Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut the peg/tips.

edit: also found out that Billy Sole HT gloves work great painted black, I just did this with my Golden Steel Brigade custom.

My full on T-800 will now be complete....:yess:

images

You don't need to cut the peg/tips, I bought the SS Firefly gloves and the HT pegs just popped right in, no modifying at all.

You don't need to cut the peg/tips, I bought the SS Firefly gloves and the HT pegs just popped right in, no modifying at all.

Must be older Sideshow GI JOE hands, Storm Shadow you had to and I believe either Sniper, Officer or Trooper has longer stems.

So yes, maybe not for the newer FF, I haven't tried.

Either way Thrifty you are good to go as both methods are easy. :lecture

Yeah Skiman, I think it was you who said the T-800s clothes are too big to transfer him convincingly onto a smaller body am I right? Well, if so, you were right. You end up having to beef him up so much to fill out the clothes that the intention of the whole operation - giving him a more accurate T2 build - is undone; you end up making him as chunky as his original body. So its kinda pointless for my purposes. Oh well, back to the T1-esque proportions. Still, it was a good move putting Royce onto a normal TT and now I have his muscle body for some other purpose.

Awesome! Those pics makes me want to buy another t-800 just to have him in his cyberdyne gear.

You are sitting on a goldmine with that Royce body mate, they go for a lot on ebay.

Really? Well I'm actually just now trying to convert Billy Sole onto it. I hate that old style muscle body. Unfortunately and annoyingly its not a straightforward conversion, wrist pegs aren't going in easy for one thing and also lastnight I broke a part of the head connector, y'know that piece thats inside the T-800s neck. Royce has the same thing.

I'm sick of having to use boiling water or hair dryers all the time. Why can't these things ever be straightforward!!!! :banghead

Cool new photos. Maulfan what do you make of that grenade launcher in person? It seemed too clean and kinda red in previous pics.

Can't say, my M79 is from an old Hot Toys figure that I bought back when the Sideshow figure came out, I was just lucky enough to have a boardie hook me up with the bandolier only. The photos of the set M79 looked to red/orange for me, and already having an M79 I was happy with, I saw no reason to get a new one that looks lesser.

I still hope for HT to do the grenades and bandolier, and if they do, I hope they scale the grenades to the figure and not to the launcher. I think part of the effect is because the grenades are made to fit in the launcher, but compared ot the portrait, they are much smaller than the ones int he movie are proportionally to Arnie's face, they look tiny against the figure. If they are true 1/6, then I'm for HT oversizing them to make them look right on the figure and not making them small enought to fit in the M79. Being able to really load it is neat, but most of the time, what we'll see is the bandolier on the body so I'm for making that look as true to the screen as possible.

Yep, the grenades were pretty big, I think that's what makes the bandolier look a bit off on the arnie fig.

Pretty much, I'd say they should be about 150% the size of what comes with the bandolier.

Like I said, if they are true 1/6 as is, then ignore true scale to match hte movie right. I think more people would notice them looking too small on the figure and than not being true 1/6. Proportion to the figure is a visual thing, I think you'd need a ruler to figure out the scale being wrong. The grenades on the Sideshow PF look like the right size so it's not like every company gets them on the smaller side.

Back