Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word 'prototype' means nothing on these boards, at least going by 30 page threads that consist of nothing more than "OMG, TEH HEADSCULPT SUX!!!!"

lol

If you check some of the other threads, you can tell that HT brought alot of protos to SDCC and not production pieces; so most of these are probably not complete or representative of the final version. Hence the hand skin-tone, etc.

At least Hot Toys brings protos to the show, best Sideshow can bring is drawings. :mwaha

Sideshow OWNS Hot Toys, so much so that the figures displayed were in the SIDESHOW booth.

Hot Toys needs sideshow as much as sideshow needs them.

Sideshow's products are ____ty in comparison to Hot Toys (those new T-800 statues are proof of this) but Sideshow has the T2 license. If they went separate ways this T2 stuff wouldn't happen.

Sideshow's products are ____ty in comparison to Hot Toys (those new T-800 statues are proof of this) but Sideshow has the T2 license. If they went separate ways this T2 stuff wouldn't happen.

Those statues don't really prove anything. Honestly, it really depends on the license and the format.

Well no, not all of Sideshows products suck you're right. Didn't mean to generalize. I'm talking within the Terminator licensing. I mean it's strange that sideshow churns out crappy Terminator product, yet they own the license and Hot Toys produces some great ones but they're essentially borrowing the license.

Last edited:
Well no, not all of Sideshows products suck you're right. Didn't meant to generalize. I'm talking within the Terminator licensing. I mean it's strange that sideshow churns out crappy Terminator product, yet they own the license and Hot Toys produces some great ones but they're essentially borrowing the license.

Again though, it depends on format. For when they were released their 12" were and still are good for $50 figures. Their endos and busts blow anything HT could do out of the water. It's only the PF and these new statues that leave one scratching their head.

Again though, it depends on format. For when they were released their 12" were and still are good for $50 figures. Their endos and busts blow anything HT could do out of the water. It's only the PF and these new statues that leave one scratching their head.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I disagree. If hot toys wanted to move into other formats like 1:1 busts I bet they would take a massive dump on sideshows. Thier artists are so much more talented IMO. And they tend to be more accurate and they actually take on board ideas from buyers. Unlike sideshow who tend to go against what people want.

I don't know, so far, I've been unimpressed with HT's work in larger scales. I feel that every one of their 1:4 busts was inferior to their 1/6 counterparts, which was surprising, I would have thought the larger scale would mean things going up a level. Paint was good, but the sculpts weren't as good as the smaller ones, which was surprising.

Though if HT did a line of T2 1/4 scale busts that'd be fine with me :)

I disagree. If hot toys wanted to move into other formats like 1:1 busts I bet they would take a massive dump on sideshows. Thier artists are so much more talented IMO. And they tend to be more accurate and they actually take on board ideas from buyers. Unlike sideshow who tend to go against what people want.

Their 1:4 scale busts have been lackluster at best. Their artists are phenomenal at 1:6, but any bigger than that, they leave more to be desired.

I don't know, so far, I've been unimpressed with HT's work in larger scales. I feel that every one of their 1:4 busts was inferior to their 1/6 counterparts, which was surprising, I would have thought the larger scale would mean things going up a level. Paint was good, but the sculpts weren't as good as the smaller ones, which was surprising.

Though if HT did a line of T2 1/4 scale busts that'd be fine with me :)

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Some more photos from Turtle's SDCC photo thread.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80222

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

That T1000 is looking good......likeness in the pics here looks closer to Robert Patrick that the inital pics; maybe its the light...not worried about the ENORMOUS hands.....does anyone really doubt HT will correct that for final release?

The size may look the same, but I feel safe that hand and face skintones will match, can't think of any cases where HT missed that.

Back