1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anakin killed a room full of children who were seeking protection from him. I don't care what else Kylo does. If Anakin can be redeemed from that then Kylo can come back too.

Oh no, I wasn't trying to make a case that he won't be redeemed, I fully anticipate that's what will happen. I was just merely stating that I do believe he's killed a lot more people than just LST and Han Solo as was apparently said.

Oh no, I wasn't trying to make a case that he won't be redeemed, I fully anticipate that's what will happen. I was just merely stating that I do believe he's killed a lot more people than just LST and Han Solo as was apparently said.

Oh ok. I can see that now. I hax teh dum feels.

Personally, I think its another screw up by Lucas to have implied Vader killed the young-lings. Before all that, we saw Vader redeemed in ROTJ, and it was plausible that , a soldier for the Dark Side could be redeemed.

I do not think you can redeem a mass child murderer.......A soldier on one side of the battle killing his well trained opponents, yes. A school full of 5 year olds , no.

Good thing I ignore PT totally. Lest it ruin the redemption of Anakin in the OT.

Seriously hard to redeem people are certain acts.

Its like redeeming these guys....

Albert Fish
Albert_Fish_1903.JPG

Pennywise
maxresdefault.jpg

Personally, I think its another screw up by Lucas to have implied Vader killed the young-lings. Before all that, we saw Vader redeemed in ROTJ, and it was plausible that , a soldier for the Dark Side could be redeemed.

I do not think you can redeem a mass child murderer.......A soldier on one side of the battle killing his well trained opponents, yes. A school full of 5 year olds , no.

The reason Vader's redemption works, child murderer or not, is that he was never inherently evil. He was conflicted all throughout his 23 years as a Sith.

At the same time I don't think The Force let him off easy and I subscribe to the theory that Rey will end up being a reincarnated Anakin Skywalker - making her twenty years on Jakku as a scavenger a type of "purgatory" for Anakin, given that her time on Jakku basically consisted of all the things Anakin always hated (Separated as a child from his family, forced to slave for food and being surrounded by sand).

Palpatine on the other hand was truly evil nor would ever seek out the Light.

At the same time I don't think The Force let him off easy and I subscribe to the theory that Rey will end up being a reincarnated Anakin Skywalker - making her twenty years on Jakku as a scavenger a type of "purgatory" for Anakin, given that her time on Jakku basically consisted of all the things Anakin always hated (Separated as a child from his family, forced to slave for food and being surrounded by sand).

I hate you for making sense of that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing I ignore PT totally. Lest it ruin the redemption of Anakin in the OT.

Seriously hard to redeem people are certain acts.

I had no issue with Anakin being redeemed despite slaying the Jedi younglings. As was mentioned, he was never inherently evil and it's not impossible for him to one day realize that he screwed up, despite how egregious some of his actions were.

Even though I respect your opinion, I glean that it's spawned more out of emotion from the act of him slaying children and him not being deserving of redemption because of that, rather than him actually being capable of being redeemed or not.

I hate you for making sense of that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, before watching TFA I was on the "Rey is Luke's daughter" bandwagon. After seeing the film and reading the novelization that all changed.

The first big clue for me was the effect Anakin's saber had on Rey. How it showed her visions and came to her aid in the fight with Kylo. The saber had a supernatural connection to her.

Upon my second viewing, I paid more attention to her vision at Maz's. I was puzzled by the shot of her on Bespin. I kept asking my friends "What was the point of that?" I can understand someone that's Force-sensitive having visions of the future but not of the past, specially a past that doesn't belong to them. On my third viewing I noticed it wasn't random at all.

rj0eoj.jpg

Then I read the novelization.

1q2ttc.jpg

As I finished that paragraph, this immediately flashed in my head.

2dh5gk3.jpg

That's when it hit me. "THE FORCE AWAKENS". More like ANAKIN AWAKENS - inside Rey. 20 years in "Limbo" as punishment for 20 years of murder and rage come to an end the moment Rey finds the saber. Anakin's key memories and abilities at that point begin to slowly emerge (Palpatine, Bespin, Jedi Mind Control, Lightsaber training). He is awake now, inside her.

What intrigues me the most about the whole theory, is whether or not Luke knows that the girl handing him that saber is his Father.

good theory, I've always thought Kylo and Rey are cousins, I believe Kylo killed all of Luke's Jedi-in-training, but saves baby Rey (lukes child), because she's family. He couldn't kill her, so instead dropped her off on a planet in the outer rim where no one could possibly find her, or at least know who she is. (a planet where Han Solo didn't even to bother to look for the Falcon).
Would make perfect sense, as it explains how Ren knows about her and her "growing power". Not to mention you can clearly see Kylo's saber saving Rey from a Knight of Ren in her force vision.

I'll cast another "yuck" on that Anakin reincarnate theory.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

exactly. If you watch the movie the sabre obviously shows its connection to luke and then a future vision to Rey, narrated by obi wan. When Kylo is praying to Vaders helmet he asks him to show him the power of the darkside again, it seems pretty obvious that he too had visions upon touching Vaders helmet, like seeing Anakins journey ala Rey seeing Lukes. Which also makes me think they are somehow related as they both have an ability to view an objects history and possibly future

Honestly, before watching TFA I was on the "Rey is Luke's daughter" bandwagon. After seeing the film and reading the novelization that all changed.

The first big clue for me was the effect Anakin's saber had on Rey. How it showed her visions and came to her aid in the fight with Kylo. The saber had a supernatural connection to her.

Upon my second viewing, I paid more attention to her vision at Maz's. I was puzzled by the shot of her on Bespin. I kept asking my friends "What was the point of that?" I can understand someone that's Force-sensitive having visions of the future but not of the past, specially a past that doesn't belong to them. On my third viewing I noticed it wasn't random at all,

Then I read the novelization.

As I finished that paragraph, this immediately flashed in my head.

That's when it hit me. "THE FORCE AWAKENS". More like ANAKIN AWAKENS - inside Rey. 20 years in "Limbo" as punishment for 20 years of murder and rage come to an end the moment Rey finds the saber. Anakin's key memories and abilities at that point begin to slowly emerge (Palpatine, Bespin, Jedi Mind Control, Lightsaber training). He is awake now, inside her.

What intrigues me the most about the whole theory, is whether or not Luke knows that the girl handing him that saber is his Father.

I don't buy the "Anakin reincarnated" theory, but I do subscribe to the "Force reincarnated in the form a person" (again) idea. Although Anakin's memories being part of the saber makes sense.

I do not think Rey will be related to Luke, Kylo or any of the main players. The lack of last name is a red herring.

That may be one of the dumbest theories I have ever heard. Impressive feat.

I don't buy the "Anakin reincarnated" theory, but I do subscribe to the "Force reincarnated in the form a person" (again) idea. Although Anakin's memories being part of the saber makes sense.

I think when the Jedi said "The Prophecy speaks of the one who will bring balance to The Force" they were indeed reading into it wrong. It wasn't just about destroying The Sith. The Chosen One had to destroy The Jedi too. To bring forth a new Order and approach to The Force. A "grey" approach.

I think Anakin was the first grey Jedi, sent by The Force to bring about the new Order. He fulfilled part of his mission as Vader in destroying the oppressive nature of both the Jedi and the Sith. Now as Rey, The Chosen One can fulfill the resolution The Whills wrote about.

69dt03.png

(^that's the first page of the TFA novelization)

Back