1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see one inaccuracy with the arm, if you look at the boxart or movie stills you see the metal arm connecting into the chest muscles that is also made of metal. The HT figure the metal arm just gets cutoff at the deltoid muscle. I think that adds to why the arm looks weak. They should've made it like the new Thor figure where the chain mail continues onto the chest. Sorry I studied anatomy at school so I get obsessed with these things

I see one inaccuracy with the arm, if you look at the boxart or movie stills you see the metal arm connecting into the chest muscles that is also made of metal. The HT figure the metal arm just gets cutoff at the deltoid muscle. I think that adds to why the arm looks weak. They should've made it like the new Thor figure where the chain mail continues onto the chest. Sorry I studied anatomy at school so I get obsessed with these things

I didnt study anatomy at school..... but I still find it annoying as well :wink1:

I'm glad the arm isn't rubber... I actually think this fig is pretty good. Maybe not up there with the Stealth Cap but still good. Great detailing on his uniform. Sculpt is good front on as well.

the action photos of Winter Soldier with Captain America fighting each other look pretty funny, since cap has an aggressive look on his face and Bucky has this blank zombified stare.

the action photos of Winter Soldier with Captain America fighting each other look pretty funny, since cap has an aggressive look on his face and Bucky has this blank zombified stare.
Well, that's pretty accurate to the movie. Except for when he started getting his memory back, Bucky was a blank slate assassin.

I think this figure Rocks! The details on the costume for 1/6 figure is magnificent.
The headsculpt looks incredible.
Wasnt initially gonna pick this up, but the more I watch the movie again, and the more I look at the
pics...I think I'm gonna have to pick up this figure.

About the arm, people keep comparing it to Thor's, but people forget that Thor's thread wasnt exactly a 100% win on the arm.
Yeah, the arm sure looks a little better, but since its rubber, you're stuck though with non dynamic poses cause leaving the arms bent most
likely will result with tearing the rubber arm.

I'm glad HT sacrificed aesthetics this time for posability. This is one of those figures that looks incredible with dynamic poses.

Anyone comfortable leaving their Thor posed like this?
WinterSoilderHD149_zpsd6fb9b27.jpg~original

If this came out before Thor, we probaly have people wishing the arms were like this so you they wouldnt have to worry
about posing their thor and tearing the arm.

I think this figure Rocks! The details on the costume for 1/6 figure is magnificent.
The headsculpt looks incredible.
Wasnt initially gonna pick this up, but the more I watch the movie again, and the more I look at the
pics...I think I'm gonna have to pick up this figure.

About the arm, people keep comparing it to Thor's, but people forget that Thor's thread wasnt exactly a 100% win on the arm.
Yeah, the arm sure looks a little better, but since its rubber, you're stuck though with non dynamic poses cause leaving the arms bent most
likely will result with tearing the rubber arm.

I'm glad HT sacrificed aesthetics this time for posability. This is one of those figures that looks incredible with dynamic poses.

Anyone comfortable leaving their Thor posed like this?
WinterSoilderHD149_zpsd6fb9b27.jpg~original

If this came out before Thor, we probaly have people wishing the arms were like this so you they wouldnt have to worry
about posing their thor and tearing the arm.

:goodpost::exactly:

I broke down and ordered him from Hong Kong after seeing Jingo's pics. I think he turned out great. However, I think I'm going to try to find a loose arm and have it chromed. I found a local shop that can chrome plastic so we'll see.

The Soldier, in video form. No Mime Showcase from OMG?

I love the Imperial March, but if I had to listen to it for eight hours straight, five days in a row, I'd kill myself.

The Soldier, in video form. No Mime Showcase from OMG?

I love the Imperial March, but if I had to listen to it for eight hours straight, five days in a row, I'd kill myself.

This is not from OMG. It's from other guy. Sorry i don't remember his name.

I'm a pretty picky guy and I even I have to say I'm not sure how much I can get behind some of the nit picks. I mean, all of these figs are imperfect and I think that this one falls well within the acceptable pro/con ratio. To call this a fail and a dropped ball is being pretty hard on it. Sure the arm should have had a more metallic paint app but that's the only real let down IMO. How much more can you expect from sculpted hair and a single jointed arm?

My biggest nit is that they went with the movie posters as reference for the make-up and not stuck to what appeared on screen more. He should've had the eye black with the masked sculpt as he appeared in the rooftop chase, and no eye black on the unmasked sculpt as he appeared for the most part throughout the movie

I'm a pretty picky guy and I even I have to say I'm not sure how much I can get behind some of the nit picks. I mean, all of these figs are imperfect and I think that this one falls well within the acceptable pro/con ratio. To call this a fail and a dropped ball is being pretty hard on it. Sure the arm should have had a more metallic paint app but that's the only real let down IMO. How much more can you expect from sculpted hair and a single jointed arm?

My biggest nit is that they went with the movie posters as reference for the make-up and not stuck to what appeared on screen more. He should've had the eye black with the masked sculpt as he appeared in the rooftop chase, and no eye black on the unmasked sculpt as he appeared for the most part throughout the movie

The character is pretty much defined by the arm imo, so considering it looks like my 1980's GI Joe figs I think the criticism is fair. The make up is another negative, plus gargantuan hands lol. However, there are plenty of strengths from likeness to tailoring to accessories, so while I wouldn't write this off as a complete disaster it's just so-so in my book and goes right into the 'When can I use a coupon to pick this guy up?' column.

So one can use a spray like Testors Dull Cote to dull Cap's shield to match the movie look. Surely, there's a spray to give Winter Soldier's arm a shinier more chrome look.

The only thing that makes me sad about this figure is that they didn't stick with the original design where his hair was going to be removable. His hair is so close to his face that I doubt it can be cut off, and I really wanted to make a custom Bucky figure from the first movie. I can't even tell if he has ears under there.

When will he most likely start shipping in the US now?

The only thing that makes me sad about this figure is that they didn't stick with the original design where his hair was going to be removable. His hair is so close to his face that I doubt it can be cut off, and I really wanted to make a custom Bucky figure from the first movie. I can't even tell if he has ears under there.

When will he most likely start shipping in the US now?

Probably six, seven weeks from now.

Back