Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love how fitted the outfit looks here.

IMG_2930.jpg

Looking at that, it pretty much makes me feel bad for not buying 2. If ever there was a figure where 2 or more was actually needed, this is it!

Indeed. Get two bud if you can!!

It will be my only exception to my rule of having one version of a character on display. Well, that and BD T800.

I think if the Assassin's creed Ezio wasn't announced I would have 2 on order right this minute. I'm definitely getting him though so it's just the one T-1000 for me.

I kind of follow that same rule, one per character. But I can't with the T2 line :lol

Everything going well i'd end up with Normal T-800, The next T-800(BD), Normal T-1000 and Biker cop T-1000. I'd imagine i'll buy the next T-800 figure and would very well buy the stuff you need to get 2 figures out of the T-1000 set so that line up of figures seems likely!

Why do people keep saying they need 2? ..all you need is an extra truetype and a second shirt loose from ebay and then you can display both t1000 looks.

Looking at that, it pretty much makes me feel bad for not buying 2. If ever there was a figure where 2 or more was actually needed, this is it!

Do you actually need 2 then, dont you just need 1 figure and a HT Narrow or will you be going with 2 standard cops in different poses then?

Do you actually need 2 then, dont you just need 1 figure and a HT Narrow or will you be going with 2 standard cops in different poses then?

Ya this is essentially the same type deal as the thriller mj ..all you need is a second truetype ..and possibly the extra shirt, why spend so much extra money on a second figure(and rob someone else's chance of even getting one).

or will you be going with 2 standard cops in different poses then?
Yeah that's what i'm getting at. 2 would be needed just to utilise the amount of accessories for the normal cop look. I'm not getting 2, I can just see why it would be needed. It's the amount of accessories you get. I mean, you can have a plain T-1000 look or you can switch him up with the hook arms, split head and bullet damage. There's 2 figures in itself and you haven't even used the Biker gear! Ordering 2 of these would probabaly save you changing the figure all the time and would mean you could have all the accessories on display at once.

Why do people keep saying they need 2? ..all you need is an extra truetype and a second shirt loose from ebay and then you can display both t1000 looks.
That's true if you are only going for the 2 looks but what to do with all the left over accessories for the normal cop look?

Maybe you don't need to order 2, just buy loose heads bodies etc on e-bay. Or you could buy 2 and sell loose parts you don't need.

I'm not getting 2, I can just see why it would be needed. It's the amount of accessories you get. I mean, you can have a plain T-1000 look or you can switch him up with the hook arms, split head and bullet damage. There's 2 figures in itself and you haven't even used the Biker gear. Ordering 2 of these would probabaly save you changing the figure all the time and would mean you could have all the accessories on display at once.

I just cant justify spending that much money just to show off all the accessories, its silly imo especially with the rate hot toys are announce new licenses and releasing new figs,if i started buying more then 1 of a certain figure,i'd be in real trouble:horror..i'd just pick a pose that i like and change it every so often, and there's nothing troublesome about having to change a figures pose or what accessory it has, that is the closest thing to "playing" with the figure:) we get as most of us are adult collectors.

I just cant justify spending that much money just to show off all the accessories, its silly imo
Neither can I usually but in this case I guess I can. People do it man. It's what this hobby does to you I guess :lol Take the T-800, some people bought 2 with the view to displaying one standard and one with the jacket off, showing the endo arm. It's their money they can do what they want with it :lecture
especially with the rate hot toys are announce new licenses and releasing new figs,if i started buying more then 1 of a certain figure,i'd be in real trouble:horror..
Same here :lol I always limit myself to 1 figure. I'm not getting 2 T-1000's don't plan to. Can't afford it! :lol
i'd just pick a pose that i like and change it every so often, and there's nothing troublesome about having to change a figures pose or what accessory it has, that is the closest thing to "playing" with the figure:) we get as most of us are adult collectors.
That's what i'm doing with my T-1000, what I do with every figure, just change it when I see fit.

They already did years ago.

Yah, but the T-800 (all three versions, regular, Skull base, and Predator Eye), the Kyle Reese, and the T- 800 battle Damaged are all expensive as H**L.

Not to mention that the Kyle Reese doesn't have a really good likeness of Michael Biehn, and the T-800 Battle Damage doesn't have any likeness of Arnie at all.

I would bet my collection that Hot Toys wouldn't have any problem selling re-released old version again or newer version at all.

Yup, and for a few of us, the party doesn't stop at 2 :lol

That doesn't make sense to be honest. Then you have twice the amount or three times the amount of accessories that wont be used. All that then it's good for is storage. Where if you buy extra bodies and extra shirts then whatever spare accessories you have from the main figure you bought can all be used. Then nothing needs to stay in the box because it's then in use. Nor would you have to sell any spare parts because that too is in use.

This is not meant in a bad way, I'm just curious though... what is your occupation?

Back