Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is HT may not go after the older Batman films because they may not get a sense of the collector desire for figures and such from those films. The rarity of pieces from them leaves little market information to suggests it could do well. I actually wonder what direction even the Aliens and Predator stuff would have taken if their initial pieces based on AVP hadn't succeeded so well, they made their figures figures based on a movie that was out and on people's minds. They may figure everyone's all about Nolan's Batman world, not Burton's. I think the only way we'll even have a chance at HT doing stuff from the previous Batman movies is if we see some Begins figures now that they're going beyond Batman himself with TDK. If they go back an do a Ra's and such, then we might have a chance, if not, I'd say they're probably just moving forward.

One thing to also keep in mind is that Fox is allowing HT to be backward compatible. WB has been notorious for wanting to stay in the here and now. Look at the Smallville issue with a possible Bruce Wayne appearance. They would banned from doing anything with the character because Batman Begins was premiering and didn't want anyone else messing with what Nolan was doing....they are very one-track minded so I would imagine that until this Batman franchise is done, I wouldn't count on any others....except maybe Adam West....he is so far removed it seem nostalgic.....I don't see HT chasing that license though.

What about star wars and indiana jones figures?

What kind of deal does medicom/sideshow have? Is it going to run out eventually where we'll be able to see some hot toys versions?

What about star wars and indiana jones figures?

What kind of deal does medicom/sideshow have? Is it going to run out eventually where we'll be able to see some hot toys versions?

Indy and Star Wars are LFL properties, both of which have their 1/6 license held by Hasbro who made a deal with Sideshow to use them as the producer of 1/6 figures in those properties. Medicom, I don't believe, has to go through Hasbro and just deals with LFL for the Star Wars and Indy rights and may have exclusivity on 1/6 figures overseas for LFL properties.

Bingo. MediCom has the 1/6 license for overseas production and Hasbro has it for the domestics. HT would have to wait for the MediCom license to expire to buy them out per se in order to do it as they wanted. The Sideshow license is leased via Hasbro for domestic production.

Mattel said at NYCC that their license covers ALL of the Live action Batman films except the Adam West show. I don't know if Hot Toys is the same, but the license is indeed out there.

If the Movie Masters line does well for Mattel, they have considered doing the older films after the Batman Begins/ Dark Knight stuff.

no one knows when the medicom license expires?

Hopefully it has... Medicom's figure quality have been outdone... They need to develope a new body, made from better quality plastic and true to scale...

Until I've heard they they have done that... I might start looking out for their stuff again. There sculpting needs to get better too! :gun

I actually never like the tumbler. When I first saw it, I thought it was a total disgrace to the Batman universe. I mean Batman driving a tank... it almost looks like a miniaturized version of the Shagohod (for those who've played MGS3).
Yet I think I'll get it just for the total awesomeness of owning a 1/6 vehicle. I actually never thought we would see that. Especially something as big as the Tumbler.

The guys working for HT are amazing because they think just like us. Respect!

It's not tank size at all, it's much closer to the size of a car:
DSC00822-1.jpg

But I can understand your dislike for it. For me however it's my favorite Batmobile ever. I even like it more then the '89 Batmobile which I was lucky enough to see a couple of times in person. That one is much smaller then you might think.

It's not tank size at all, it's much closer to the size of a car:
DSC00822-1.jpg

But I can understand your dislike for it. For me however it's my favorite Batmobile ever. I even like it more then the '89 Batmobile which I was lucky enough to see a couple of times in person. That one is much smaller then you might think.

I find this picture kinda funny. EVERYONE in it is looking at the Batmobile, even though there is a Hooters right across the street :lol

:lol

Yeah, I took that shot about 11am. :D

Check out the sign. Hooters for DAD! :lol

The streets could have been lined with naked Playmates and the Guys would still have been spellbound by that Tumbler. Oh, they would have checked out the girls, but when that Tumbler engine literally roared as it backed into the Theatre well...

"There is NO substitute". :cool:

It was a true Hollywood moment.

One thing to also keep in mind is that Fox is allowing HT to be backward compatible. WB has been notorious for wanting to stay in the here and now.

I thought I read somewhere that both costumes would be utillized in the Dark Knight, so I don't think the backward compatable rules have been relaxed. As for HT getting the other movies, god I hope not. My bank account cannot handle it. Between Dark Knight and the eventual Iron Man onslaught, I am going to be bankrupt.

:lol

Yeah, I took that shot about 11am. :D

Check out the sign. Hooters for DAD! :lol

The streets could have been lined with naked Playmates and the Guys would still have been spellbound by that Tumbler. Oh, they would have checked out the girls, but when that Tumbler engine literally roared as it backed into the Theatre well...

"There is NO substitute". :cool:

It was a true Hollywood moment.

Great Pictures Pjam, thanks for posting them! Hope you didn't mind me using it to make a point.
There's a Hooters in every town, but only a few Tumbler Batmobiles in existence!

cool, gonna make the payment to abc-express soon. I almost have enough.. short $10, sister gonna spot me.

Joker and Batman are mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back