1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of waiting for cheaper prices made me crunch some numbers, mainly to talk myself out of cancelling my preorder.

With a $20 coupon and regular rewards (I count rewards with the initial purchase rather than when I redeem them), it comes out to $219 including shipping. If it goes on sale for double rewards and free shipping, the price comes out to $216. But if it goes for 10% off plus double rewards and free shipping, it falls to under $195.

So the only real savings comes if it goes on super sale, which looks pretty likely given HT releases from the past year or so. I think the last non-exclusive that sold out was the IM3 Workshop Tony Stark, and everything else has been in the latest round of super discounts. That said, I'm on the fence after the latest Facebook photos, so hopefully the in-hand pics during the next two weeks turn out phenomenal. (fingers also crossed)

It's always a gamble. A lot of figures tend to last a while and those bonus perks come into play and help out, but you never know when there might be a case, for example Bane, where they will sell out fast after release and then there's no opportunity to use those and you potentially end up paying more than retail in the aftermarket. Sometimes it's good to wait, sometimes not.

okay thanks I guess it's glitched or nobody is commenting on it because I haven't seen it in the New Posts section

the figure is great IMO and it looks like Sebastain Stan in every way, but I think I will pass for now. I just couldn't get into the character in the film. Even with him saving Cap, I just felt his development in the film was too slow. Besides I'm saving for too many HT coming up like the two pack Cap.

Last edited:
It's always a gamble. A lot of figures tend to last a while and those bonus perks come into play and help out, but you never know when there might be a case, for example Bane, where they will sell out fast after release and then there's no opportunity to use those and you potentially end up paying more than retail in the aftermarket. Sometimes it's good to wait, sometimes not.

:exactly: Hot toys could also see that they are overproducing these things and adjust production to match PO more closely. I remember everyone saying Coulson and Hawkeye would be around for awhile but HT did not make as many and they went pretty quick.

Just saw this on Facebook. Somebody was able to "style" the hair by heating it up and bending it. There are a couple other pics but this shows the before and after. Definitely going to do this as I think it makes a pretty big difference to his appearance. Gives off the impression of motion, IMO.

All this talk of waiting for cheaper prices made me crunch some numbers, mainly to talk myself out of cancelling my preorder.

With a $20 coupon and regular rewards (I count rewards with the initial purchase rather than when I redeem them), it comes out to $219 including shipping. If it goes on sale for double rewards and free shipping, the price comes out to $216. But if it goes for 10% off plus double rewards and free shipping, it falls to under $195.

So the only real savings comes if it goes on super sale, which looks pretty likely given HT releases from the past year or so. I think the last non-exclusive that sold out was the IM3 Workshop Tony Stark, and everything else has been in the latest round of super discounts. That said, I'm on the fence after the latest Facebook photos, so hopefully the in-hand pics during the next two weeks turn out phenomenal. (fingers also crossed)

The only thing wrong with this math is that when they did the 10% off plus double rewards, I thought people were still able to use the monthly $20 off code. Isn't that right?

:exactly: Hot toys could also see that they are overproducing these things and adjust production to match PO more closely. I remember everyone saying Coulson and Hawkeye would be around for awhile but HT did not make as many and they went pretty quick.

Thanks for reminding me of that. The key assumption was that HT hasn't corrected for supply yet and that these would be shelf-warmers, but I also don't know how quickly they adjust their production runs. For what it's worth, Sideshow has a promotion up for the latest Black Widow figure (with one of the Chitauri), so I'm not convinced they've changed things with the Winter Soldier. Then again, it is shipping here pretty quickly after its Hong Kong release, so maybe there actually is a smaller supply for this figure. :gah:

The only thing wrong with this math is that when they did the 10% off plus double rewards, I thought people were still able to use the monthly $20 off code. Isn't that right?

I thought about that, but unless Sideshow changed its policy, coupons and free shipping aren't technically supposed to go together, so it's not certain to go through for everyone.

Keep in mind he's the only villain in the WS line, sort of like how Bane was the only villain released in the TDKR line, and that could get people to pick it up.

Wow, they must be having a hard time with those Chitauri figures, haha. Sure, you get 10% off but you're still spending more in the end, so it depends how bad you want that other figure to knock off $19 for Widow and 10% of however much he is. For me, I would just get what I would want in my collection because $$ and also space is a factor for me. I'm already needing to get an extra BESTA 3x1 for my collection, and there's no way I can expand any further than four shelves.

I really like this fig, awesome tailoring and detail on his uniform, and the masked sculpt looks good. Not a perfect figure, but I actually like the jointed arm. Won't feel nearly as fragile as light armor Thor's.

Just saw this on Facebook. Somebody was able to "style" the hair by heating it up and bending it. There are a couple other pics but this shows the before and after. Definitely going to do this as I think it makes a pretty big difference to his appearance. Gives off the impression of motion, IMO.

Wow thats really nice, I love it :drool I'm gonna try this as well

Last edited:
Back