Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to most of their other sculpts at the time, it was the closest. They were young then, they didn't have Yulli or any of the talent they have now, I don't blame a likeness that old for being iffy.

I always thought it looked like Michael Dudikoff!:lol

I'm not going to bash it, I still think it's a decent figure even with it's dated sculpt and paint. Lets not forget that Kyle and the T-800 are MMS 01 and MMS 02 respectively. I'm sure they'll be redone in the future but they're still special.

I wouldn't only because for what it'd cost, I don't find it visually appealing, and I'm sure even Hot Toys would think along those lines and not make that version, but I still believe that for those wanting a figural representation of the core characters in a film, some numbers of everyone should be done, i hate lines that fall 1 character short of feeling complete.

I can see that. Maybe they would introduce a new female body with a head sculpt of t1 Sarah.

Doubt it, if they didn't fully do a new one for the T2 Sarah, no way they would for T1, especially where there's no exposed limbs with her outfits, they can get away with their standard body.

I agree MaulFan.

Using that same completionist logic one could argue that they should have done a T-RIP for the Salvation line. The line seems incomplete as that seems to be the representation of the main bad guy for the climax of that movie. Also a young Kyle Reese seems like a highly relevant figure but not produced.

T-Rip never had screen time, as far as T:S goes, Kyle's the only real significant screen presence character not made, hell, I bet he had more screen time than Connor.

T:S is lacking Reese, and I think having him would have been enough, Blair might have been cool but I don't see her as integral to the story as Kyle and the characters that were made. Pirates is missing Barbossa, TDK is missing Gordon, ALIENS never got Bishop or Newt, Alien never had Ripley. HT always manages to come up short of producing a "full" line for films.

IF, big IF, Hot Toys makes young John Connor from T2, it'll be the first time HT's done a full line of figures from a movie where I'll feel they covered every key character.

I agree MaulFan.

Using that same completionist logic one could argue that they should have done a T-RIP for the Salvation line. The line seems incomplete as that seems to be the representation of the main bad guy for the climax of that movie. Also a young Kyle Reese seems like a highly relevant figure but not produced.

Not to be captain obvious here, but this is Hot Toys' motto after all. They've never delved that deep into a single line.

True.

Instead of developing so many variants of the T600 a young Reese would have been cool. Also the T800 CGI Arnold at the end but that's just asking for a big naked Arnold. LOL!

T-Rip never had screen time, as far as T:S goes, Kyle's the only real significant screen presence character not made, hell, I bet he had more screen time than Connor.

T:S is lacking Reese, and I think having him would have been enough, Blair might have been cool but I don't see her as integral to the story as Kyle and the characters that were made. Pirates is missing Barbossa, TDK is missing Gordon, ALIENS never got Bishop or Newt, Alien never had Ripley. HT always manages to come up short of producing a "full" line for films.

IF, big IF, Hot Toys makes young John Connor from T2, it'll be the first time HT's done a full line of figures from a movie where I'll feel they covered every key character.

The latest hot toys properties seem to be content with only one figure... (300, Inglorious Basterds, etc.)... I'd love a bear jew.

Anton Yelchin (kyle reese) is really only in the first half of the film, so theres no way he had more screen time than bale. I think Bale and Worthington are the ones that shared screen times.

Yeah not sure what's the reasoning behind just releasing select characters from a franchise. I was always gutted we never got Kroenan from HB. Bishop from Aliens, Clarence Bodicker, Jim Gordon, Scarecrow...the list is endless

I know exactly the reasoning, money, HT doesn't take chances on poor sellers too often. That's why I always argue against them taking over a license like Star Wars, they'd never touch the sorts of background guys Sideshow has, which might be fine for some but not me.

The best 1/6 lines would combine HT's quality with Sideshow's bravery to produce even the random guys.

Caution...mass production at 90% = poor quality.
HT has a handicraftsman approach with right balance between quality and price (almost righ :) )
This kind of approach in sideshow means 400usd and in my opinion with weavering results...
I hope ht maintains the right attitude and doesn't sell his soul for easier money

Caution...mass production at 90% = poor quality.
HT has a handicraftsman approach with right balance between quality and price (almost righ :) )
This kind of approach in sideshow means 400usd and in my opinion with weavering results...
I hope ht maintains the right attitude and doesn't sell his soul for easier money

HT is beginning to show signs increasing output. Consider figs for 3rd Q (July - September) release:

IM Mark IV
War Machine
Whiplash
Black Widow
Perseus
T-1000
T-1000 (Sarah Connor)
Abigail Whistler
Guardian Predator

The list doesn't include cosbaby or bust. 1/6th scale figures averages three new figures a month which is pretty aggressive compared to their past release cycles. Perhaps they already sold their soul :devil

They can do "The Terminator" figures any time they choose they do nt need to worry about finishing the T2 line first ANYTIME those first figures,1984 Reece and T-800 hit the shelves is a good time,I and thousands of others will be ready and waiting as I have been for 26 years now.It ll be such a great day when those figures are unveiled!!

I thought there was a rumor that for some reason they could not (in the forseable future) get the SW license. Besides the obvious that Sideshow has it.

I think because in the Asian market, Medi still has the license and in the US, SSC has it. So, someone would have to give it up first. And since Medi is content to just squander it and SSC is going full-force, I don't think the license will be up for grabs in the near future.

Back