1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the character and I almost bought this today but something's holding me back.

It looks excellent on first glance but then the more I look at it, the more I feel it's like an expensive action man.

The smudged eye make-up head looks really tanned?

The masked head looks fantastic.

The weapons look quite poor / plastic / easily breakable. Can't HT make diecast guns?

Will have to see how the arm would look chromed. But I have it on PO and will definitely be keeping it.

image.jpg

The figure along with m107 cq is just perfect. Will grab one for mine as well.

I really like the character and I almost bought this today but something's holding me back.

It looks excellent on first glance but then the more I look at it, the more I feel it's like an expensive action man.

The smudged eye make-up head looks really tanned?

The masked head looks fantastic.

The weapons look quite poor / plastic / easily breakable. Can't HT make diecast guns?

Agreed- looks MEH..nothing really off but just generic soldier figure with eye make up....

Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible F...

Apparently I don't have this on PO :lol

I'm not in a rush to get this, I'll probably snatch it when it's on sale or double rewards.

It's an underwhelming figure and the thicker torso compared to the actual actor bothers me so I'm not in a rush

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible F...

Apparently I don't have this on PO :lol

I'm not in a rush to get this, I'll probably snatch it when it's on sale or double rewards.

It's an underwhelming figure and the thicker torso compared to the actual actor bothers me so I'm not in a rush

yeah he's in no way fat.... but he's pretty cut, as Darcy would say :lol

Yeah and is there any other weapons he uses that is missing........ also did anyone ever look into getting a jacket for this guy, like the one he wears when trying to kill fury.....

I learned my lesson from Zod, I like this character but I think this will be cheaper next year with free shipping and double rewards. Will probably pick this up down the road.

Okay then....since "in hand" pics have been showing up lately, we went from the OMG and Jingobell galleries (looking really good)....

...to this. What is this shiny, bronzed up look here?

I'm keeping the order....but I'm hoping that it's the standard pattern of the figure looking so great once it's in front of me that the pics just didn't do it justice. (fingers crossed)

Ohter than the outfit and gear looking a little well-distressed (in a good way) and the hair fairing better than earlier shots, those Woo facebook pics aren't doing the portrait any favors there....

All this talk of waiting for cheaper prices made me crunch some numbers, mainly to talk myself out of cancelling my preorder.

With a $20 coupon and regular rewards (I count rewards with the initial purchase rather than when I redeem them), it comes out to $219 including shipping. If it goes on sale for double rewards and free shipping, the price comes out to $216. But if it goes for 10% off plus double rewards and free shipping, it falls to under $195.

So the only real savings comes if it goes on super sale, which looks pretty likely given HT releases from the past year or so. I think the last non-exclusive that sold out was the IM3 Workshop Tony Stark, and everything else has been in the latest round of super discounts. That said, I'm on the fence after the latest Facebook photos, so hopefully the in-hand pics during the next two weeks turn out phenomenal. (fingers also crossed)

Back