Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There could be something wrong with him, not that his opinions are innately wrong - I even agree on some counts - but his repetitive ways, setting up multiple accounts, going extreme in some of them and getting those ones banned, coming back with another one - not exactly normal behaviour is it.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Has anyone ever put this figure onto a smaller body to see if it makes him more accurately proportioned to T2? Thinking of trying it with my Galleria T-800, theres times I look at him and it slightly bugs me that his head looks small on top of that huge body - not all the time but sometimes and from certain angles.

I'd say the best route is a Wolverine/Comedia body or Perseus, you could put it on a regular TT but the plastic neck and the head will really clash. I really like that HT figures now hide the neck joint under rubber, for years the realism of the sculpts were killed by that smooth, shiny neck post running into the head.

Hmm thats true about the normal truetype option, the damned neck. What I might do is give him (T-800) Royce's body when that figure arrives. I think I could live with Royce being on a regular true type - it'd mean definitely having to stick with his fully clothed look from Predators.

I'm just very curious what T-800 would look like on a smaller body where his clothes don't make him look too big but rather fill him out to precisely his proportional size in T2.

The bonus if this worked would be an extra freed up T-800 body for future T1 figures.

I believe someone here had put him onto a smaller body, maybe the Wolverine (which is what Royce is on). If I remember right, it worked for the upper body but the smaller legs made the pants look baggy.

It'd be quite an undertaking but I think if someone could take the legs off the T-800 and put them on the Wolverine body, you'd have the right parts to fill out the T2 figure properly.

I almost wish HT wasn't even considering T1 figures just because it probably would have meant the T2 T-800 being more true to his build in that film, but with the need to recycle the body, we get the T-800 body which is a stage between his T1 bulk and his T2 slender look, it's close enough for both, though I think it works best for T1, the form on the Tech Noir figure looks fantastic, even the magazing shots down to just the under shirt.

I believe someone here had put him onto a smaller body, maybe the Wolverine (which is what Royce is on). If I remember right, it worked for the upper body but the smaller legs made the pants look baggy.

It'd be quite an undertaking but I think if someone could take the legs off the T-800 and put them on the Wolverine body, you'd have the right parts to fill out the T2 figure properly.

I almost wish HT wasn't even considering T1 figures just because it probably would have meant the T2 T-800 being more true to his build in that film, but with the need to recycle the body, we get the T-800 body which is a stage between his T1 bulk and his T2 slender look, it's close enough for both, though I think it works best for T1, the form on the Tech Noir figure looks fantastic, even the magazing shots down to just the under shirt.

My plan is to just add the extra thigh pieces that come with advanced true types. In fact I'm already using a set of those on my Galleria T-800 to make his legs even bigger. So I think that should rectify any baggy trouser problem that may emerge were I to transfer him to the Wolverine/Royce body.

I'm actually glad they did the body the way they did. For T2 it needed to be a decent size for it to look appropriate for the Dyson's house arm reveal scene. They really achieved a happy medium and as you say it looks perfect for T1. Its all even better if we can put T-800 onto a slightly smaller body if we choose.

It looks great for the endo arm reveal look, but in the full jacket look, he's a bit bulkier in the chest than I'd like, it actually almost seems like the chest is larger than it should be for the rest of the body, abs, legs. It's the only really off thing I find with this figure, from some angles it can cause him to look pinheaded, but overally it looks fine most of the time. Still one of my most favorite figures I own, and glad I thought to buy 2 from the start, especially if we get no more, it will be my only way of having a Cyberdyne figure.

This is now in stock at sideshow I was browsing and saw he was in stock so I had to pull the trigger on this I past it up once but not this time.

Just got my Coo M79 Grenade Launcher from Toys2. I even have some metal grenades from that I think I picked up from Q some time ago with the gatteling gun

Thanks, hope you can get the set as well.
t2t8006.jpg

finally time to setup for new picture with new gear
BTW my Launcher was missing the front clip to loop the strap so I am glad toys2 believes me and is going to exchange for me. Better ask your seller to check for you prior to shipping as mine was certainly broken before it was packaged as the broken pieces were not in the box

I really wish they sold just the bandolier and grenades at a lower price, I have a launcher and I'm not a fan of the orangey tint to the wood parts on this one.

Hello guys,

I was wondering if you can help a fellow member out here...

The situation is this - I just got another T2 T800 from a Hong Kong ebay dealer last week. While I was inspecting him, I noticed a crack inside the neck post (on the hard plastic part), and there is also a small rip in his leather jacket.

So my questions to those of you unfortunate enough to have received faulty products from HT are, can I get those damaged parts replaced from Hot Toys? If so, what are the procedures? Will they charge me extra for the new parts? And how long do they usually get back to the complaints?

I know they are just minor damages, but I don't think it is very acceptable for that to happen to a high-end collectible item.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate all your advices as this is the first time I have received a faulty product from HT.

Back