Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:offtopic:

Whaa?????? A......a HT quality Han, Luke, Leia and Ben :thud:

Rant complete......

Please proceed with the conversation of Mr. Robert Patrick's T-1000.

Thank you

That's not worth losing the other figures we've gotten from Sideshow.

HT is beginning to show signs increasing output. Consider figs for 3rd Q (July - September) release:

IM Mark IV
War Machine
Whiplash
Black Widow
Perseus
T-1000
T-1000 (Sarah Connor)
Abigail Whistler
Guardian Predator

The list doesn't include cosbaby or bust. 1/6th scale figures averages three new figures a month which is pretty aggressive compared to their past release cycles. Perhaps they already sold their soul :devil

That list isn't really as deep as you think it is. :huh

Dont forget to add

Jill Valentine
Prince of Persia
and Assassin's Creed

:slap Are you even paying attention to the present conversation?

It's about the depth HT doesn't go into their lines. K. Out of resident evil, we're missing all the other STARS members as well as the zombies/crazies. They only did 5 figures from RE 4 and two of those were variants. Prince of Persia is likely a 1-shot and same with Assassin's Creed. There's no depth in the lines.

If they did Star Wars we'd be lucky to get 10 characters, but 5 of those would be variants of existing characters.

Who's making Glitch?

600px-T2T-1000glitch-3.jpg

That's not worth losing the other figures we've gotten from Sideshow.

That list isn't really as deep as you think it is. :huh

I don't collect SS figures therefore, it would be cool (for me) to have such an option.

I am uncertain what you mean by deep? I was referring to an average of 3 figures per month being rather aggressive for HT considering their past releases. Assuming all figures make 3rd Q as stated.

I don't collect SS figures therefore, it would be cool (for me) to have such an option.

I am uncertain what you mean by deep? I was referring to an average of 3 figures per month being rather aggressive for HT considering their past releases. Assuming all figures make 3rd Q as stated.

3 figures, all from different lines. I'm talking about HT's lack of willingness to go balls-deep into a license and produce more than 5 unique characters from a single license.

3 figures, all from different lines. I'm talking about HT's lack of willingness to go balls-deep into a license and produce more than 5 unique characters from a single license.

I cannot disagree HT is inconsistent with their figure choices however, I am not the type of collector who wants 5 - 10 figures from a movie. SW would definitely be an exception but 2 - 3 maximum suits me fine. Might be the reason I avoid SS so I don't have an over abundance of figures from a line.

The T2 line may be a rare exception with T-800, T-1000, T-1000 (SC) and who knows who else.

I cannot disagree HT is inconsistent with their figure choices however, I am not the type of collector who wants 5 - 10 figures from a movie. SW would definitely be an exception but 2 - 3 maximum suits me fine. Might be the reason I avoid SS so I don't have an over abundance of figures from a line.

The T2 line may be a rare exception with T-800, T-1000, T-1000 (SC) and who knows who else.

Remains to be seen. While I'd certainly spring for a John Connor, I think from here on out as far as T2 is concerned, the rest will be rehashes of the 3 characters we've already received before they move on to revisit T1 and rehash the characters they've already made from there.

Remains to be seen. While I'd certainly spring for a John Connor, I think from here on out as far as T2 is concerned, the rest will be rehashes of the 3 characters we've already received before they move on to revisit T1 and rehash the characters they've already made from there.

Sounds like a good plan. :exactly:

I know exactly the reasoning, money, HT doesn't take chances on poor sellers too often. That's why I always argue against them taking over a license like Star Wars, they'd never touch the sorts of background guys Sideshow has, which might be fine for some but not me.
This is my line of thinking, as well. I can't criticize Hot Toys too much for going with the "fewer characters from more licenses" strategy instead of the "more characters from fewer licenses" approach that Sideshow goes with. Hot Toys is probably making more gross profits, but the net might not be so much greater than Sideshow, since they have to pay all those pesky licensing costs. In any case, they are businesses who have business models that make sense to them. If Hot Toys behaved differently, we might never get those 2 Watchmen or Hellboy figures, or the one Wolverine, since they would be more focused on other lines. Personally, I am happy with their approach for the most part. I am also happy with Sideshow's (with the Joes). They both do good work and get me great figures.

Until you found out that she was a he and he said "hey babe take a walk on the wild side".

They already did years ago.

They did, but I'm sure most of us would like updated versions of those. Let's face it, they were kinda pathetic by today's standards, and Hot Toys has come a long, long way since then. An update of both Reese, and the Terminator from the first film, are long overdue.

Back