Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be very surprised if they do release a young john ............. its all about the body at this point. Everything else is business as usual ......... still if they did produce a special body does it have to be reused to be considered? Couldn't it just be a one time thing? Aside from all of that, they'd also have to price him very cheap ........... say $100-$110 imo.

Hmmmm the thought of this character is very up and down imo. Alotta pros and cons if you ask me.

I don't know if they'd need guaranteed re-usability to develop a youth body. If you look at say, the T-600, obviously that's a incredibly intricate body where they did several variants to get some more use out of it. But a youth body is basically a shrunken down tru-type (theoretically). the engineering is all there it's just sculpting the pieces.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a matter of the engineering or sculpting, they already did a lot of that with Sideshow for the Hobbit body, i think it's molding and mass producing the body and those costs. You might be able to just put John on a slim TT, it's a hair shorter than regular TTs and T-800's a hair taller, so it might balance out close enough.

Here's a good shot of John and T-800s relative heights.

T2_12.jpg

It'd be better to have a side by side of John and Sarah. I'm just looking at my setup and Sarah's height looks to be just under Arnies chin.

I'd be very surprised if they do release a young john ............. its all about the body at this point. Everything else is business as usual ......... still if they did produce a special body does it have to be reused to be considered? Couldn't it just be a one time thing? Aside from all of that, they'd also have to price him very cheap ........... say $100-$110 imo.

Hmmmm the thought of this character is very up and down imo. Alotta pros and cons if you ask me.

I don't think it has anything to do with the body per say, but moreso their lack of consistency in license depth. While I'd like to see a young John as well, I think we've gotten all the characters we'll be getting from T2 and from here on out, they'll all just be variants.

I dunno, I think HT takes risks on certain properties. I look at licenses like Mars Attacks and Them doing Abigail Whistler from Blade and i Think...Young Connor doesn't seem nearly as far fetched.

BINGO!

I had not even thought about that. Special custom bodies right there.

I don't think it has anything to do with the body per say, but moreso their lack of consistency in license depth. While I'd like to see a young John as well, I think we've gotten all the characters we'll be getting from T2 and from here on out, they'll all just be variants.

This is pretty much my exact thought too but you just never know. I figure HT's has a plan and the only time its altered is when sales aren't as good as hoped.

I dunno, I think HT takes risks on certain properties. I look at licenses like Mars Attacks and Them doing Abigail Whistler from Blade and i Think...Young Connor doesn't seem nearly as far fetched.

These are some good points.

Couple more height references.

T2_14.jpg

You know they could even use Sarah's body with height modifications. Well minus the boobs of course :lol

That's the aggrivation with HT's lack of completed lines, they do some oddball figures sometimes and then completely skip more obvious ones. I get that Chow Yun Fat is a big start abroad, but 2 Sao Feng figures and no Barbossa in Pirates seems like a big WTF.

John's about a 50/50 shot of happening, I'm hoping the love they seem to be showing for T2 will result in them taking a chance on John, but I'm not counting on it.

John's about a 50/50 shot of happening, I'm hoping the love they seem to be showing for T2 will result in them taking a chance on John, but I'm not counting on it.

They'll show love for anything if its making money, which in this case T2 is.

That's the aggrivation with HT's lack of completed lines, they do some oddball figures sometimes and then completely skip more obvious ones. I get that Chow Yun Fat is a big start abroad, but 2 Sao Feng figures and no Barbossa in Pirates seems like a big WTF.

that is so painfully true. Here's hoping T2's staying power is enough to break away from that.

besides..I think Furlong needs to money...come on HT

I hear ya. Whistler was definitely a welcome surprise. However, releasing Dracula as a naked TrueType basically shows their level of further commitment. Same with Gambit. :lol Mars Attacks has to be a pet project of the owner because I don't understand how that would honestly be a profitable venture with the questionable mass appeal. It's an old movie, and definitely entertaining, but not sure I'd want to drop $100 a piece on high-end figures from it. Unfortunately, I think John might possibly fall into the Barbosa category MaulFan's talking about. It makes sense that they should make him, and I'd certainly buy him, but they probably won't in favor of a redundant T-1000 or Pescadero Sarah variant.

I hear ya. Whistler was definitely a welcome surprise. However, releasing Dracula as a naked TrueType basically shows their level of further commitment. Same with Gambit. :lol Mars Attacks has to be a pet project of the owner because I don't understand how that would honestly be a profitable venture with the questionable mass appeal. It's an old movie, and definitely entertaining, but not sure I'd want to drop $100 a piece on high-end figures from it. Unfortunately, I think John might possibly fall into the Barbosa category MaulFan's talking about. It makes sense that they should make him, and I'd certainly buy him, but they probably won't in favor of a redundant T-1000 or Pescadero Sarah variant.

yeah, like I said...painfully true but I got most of my phalanges crossed.

and :rotfl at the dracula comment

i saw somewhere on here that someone is still questioning the size of the harley davidson fatboy phone. so i thought i should post pics of it from differant angles. since i've only posted a front one before. i think its almost the perfect size for it. but here u go. hope these help.
dg57k1.jpg

jacpyr.jpg

20u71g9.jpg

e6powg.jpg

34h757k.jpg

rsaejs.jpg

whe4w5.jpg

Back