Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't figure what body he's on, maybe someone at Comic Con could find out, but whatever they're using, they really go Patrick's size right.

DSC_0398.jpg

The belt doesnt look good at all in this pic, it really looks like a scaled toy. Thats whats nice about the T-800 jacket, the belt etc really looks like it's sitting on a 1:1 jacket.

Just ordered this piece, it's a must have, how's everyone going to display this one? too many options, do you go split head and get spare body to make up the bike cop or what.
I know it's a mind boggler! Spare body is the way to go for me, I think. But this is definitely a figure where getting 2 or more wouldn't be crazy.

I've always thought that pointing hand was a stand-in/WIP... they've never sculpted a hand like that before so it just looks like they didn't take the time/have the time to finish it up. I'm sure the production ones will be fine.
Yeah they're my feelings too. Obviously everyone has noticed how wrong the colour is on it so it's safe to say the final one will be correct.

Some more pics over at Cool Toy Review
Cheers for those. He looks brilliant, i'm not even fussed if they don't change the sculpt (as we read they were doing). Love the glare he is giving on the split head. Immense!

IMG_2707.JPG

I'd say there's no need to worry about the skin tone of the hands, in this shot it looks like they just finished the sculpt and made a casting, the finish and monotone color look like just a casting color, not painted and polished up like the production hands are done, I'm not worried, I'm sure it will all match in the end. Man does the portrait on this rock more with each new look at it. What's really nice is you can tilt the head down and the eyes work and you can have it up and they work, they're not done in a limiting way.

Seeing the various con photos of the sculpt, I have to say, HT's really doing a poor job showing off their sculpts lately, their Sarah shots hardly looked like Linda, and maybe they tweaked the sculpt before what shipped and just didn't say anything, but if they didn't then they really did a poor job marketing her because I feel the in hand product looks much more like her than their proto shots did, and even the T-1000 is looking more and more like Patrick with the con lighting than their shots led on.

toy anxiety now have preorders up for t-1000 parts. just got myself nude body with the feet and hand pegs along with normal head, belt and stand so i can make the highway patrol t-1000

The belt doesnt look good at all in this pic, it really looks like a scaled toy. Thats whats nice about the T-800 jacket, the belt etc really looks like it's sitting on a 1:1 jacket.

Looks like your a-typical duty belt to me. :dunno

You do realize that's not the belt holding the pants up, right? :lol

As much as it will cost to buy everything you need to complete the motorcycle cop figure adds up to about half the cost of buying the boxed figure. Might be better off just buying a seconded one with all the trimmings.

man when they first came out I was 100% going Biker cop but these latest batch of pictures of normal cop are looking great

As much as it will cost to buy everything you need to complete the motorcycle cop figure adds up to about half the cost of buying the boxed figure. Might be better off just buying a seconded one with all the trimmings.

It usually is, bodies parted out tend to start around $30-$50 alone, depending on the demand they run even higher than that.

I bought several doubles with intention of parting out only to regret it afterwards. This hobby will be the end of me.

Well, you may not do well selling off the leftover parts, but if you get close to nearly buying a whole second figure, it might be better use of money just to get one. I realized in the end I spent nearly a new figure's worth of money finishing my Harvey Dent off.

In the final scene, is t1000 wearing the motorcycle pants and the regular cop shirt?

Yup, they set it up that after being frozen and blasted into all the shards, not all the pieces made it back to him so he's dysfunctional, the mix of costume parts was one of the ways of suggesting his breakdown, the boots like the T-1000 as Sarah figure was another that was cut from the theatrical release among a few others. They went really far with his dysfunction in the special edition but for theatrical they decided they couldn't have him seem to be totally broken down or all the feat of him getting to Sarah and John would be lost because you'd figure T-800 could just kick his ass. The pants-shirt mismatch is subtle enough to be there but could go overlooked, I wasn't aware of it until years ago when the Sideshow figures came out and it was being discussed at this site.

I think they bought the nude T-1000 body, but that's sold out and not on the TA site anymore, and no picture of it, they just took what the T-1000 comes with and offered up how they usually break things down, so still no idea what body he comes with, probably why it's sold out, people needing a spare body and it being the safest route to get the right one.

I really can't decide how I am going to display him. I ordered 2 and wanted 1 clean 1 damaged but there is still a handful of options left.

Back