1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every shot you posted further proves how deserving his third act look is of its own 1/6 figure.

Hopefully HT agrees.
This is the only reason why I still haven't ordered the original Kylo. HT is already starting on Rogue One figures and there's still blatant gaps in the TFA line, like unmasked Kylo, Poe Dameron, General Hux etc... Not that I'm complaining though, Rogue One looks sweet.

This is the only reason why I still haven't ordered the original Kylo. HT is already starting on Rogue One figures and there's still blatant gaps in the TFA line, like unmasked Kylo, Poe Dameron, General Hux etc... Not that I'm complaining though, Rogue One looks sweet.

Perhaps Poe, yes, but I wouldn't call not having an unmasked Kylo Ren figure a blatant gap in TFA line. It might not be the look you want personally, but there is a 1/6 Kylo Ren figure from TFA based on how he looked for roughly 3/4 of the film, so the character wasn't neglected.

Not having Drax with a GotG line for instance would be considered a blatant gap.

Perhaps Poe, yes, but I wouldn't call not having an unmasked Kylo Ren figure a blatant gap in TFA line. It might not be the look you want personally, but there is a 1/6 Kylo Ren figure from TFA based on how he looked for roughly 3/4 of the film, so the character wasn't neglected.

Not having Drax with a GotG line for instance would be considered a blatant gap.
Yeah that's true. It's not like they didn't make a Kylo figure at all. But Kylo's biggest scenes, and arguably the most crucial scenes of the movie, were with the mask off. I loved the lightsaber fight at the end, and that's the scene I want represented on my shelf. Especially because HT does such incredible face sculpts.

He actually drops the mask exactly halfway through the film.

Kylo's biggest scenes, and arguably the most crucial scenes of the movie, were with the mask off. I loved the lightsaber fight at the end, and that's the scene I want represented on my shelf. Especially because HT does such incredible face sculpts.

Agreed 100%.

The reveal of Adam Driver is when the character really takes shape and that's most definitely what Abrams intended.

He actually drops the mask exactly halfway through the film.

Agreed 100%.

The reveal of Adam Driver is when the character really takes shape and that's most definitely what Abrams intended.

I did say roughly (give or take) right? :lol

For me personally though, I think Kylo was at his best, seemed the strongest and looked the most intimidating during the scenes when he had the mask on/was in full garb, so that's why this figure is more than suitable for me. The scenes with his mask off seemed to be the scenes where he was vulnerable and conflicted, thus delving into the psyche of the character and the character indeed taking shape to set the stage for the subsequent films, but I generally want the look of a character when it was at its strongest form in a particular or the way it looked for most of the film.

They don't. They've opted for the 1/4 instead.

I don't follow why you think them doing an unmasked 1/4 is their way of saying "we won't do an unmasked 1/6". I don't think the quarter scale line has any bearing on the sixth scale line.

I did say roughly (give or take) right? :lol

For me personally though, I think Kylo was at his best, seemed the strongest and looked the most intimidating during the scenes when he had the mask on/was in full garb, so that's why this figure is more than suitable for me. The scenes with his mask off seemed to be the scenes where he was vulnerable and conflicted, thus delving into the psyche of the character and the character indeed taking shape to set the stage for the subsequent films, but I generally want the look of a character when it was at its strongest form in a particular or the way it looked for most of the film.
Yeah definitely. I agree with you completely. Which is why the character is so interesting. It's almost like he's acting tougher than he actually is when he's under the mask. The scene where he's talking to Snoke about Rey maskless and Hux walks in, Kylo turns away quick and faces down like he doesn't want Hux to see him without his mask on. So there's an excuse to get both figures hahah (if they make the 2.0).

Kylo really quickly became one of my favorite Star Wars characters. To me he's a more compelling villain than Maul, Dooku, and Grievous. And I'm a prequel lover.

Yeah definitely. I agree with you completely. Which is why the character is so interesting. It's almost like he's acting tougher than he actually is when he's under the mask. The scene where he's talking to Snoke about Rey maskless and Hux walks in, Kylo turns away quick and faces down like he doesn't want Hux to see him without his mask on. So there's an excuse to get both figures hahah (if they make the 2.0).

Kylo really quickly became one of my favorite Star Wars characters. To me he's a more compelling villain than Maul, Dooku, and Grievous. And I'm a prequel lover.

Yeah, he's a fantastic character. People that deemed him "whiny" or "emo" just didn't get the character at all. He's wonderfully conflicted in being naturally pulled to the Light yet having a fixation for the Dark.

I don't deem him a villain though. I believe like Rey he is a Grey and will eventually reteam with Luke to defeat the real villain.

Kylo is the analogy of the kid serial murderer we see these days.....h

He cannot be redeemed.

Yeah, he's a fantastic character. People that deemed him "whiny" or "emo" just didn't get the character at all. He's wonderfully conflicted in being naturally pulled to the Light yet having a fixation for the Dark.

I don't deem him a villain though. I believe like Rey he is a Grey and will eventually reteam with Luke to defeat the real villain.

:exactly:

Well said.

I don't follow why you think them doing an unmasked 1/4 is their way of saying "we won't do an unmasked 1/6". I don't think the quarter scale line has any bearing on the sixth scale line.

Because a majority of the collectors here favour 1/6. It's less expensive and takes up less space.

However, also a majority of people really want that look and will still buy the 1/4 if it's the only official HT version put out.

If HT put out a new 1/6 with all of the features of the 1/4 before the 1/4 has released it would damage it's sales and, seeing as it is not out until late next year, (very close to ep 8), it is highly unlikely one will be done and HT will just move onto ep 8.

That's why.

Who knows however though as HT are devoid of logic a large amount of the time.

HT won't make another Kylo till Ep VIII and then we'll get the unmasked HS and such...

Kylo Ren killed Lor San Tekka and Han Solo.

Darth Vader killed hundreds of people.

You were saying?

Those are the only two that were directly shown, yes. Didn't he slaughter all the students in Luke's academy though? He also had that entire village on Jakku slaughtered; perhaps not directly by his hand, but he gave the order. We also don't know what his other exploits were with the Knights of Ren prior to the events of TFA. Perhaps there were other casualties that haven't been mentioned yet.

Because a majority of the collectors here favour 1/6. It's less expensive and takes up less space.

However, also a majority of people really want that look and will still buy the 1/4 if it's the only official HT version put out.

If HT put out a new 1/6 with all of the features of the 1/4 before the 1/4 has released it would damage it's sales and, seeing as it is not out until late next year, (very close to ep 8), it is highly unlikely one will be done and HT will just move onto ep 8.

That's why.

Who knows however though as HT are devoid of logic a large amount of the time.

Sound logic.

Those are the only two that were directly shown, yes. Didn't he slaughter all the students in Luke's academy though? He also had that entire village on Jakku slaughtered; perhaps not directly by his hand, but he gave the order. We also don't know what his other exploits were with the Knights of Ren prior to the events of TFA. Perhaps there were other casualties that haven't been mentioned yet.

Anakin killed a room full of children who were seeking protection from him. I don't care what else Kylo does. If Anakin can be redeemed from that then Kylo can come back too.

Back