Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have any suggestion to get a Bandolier or the canon rounds with a good movie accuracy? should I print a picture of it and put it on my T-800 chest? lol!

With the new thigh wrap-around pieces the pants don't pull up as far and this shortens the appearance of the legs somewhat while, I think, being more accurate to Arnie's proportions.
Was gonna say mate. Wondered how you got the pants up over the legs with the add ons on.

Looks cool, good job.

You guys can chase parts for the cyberdyne gear if you want, but honestly, after all the stuff they just packed with the T-1000, I can't imagine not getting a T-800 that comes with it, and it'll me more movie accurrate than kitbashing will get you, just my thought anyway.

You guys can chase parts for the cyberdyne gear if you want, but honestly, after all the stuff they just packed with the T-1000, I can't imagine not getting a T-800 that comes with it, and it'll me more movie accurrate than kitbashing will get you, just my thought anyway.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Absolutely.

I bought a grenade bandolier off eBay for like $10 but it's nowhere near right and isn't really made for a figure the T-800's size, but I had a grenade launcher from back with the Sideshow figure so I figured give it a shot, but there aren't any but custom made ones that'll match the T-800. You can find gatling guns but the bag for the ammo isn't a common item you can just fine.

Like I said, I really expect Hot Toys will provide, just a matter of waiting, if you have a good deal that you come accross and want to jump on it, go for it, I just thinking hunting the parts and maybe spending too much isn't worth it to then have HT offer it and more accurrate and make you wish you hadn't spent the cash.

The pieces I care most about HT delivering are the bag and the bandolier, I think the mini gun they do would more or less look like others out there, same with the grenade launcher, but the bag isn't a common thing and that bandolier has a very distinct look to it and I haven't seen any already made that come close. I probably wouldn't have bought the one I did, no matter how cheap, if I'd really thought about it, it has the grenadeds one right against the other, it doesn't have the gaps in between, just really doesn't look right at all, and like I said, they're made for smaller figure so they look puny on the T-800.

Of course, I expect their banodlier to have that big ass buckle too :lol, I actually am serious though, that part of it stands out to me in the movie, I'd notice it's absence on one for the figure, hell, NECA got it.

Finally got this guy today, and I've got to say. . .I'm slightly disappointed. This is a very nice figure, and a good representation of the character, but it didn't blow me away like it did for others. Maybe my expectations were too high with everybody saying that this was the "best Hot Toys figure ever", etc., but I definitely don't think this is the case. Of recent releases alone, I personally think Blade is much better. Part of it might be that some other HT figures really surprise you by looking so much better in person than in pictures or by giving you more posing options than you expect, etc. But this guy, nice as he is, doesn't seem superior to what I saw in pics. The muscle body seems to be a big improvement over Wolverine, though. Much easier to pose without feeling like you will break something.

Putting the T2 Blu-Ray on as I type. Maybe seeing the film will help me to change my mind.

Didn't know you disliked me previously, sorry about that :lol

:mad: You're on thin ice again.

It's ok Roy, no such thing as over-hype for us :rock

SB.jpg

Back