Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuts and gaps in visible areas, areas which are always uncovered and always visible, on figures that are supposed to striving for realism....:dunno
hey HT!
announce terminator figures surrounded by living tissue already!!! :mad:

hey HT!
announce terminator figures surrounded by living tissue already!!! :mad:

Funny. But not a convincing argument as to why the occasional bunching of clothes is a more annoying problem than permanent and visible gaps in a figures ****ing head!! :lol

as Skull already mentioned, there is no problem on T1 figure where neck goes deep into the head. only stupid engineering of PERS head gives that problem.

The ball-joint head. Because its important for your T-800 to be able to do this:

15846_4Capture_Break_Neck_Dance.jpg

:D

OK I'm done.

I get the annoyance and would prefer a necked sculpt, too, but really it's only visible at certain odd angles. It's really unlikely that anyone would have their DX-10 posed for display as shown in post 14,314. You're in a bit of a unique situation, a-dev, since you like to recreate movies scenes and whatnot, so I can see it being more problematic for you. Most of the other purchasers will only ever look at the figure in some variation of a hero pose, where the gaps are pretty much unnoticeable.

I get the annoyance and would prefer a necked sculpt, too, but really it's only visible at certain odd angles. It's really unlikely that anyone would have their DX-10 posed for display as shown in post 14,314. You're in a bit of a unique situation, a-dev, since you like to recreate movies scenes and whatnot, so I can see it being more problematic for you. Most of the other purchasers will only ever look at the figure in some variation of a hero pose, where the gaps are pretty much unnoticeable.

Cheers, yeah that's exactly it. If you're recreating movie shots which are profile views etc, its horrible for those.

it's not funny, it's the natural evolution of an ideal 1/6 figure: its skin should be one piece of stretching self healing material! in 500 years from now HT will just grow skin over a metal skeleton.
including the inevitable end of tsang era, those will be good times.
:D

Arnold does that though. Can't think of any specific T2 moments, but:

If the head and neck are sculpted together, this is how the head will tilt forward:

I just think the pieces can be connected better instead of bringing them together and losing the ability to recreate that natural head movement.

Nice case you've put forward. Will it persuade me around to ball-joint heads - not if we continue to get DX10s. Even DX13, an improvement in this area over DX10, still has gaps when you tilt the head. I think at high-end pricepoints and supposed realism they should be putting more effort into making ball-joint heads look better, no gaps. The sculpting detail of the actual necks could be better aswell.

i am really, really glad that HT never listens to fans.
that guarantees that they will never use that awful idea of a-dev to make a statue with a chest hole instead of terminator figures!

i am really, really glad that HT never listens to fans.
that guarantees that they will never use that awful idea of a-dev to make a statue with a chest hole instead of terminator figures!

Relocating a joint does not a statue make. Even removing the joint would not a statue make, but then that's not what I'm even asking.

By the way I just wanna put this out there - keep up the good work on the Predators Mr Tsang! :D
mr. Tsang makes those necks you hate ;)
errrr those ugly new smiles.

p.s. knowing HT it's possible that they will make a head/neck single piece (famous mr. Tsang loves uniting details very much)... it will be some most waited figure... and neck andgle will really look like this!

so i'd delete those photos ASAP if i were you :panic:

Last edited:
Nice case you've put forward. Will it persuade me around to ball-joint heads - not if we continue to get DX10s. Even DX13, an improvement in this area over DX10, still has gaps when you tilt the head. I think at high-end pricepoints and supposed realism they should be putting more effort into making ball-joint heads look better, no gaps. The sculpting detail of the actual necks could be better aswell.

:lol

seriously though, I'm open to any way to make a figure more realistic, in the case of the dx10 a sculpted neck may have helped improve it, but it is the pers that really hurt it, it caused the thick eyelids, the horrible gaps at the neck and the noticible seam on the back of the head so at the end of the day pers causes most of the problems a-dev complains about, not the neckless sculpt. Not to say a i'm a fan of all neckless sculpts, for instance Nick Fury figure looks really bad because of the neckless head, that would have benifited from a fully sculpt neck head combo, same story for the rescue captain America.

It all comes down to the execution on each figure, dx10 was a fail, dx13 was a win, even though the dx13 suffers from the neck gap when tilted and the seam at the back of the head, the figure overall is a masterpiece....though an arguement could be made it would have been even better without pers, though loss of eye movement on the semi bd would have problematic with the scanning pose so I'll take it as hot toys gave it to us, but for the full bd head creating the hatch seam to have the ability to move one eye was not nesserary, light up button could have been moved and a more seamless head could have been produced. At this point i'm splitting hairs but hope you get what I'm saying:monkey3

Back