1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't have a "high end collectible" feel to it. The dropped the ball big time on that arm.

That arm really pulls the figure down and there's no excuse for it Hot Toys have been doing realistic looking metal arms for years (Iron man anyone) It's a bit of a cop out to put a dollar store arm on there.

Otherwise he looks excellent.

Wow. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-DX figure as loaded as this guy.

Yeah. It's one of the few gems that you can't put every accessory on the figure. although it looks like you almost can since he has sheaths and straps for a lot of his weapons on his suit, yes?

MOjHgoA.gif

I feel like I would be so much more interested if it came with Cap's shield as an accessory. I obviously get that it doesn't make sense for it come with one, but if it had, I'd might be more interested to get it in the after market. It's a silly thought, since I can always get the shield separately, but it just seems like a missed opportunity.

Yeah. It's one of the few gems that you can't put every accessory on the figure. although it looks like you almost can since he has sheaths and straps for a lot of his weapons on his suit, yes?

I would think you can put almost everything on him, with the exception of the launcher and machine gun. Although, I may get a sling for the rifle to hang off of him.

And yet I still want to pick up a grenade launcher and sniper rifle for this guy

Same here. I've been holding off on getting the 50 cal until I saw pics of this guy, but I may need to grab the other launcher too.

I think it looks good. I'm keeping my PO.

^^^ Nice. The hands are perfect for holding those two while everything else is strapped in. The only other figure I have that I was able to put so many items on was the DX10. :lol

Not digging that arm at all. In the movie that arm looked super menacing but in this it looks like the arm of a scrawny teenager :slap I think it has to do with the overall proportion as well. Jingobell took the best shots by far though. Makes the arm actually decent looking

Yeah, have to say, for me this is one of HT's few misses with the Marvel license. Really liked the character in the movie and I've liked pretty much all of their Captain America/Avengers releases (for example, similar military-clad figure -- The Falcon -- looks incredible to me). With Bucky, though... don't like the hair or arm. The black spray across the eyes and the goggles/mask, though it all looked cool in the movie, just doesn't seem to be working in this scale. If you love TWS, though, guess it's a must-have and no doubt will be better in-hand, like most figures.

I think one of the guns can go at the back, the rest I'm not sure if he could just carry around :) That's a good problem though :)

And yet I still want to pick up a grenade launcher and sniper rifle for this guy

Same here!

Anyway, I'm keeping my PO as I really like how the movie costume reflects the comic-book costume. So far there's no telling as well if WS would still be WS in the next movie/s, or if his new threads would still be as close to the comicbooks, so at least til then, this is a keeper for me.

Back