long as I get a light up right eye on the BD sculpt and lots of other options I don't care if it's DX or MMS.... Just gimme more T-800!

I hate to bring this crap up but we SHOULD be getting a DX announcement soon too.... BD T-800 would seem like a good choice. PERS Head, Light Up BD Head, Outfits with different levels of damage, Gatling gun, Grenade launcher etc.
I can definitely see a DX T-800 coming. Definitely. Or maybe not a DX per say with the only difference being the name. The amount of stuff you get with the T-1000 brought me to this conclusion. :lecture

It'll be a battle damaged version with a shed load of stuff. Hopefully.

Who's to say the BD T-800 will be a DX? might just be a regular MMS release.

The dx is also about the costumes. The level of detail and complexity. I think that is the main feature of the dx Jackson.

Re: Hot Toys MM#129 - 1/6 Scale Fully Poseable Figure:Terminator 2 - T-1000

wow. that "shape" of his face is dead on, but a few things could stand tweakin. the nose is too long and downward pointing, and eyes could be a bit farther apart. still, i'm okay w/ face as is...but PLEASE make his ginormus hands smaller!

Well, I'm not going to teach a lesson in human anatomy or perspective, but you have to compare what is comparable... On the left, RP is slightly in cons-dived; contrariwise on the right, the HT's figure is in diving view. Find in this case that the nose is too long and downward pointing is not surprising (even if it's true! :lol). Certainly the sculpture is to my taste long way off.
I think the main failures on the likeness of the face are the following:
- The look (eyes and eyebrows)
- the Dumbo ears
After, we also can object the whole of sculpture, but already with these two areas, it should be more close up.
Learn to watch, my friends.
Page 60, I posted a small series of comparative pics taken with the same angle as it can be. Look at them more closely.
Thank you

Well, I'm not going to teach a lesson in human anatomy or perspective, but you have to compare what is comparable... On the left, RP is slightly in cons-dived; contrariwise on the right, the HT's figure is in diving view. Find in this case that the nose is too long and downward pointing is not surprising (even if it's true! :lol). Certainly the sculpture is to my taste long way off.
I think the main failures on the likeness of the face are the following:
- The look (eyes and eyebrows)
- the Dumbo ears
After, we also can object the whole of sculpture, but already with these two areas, it should be more close up.
Learn to watch, my friends.
Page 60, I posted a small series of comparative pics taken with the same angle as it can be. Look at them more closely.
Thank you

Whats with the funny scans over the pics?. :)

No need for over analyzation.

Everytime a freak starts drawing over the top of photos you just know they've went too far.... Yet it happens with every single figure. :lol

Gone too far!? Gone to far!?
My improvements are right on the money. Go see the movie again. That's what his heads looks like!
2hcfak6.jpg

Back