Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think if they do another clean one, it'll be different in some way, this head hollowed out for PERS or a new expression. Given that we have a stern, clean portrait already, I'd be up for something more expressive, the current head works for the mini gun, but I think something like the Sideshow PF expression or the "trust me" smirk would be cool alternatives.

While it would suck for those wanting to have him firing the gatling gun who don't have a spare MMS117 or at least the head, it'd be cool for those of us nutty enough to be buying up and building up lots of figures to have the alternative. While he was fairly stern even after becoming more human, there were brief expressive moments and it'd be cool to have something different to show that aspect.

Either way, unless it's a PERS head, I don't see it being the same sculpt, unless approvals are very challenging like HT said they were with John Connor where they recycled, that's the only time I can think of where the exact same head was used twice, that and DX Joker, which is different on small levels but close enough for an argument to be made.

The T-1000 was released almost exactly as I pictured it would be. Heres my take on whats next:

DX04 T-800 BD:

Full figure of final scene w/battle damage detail and lit right eye. Then included will be the Cyberdyne damaged sculpt w/PERS. Damaged grey t-shirt with damaged chest piece attached inside and damaged leather biker jacket. Included will also be the grenade launcher, bandolier. No gatling gun imo.

The T-1000 was released almost exactly as I pictured it would be. Heres my take on whats next:

DX04 T-800 BD:

Full figure of final scene w/battle damage detail and lit right eye. Then included will be the Cyberdyne damaged sculpt w/PERS. Damaged grey t-shirt with damaged chest piece attached inside and damaged leather biker jacket. Included will also be the grenade launcher, bandolier. No gatling gun imo.

This is my biggest wonder when/if they do a full BD Terminator. If not a new fully sculpted torso, this seems like the way to go.

But I'm very curious to see how they'll pull it off.

I think it's the best way to go, if you make a thin insert to go behind the shirt, then you can retain the articulation of the current body.

As much as I hope they'd sculpt actual hits, I have a feeling the bullet holes in the neck could end up just being painted spots on the current body rather than carved in holes like they should be, they did it with Connor's scar so I could see it with T-800, though it'd look awkward because presumably, the face would have them carved in.

As much as I hope they'd sculpt actual hits, I have a feeling the bullet holes in the neck could end up just being painted spots on the current body rather than carved in holes like they should be, they did it with Connor's scar so I could see it with T-800, though it'd look awkward because presumably, the face would have them carved in.

Seems the most likely. Then again all they have to do is create a new mold for the chest part of this muscle body, with the holes on the neck. Sort of how they have switch out chest pieces for regular tru-types, though this would be a bit different then that.

One can hope

I was let down with Connor being done how he was, I'm hoping the T-800 will be spared no expense to be as true to how it should look as it can.

Of course, if Hot Toys comes through with a young John Connor figure, I can look the other way on some tiny bullet hits :)

Young John feels really necessary to me, but I've also figured it'd never happen, so if they surprise me with that, I'll be very happy.

Young John Connor alone could make SDCC 2010 one of the best since I've been following Comic Con, if he debuts there.

As much as a second Sarah was a surprise, it's mostly recycled parts, John would likely be an all new body they've never had before, and best I can figure, never would use again, unless they can use the Sideshow Hobbit body for one time.

I'm hoping for the surprise, but it'll be just that, I really don't see it coming.

Back