Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips or tutorials?

The parts I've circled in white need to be 'broken' off and cut shorter at the base. Then glued back on. I had to add a little bit of gore and paint it to hide some uneven cutting though. I also added some gory remnants on the pistons.

Problem is it now looks inaccurate to the detail and proportions of a real endo-arm.

^looks a bit weird and stumpy from that side. However I prefer that to an arm which is noticeably too long.

**** sake, my favourite part of T2 and HT messed it with a crap Endo arm, I'd like to mod it but its a €300 figure so too risky, thanks for the help.

No, the forearm is too long and the hand is probably too big aswell. Thumb orientation is also unnatural.

Nice removeable flesh though Ecko, I forgot you had done that.
arm01_zpsf9a57fd3.jpg~original

arm03_zps8c5df866.jpg~original

arm02_zpsf9a57fd3.jpg~original

T2_armflesh.jpg~original

002_result01.jpg~original

002_result02.jpg~original

002_result03.jpg~original

i was first! :mad::gah::rotfl:hi5:

Yeah, nice mods Adev and P. Both of yours look better than mine. I really don't know what Hot Toys was thinking when they made that arm

I really don't know what Hot Toys was thinking when they made that arm
let's start our own HT together! :D
Yeah, nice mods Adev and P. Both of yours look better than mine.
oops it turned out ugly.
i didn't mean that somebody was better or worse on that. i'm just disqustingly greedy for fame :lol
I knew, I just didn't know Ecko had done it. Or I forgot. I love that last pic by the way.
and i love the "remnants", by today i've seen only you and V-Raptor making them :)
don't know how you guys did that, would love to repeat, but i already hate all those sculpting/painting procedures, i'm insanely lame in doing them.

Last edited:
Yeah, nice mods Adev and P. Both of yours look better than mine. I really don't know what Hot Toys was thinking when they made that arm

They just ported it straight over from their full endoskeleton figure without any changes. The endo figure is too big overall to theoretically fit inside an Arnie figure. It'll be interesting to see if they scale down the new diecast one.

Is there any way to buy a custom 1/6 Arnold head/neck to go with this figure? I have the visible neck joint on this figure but I figure if I can buy a custom head with the neck attached (head and neck as one solid piece) I can make a custom Terminator without the very visible distasteful neck joint.

Unfortunately most Arnie heads these days are made with these kinds of muscle-bodies in mind. And sculpts that were made in days past with necks...well those sculpts can be a bit dated IMO. Its annoying but I think this is it for Arnold figures, ****ing ball-joint necks. And yet not a single T-1000 figure is made with one for some reason. T-1000 always gets the more aesthetically pleasing all-in-one head/neck.

T-1000 always gets the more aesthetically pleasing all-in-one head/neck.
...and ugly chest/neck connection area with a huge gap where clothes become sunk&stuck after every head move :slap
no neck/body connections for Schwarzenegger please. and for any figure with a t-shirt collar clothes.

...and ugly chest/neck connection area with a huge gap where clothes become cluttered after every head move :slap
no neck/body connections for Schwarzenegger please.

As I said to that same point before - a simple matter of futzing.

There's no futzing this away though -

Honestly, how you can prefer this^ I do not know. You're talking about clothes getting bunched up. A minor annoyance at worst. Cuts and gaps in visible areas, areas which are always uncovered and always visible, on figures that are supposed to striving for realism....:dunno

I get where A-dev is coming from with the ugly gap created on the neckless pers head, however this was never an issue before pers, at least for me. The mms117 and the mms136 to me look fine with the neckless sculpts, its only when the pers system is matched with the neckless sculpt do we get that unsitely gap. I've stated this before but the cause is with the pers gimmick the head actually sits higher on the neck creating the noticeable gap, whereas the solid sculpt sits lower on the neck making a more seamless transition. Get rid of pers and the problem goes away:lecture

Is that an MMS body? The bulk of the torso and the neck look more MMS than DX/TTM20

And Skull, yes I think you're right, it was less of an issue with the MMS head/neck. I'd still personally prefer sculpted necks though.

As I said to that same point before - a simple matter of futzing.

There's no futzing this away though -

Honestly, how you can prefer this^ I do not know. You're talking about clothes getting bunched up. A minor annoyance at worst. Cuts and gaps in visible areas, areas which are always uncovered and always visible, on figures that are supposed to striving for realism....:dunno

Something is wrong, my DX13 doesn't sit like that, its flush, have you the head all the way down?

Back