Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I am striking out on my Hot Toys lately. Got my BD Iron Man the other day and one of the shoulder pieces broke off, and I just got my T-800 today, on my birthday no less, and one of the endo fingers had broken off in the package.

Sweet fig, but man, two damaged figs in a row is a serious downer.

I feel your pain man, I hate that gut wrenching, eye-popping feeling of despair that accompanies a breakage. But if it's snapped off in the package can't Hot Toys replace it? Or don't they take any responsibility for it? How much do we consumers have to just wear breakages that occur either through shipping or gentle, reasonable handling? Can't we expect that, works of art though these things are, they are still action figures? I'm not a MISB guy, I love posing these things every now and again - otherwise I'd buy statues.

So T-800 is sitting in my BBTS pile of loot, woop! But I'm also waiting on my pre-ordered Triad Evalution and Evolution figures, which could arrive as early as next week, but could be three years away knowing the history of these.

What do I do? Wait a couple of extra weeks to pour drool over my very own T-800 so I can save $40 on shipping, or get him NOW NOW NOW!

Sheesh.

And any chance a 2nd release of this figure will feature some minor variation in an attempt to maintain as much value as possible for collectors who picked up the first version? How does this work? I'm new to this hobby and let a couple of sweet figures go begging early on because I thought I'd easily be able to pick them up later. Now I pre-order as much as my wallet will let me, but obviously some companies - ie Hot Toys - are more prepared to re-release than others - ie Sideshow?

Chances are good that Hot Toys will release a battle damaged T-800 based on their track record. Your main concern should be if you want a clean version or a BD version (or both).

As for the Triad bodies....I really like Triad and I wish they could get their act together but the reality is that they have been this close to getting those bodies out for like...what? 3 years? While all accounts seem to support that they are actually coming this time, I wonder how they will live up to our expectations now that we've been through several generations of Truetypes. I'd cancel those bad boys and ship my T-800 pronto. :lol

More or less if a retailer doesn't have your back on a broken part and not bought directly from Sideshow a refund is in order.

Sideshow which I've had great experience with will more than likely give you $25-$30 for the trouble as they do NOT carry Hot Toys parts. If it's a statue then you have more of a shot if the item isn't in high demand.

Check out the Scarlet Witch Ex thread and you'll see the majority of the members are getting a $30 refund for their troubles. (bad paint apps)

Now to me the actual part or replacement is > than $$$.

Indeed... I don't really care how much it'll end up costing me... broken parts or major imperfections ruins my enjoyment of a figure because it becomes all I see.

It's all good, Stephen from Redford already emailed me a return shipping label.

They're good peeps. The first time I ordered, I accidentally ordered Wolverine twice. I emailed CS right after I did it and they fixed it up, then, I think it was Stephen, emailed me an hour or so later to ask me about it and made sure it was all taken care of. Pretty sweet customer service.

People, you should have just purchased at Redford. WAY BETTER THAN ANY SPOT.

I got my DX Joker for dirt cheap there and my Arnie for 135 shipped.

They have free shipping, solid prices and discounts to members who subscribe to their newsletter.

C'mon people, get with the program. Heck, you can just get them from eBay, my seller account, I'M FLIPPING THESE....AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

got my grenades from T/A (ss duke) to add to the bandoleer & added the joker's glove hands (repainted).....i effing' love this figure..........:rock
Picture001-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

I'm not reading 900 pages... is there any thing to wath out for with the glasses? Is paint from them sticking to his face in hot temperatures like with Blade? Please advise. I want to stick them on his face and be happy.

Back