Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish they sold just the bandolier and grenades at a lower price, I have a launcher and I'm not a fan of the orangey tint to the wood parts on this one.

Yeah I know what you mean, the colour is a bit iffy. I'm thinking of either attempting a repaint or scraping mine up a bit when I get it.

Sorry Shin Akuma I have no experience with HT customer service with returns/replacements etc Mind you I don't think the tear in the leather jacket would bother me too much depending on where it is and how significant it is though. One of mine has a tear on the arm and I don't really care.

btw the grenade launcher in hand is a bit lighter in color and less red. Not sure how I can take a picture of it with accurate colour representation

I was round Sick8oy:Custom studio yesterday and I love the T800 what he's done with the M134!

69435_465482869584_329989274584_5432220_6985977_n.jpg

Nice work, painful though, really highlights the suckiness of not having a BD figure, which would hopefully include the semi-BD head that matches that scene.

Yup, it's very high on my all-time want figure lists. I'll be happy if we even get a full BD figure at all, but I do hope if we get a BD release, they pack the parts so that you can have it be either semi or full BD, full is my favorite look but I like semi a lot to and would really like a figure of that as well.

My favorite look is actually the semi-BD, as he has in the scene above (like the Mcfarlane fig). So I'm really hoping they make all the parts available to achieve both looks. I guess I could bash together the look I want with a regular and a full-BD Terminator, though a semi-BD headsculpt would be must for me.

I don't know what it is, but his full damaged look from T2 is one of my favorite visuals in all movies, which is why that and my love of the character in T2 put a full BD figure at tops of my all-time want list, and fully articulated figure in the Sideshow HT style, even though NECA did a nice one, I want one fully posable and with real cloth bits and all.

HT would be a fool to not come out with one cause we fools would be lined up to get multiples of it for sure :lol

Well, here's the thing, they'd be fools not to pad a set that contains the parts for semi and full BD.

If they do just full, I'm only buying one, if they do both, I'm buying 2, and I'm sure a number of others would do the same, sales would greatly increase by having multiple figures in one box but not all the pieces to make both, like T-1000, though a lone, full BD figure would still sell crazy so maybe they won't feel the need.

T-1000 was just a phenomenon just based on what ppl have posted here. Seems like a lot of freaks here bought multiples so hopefully HT learns to just give it all and we will still throw money at them by just buying a whole lot more :D. Especially for T-800 since we can't just simply go and buy a TT to make another one

The thing with multiples comes down to what you need.

With the T-1000, there just weren't enough parts to make 2 full figures out of the one package. You could source the missing parts elsewhere but that could potentially cost close to the price of a full 2nd figure, so then it becomes smarter to buy 2 and sell off what you don't use.

If there's an HT generated need to buy 2 and not just one and some parts, people will go for it. That's what got me to buy two MMS117s, I'm sure that even if we get the Cyberdyne weapons and gear, we won't get another clean portrait and costume, so you need this current figure for those parts.

Well, here's the thing, they'd be fools not to pad a set that contains the parts for semi and full BD.

If they do just full, I'm only buying one, if they do both, I'm buying 2, and I'm sure a number of others would do the same, sales would greatly increase by having multiple figures in one box but not all the pieces to make both, like T-1000, though a lone, full BD figure would still sell crazy so maybe they won't feel the need.

Lets hope when HT does the full damaged T800 they have his arm stuffed in his shirt . . .

Lucky guy that got this, 149 dollars is a great price for that kit. Really sad i missed out on this item :/

I'm afraid not. Only if it was built but when these kits are to be built they are dirt cheap.

I'm guessing it was that price because this piece seems to be rare. I wish I could have gotten a hold of one when they were widely available. Tamiya's stuff is top notch.

They were only released in Japan because of Harley not giving world wide license. They usually go for around 300 dollars unbuilt, so this is a good price.. You can get built ones for around 150, but then they are usually blue because that's the colour on the package.. I've never seen a black build of this kit.

Back