Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. If hot toys wanted to move into other formats like 1:1 busts I bet they would take a massive dump on sideshows. Thier artists are so much more talented IMO. And they tend to be more accurate and they actually take on board ideas from buyers. Unlike sideshow who tend to go against what people want.

As MF stated, most of their 1/4 pieces arent nearly as good as their 1/6 scale figures. I dont care how good HT artists are, theres a huge difference between 1:6 and 1:1.

yeah its funny how sometimes for as much detail hot toys puts into the work. they manage to give him "man hands"

Man hands or gorilla paws?! That's a rookie mistake we really haven't seen since Jedi Luke. :lol

I've always found the standard, open palm hands to look a bit oversized, they really look huge on Jack Sparrow, Harvey Dent's another figure where I noticed them, of course I usually don't use them so it's taken certain figures to spot it. The grip hands have usually looked ok. Even with T-1000, the open and finger waving hands are the ones that really jump out, the pistol hands look ok.

I've always found the standard, open palm hands to look a bit oversized, they really look huge on Jack Sparrow, Harvey Dent's another figure where I noticed them, of course I usually don't use them so it's taken certain figures to spot it. The grip hands have usually looked ok. Even with T-1000, the open and finger waving hands are the ones that really jump out, the pistol hands look ok.

The open hands on TTs look fine. That hand makes him look like Mickey Mouse. :lol

The open hands on TTs look fine. That hand makes him look like Mickey Mouse. :lol

It looks like the after effects from kids cartoons as his hand has been slammed by a hammer when it's throbbing red.

dsc0396c.jpg

Last edited:
I've always thought that pointing hand was a stand-in/WIP... they've never sculpted a hand like that before so it just looks like they didn't take the time/have the time to finish it up. I'm sure the production ones will be fine.

I still can't figure what body he's on, maybe someone at Comic Con could find out, but whatever they're using, they really go Patrick's size right.

DSC_0398.jpg

Just ordered this piece, it's a must have, how's everyone going to display this one? too many options, do you go split head and get spare body to make up the bike cop or what.

The finger wave pose is going to be one of the more popular options... I really don't like the split head though, probably won't use it.

I still can't figure what body he's on, maybe someone at Comic Con could find out, but whatever they're using, they really go Patrick's size right.

DSC_0398.jpg

I agree, whatever body theyre using it looks exactly like roberts.

I want to say it's the NS TT, but the smaller chest makes me think it's the Slim.

What's throwing me from thinking slim is the shoulder width, it seems broader than the slim, unless his head's on the smaller side.

No matter what, it works, but, it would help to know trying to line up a spare body to build figures with. I guess once T-1000 Sarah shows, I can put the donut head on a slim and narrow to try and guess.

I'm really impressed with how they're building figures to be truer to the actors in the body size too, not just the sculpts, it really goes a long way, makes me look forward to the idea of a new Jack Sparrow that doesn't look like a giant :lol

What's throwing me from thinking slim is the shoulder width, it seems broader than the slim, unless his head's on the smaller side.

No matter what, it works, but, it would help to know trying to line up a spare body to build figures with. I guess once T-1000 Sarah shows, I can put the donut head on a slim and narrow to try and guess.

I'm really impressed with how they're building figures to be truer to the actors in the body size too, not just the sculpts, it really goes a long way, makes me look forward to the idea of a new Jack Sparrow that doesn't look like a giant :lol

Why don't you port Jack over to a slim?

Why don't you port Jack over to a slim?

Oh I have, both are, but I'm also hoping for HT to do a new one to improve on the flaws of the past ones, and after doing my conversion, I became fixed on Jack only working on the slim, but worried HT might still stick with the Narrow or something larger, but now I'm confident they'd make the right choice, if they didn't, it could be an issue, like the original Jack's coat is tailored to the full sized TT body and I know some folks are ok with the way it lays but I went with the Medicom coat for fit, but if HT builds a figure around the slim from the start, no need for a swap and it'll just all look good, if they do everything right that they've gotten wrong before.

Even Sarah is a step in the right direction, I was worried she'd look too short next to T-800 but she's about perfect scale for Linda to Arnie.

Back