1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when the Jedi said "The Prophecy speaks of the one who will bring balance to The Force" they were indeed reading into it wrong. It wasn't just about destroying The Sith. The Chosen One had to destroy The Jedi too. To bring forth a new Order and approach to The Force. A "grey" approach.

I think Anakin was the first grey Jedi, sent by The Force to bring about the new Order. He fulfilled part of his mission as Vader in destroying the oppressive nature of both the Jedi and the Sith. Now as Rey, The Chosen One can fulfill the resolution The Whills wrote about.

mkwsgo.jpg

(^that's the first page of the TFA novelization)

Yes and it may end up being both Rey AND Kylo fighting the FO in the end. I do think he will redeem himself or possibly even bring her back from the brink of the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and it may end up being both Rey AND Kylo fighting the FO in the end. I do think he will redeem himself or possibly even bring her back from the brink of the dark.

Totally see that happening. Those two are bound to team up and hook up.

I think Kylo is also a grey.

Yeah, meant to imply that! They didn't set up his "call to the light" for nothing.

Exactly.

Kylo whilst a Dark-Sider, is naturally drawn to the Light.

Rey/Anakin whilst born of The Light, is naturally drawn to the Dark Side.

Grey Jedi that will reinvent the Jedi Way.

Hi guys.
Just got the figure and I really like it.
But the back of his tunic is heavily wrinkled out of the box.

Any tip how to straighten it without damaging the rubber like printed structure?
The underlying nylon tunic is wrinkled too but should be easily straightened with drying water...

Thanks for the help. :)

Exactly.

Kylo whilst a Dark-Sider, is naturally drawn to the Light.

Rey/Anakin whilst born of The Light, is naturally drawn to the Dark Side.

Grey Jedi that will reinvent the Jedi Way.

Wasn't Ben Solo born in the light, but drawn to the dark? Now while in the dark, is drawn back to the light? Same as Anakin.

Wasn't Ben Solo born in the light, but drawn to the dark? Now while in the dark, is drawn back to the light? Same as Anakin.

Yep.

Again, they're Greys. What The Whills prophesied would resolve the seemingly unresolvable conflict between good and evil.

Not sure I follow the Anakin theory logic.

How could we not understand that force sensitive people can see the past? Yoda tells Luke on dagobah "Through the force you will see other places. The future, the past, old friends long gone." So it has already been alluded to that Jedi can have visions in both directions which in Rey's case are triggered by touching the Lightsaber of two amazingly strong Jedi who also happened to be father and son.

So much power and pain have transferred into and transpired with Jedi holding that saber. Let's not forget Obi Wan kept it for 20 plus years to pass down to Luke so you can bet his pain of failing Anakin and losing Qui Gon are attached to that saber as well.

The fact that Rey is "sensitive" is the whole reason she feels everything the force has done with that saber. All the history and death it has seen. I say that not to seem like the saber itself has awoken but it's the force that has awoken inside Rey and it was the saber that triggered it.

How could we not understand that force sensitive people can see the past? Yoda tells Luke on dagobah "Through the force you will see other places. The future, the past, old friends long gone." So it has already been alluded to that Jedi can have visions in both directions which in Rey's case are triggered by touching the Lightsaber of two amazingly strong Jedi who also happened to be father and son.

So much power and pain have transferred into and transpired with Jedi holding that saber. Let's not forget Obi Wan kept it for 20 plus years to pass down to Luke so you can bet his pain of failing Anakin and losing Qui Gon are attached to that saber as well.

The fact that Rey is "sensitive" is the whole reason she feels everything the force has done with that saber. All the history and death it has seen. I say that not to seem like the saber itself has awoken but it's the force that has awoken inside Rey and it was the saber that triggered it.

It's exactly this.

The Anakin theory is the same kind of convoluted, grasping at straws, garbage that made the prequels terrible.

When Luke first interacts with the lightsaber in ANH nothing happens. To access Force abilities, Luke had to partially train under Obi-Wan (and his journals which he finds after ANH in the canon comics) and fully under Yoda. He sees a vision of the future in ESB as his power increases via training (3 years into his tutelage under Obi-Wan & Yoda).

Rey on the other hand had an immediate reaction to the lightsaber. It instantly showed her past (her as a child), present (Kylo facing her in the snow) and future (the Knights of Ren). It also let her see a memory that didn't belong to her - from Vader's perspective (on Bespin). A key moment in Vader's life as it was his first step in returning to the Light by showing compassion for Luke ("Don't make me destroy you.")

I think Maz's line is perfect. The lightsaber was calling to Rey because it belonged to her (Anakin).

The stuff later with her hearing "Kill Him" in her head during that moment of rage as Kylo lays injured in the snow, unlocked another key memory for Anakin - of when he first succumbed to the Dark Side by executing the injured Dooku at Palpatine's behest.

People online criticize TFA to death because they feel Rey's powers in the third act were absurd. I always tell those people - Anakin woke up when he found his lightsaber.

It explains Rey's impossible Jedi abilities, her borrowed memories and gives meaning to her time on Jakku (a period of penance for Anakin's atrocities as Vader).

Back