Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think the Tumbler will come with a Batman figure, like they did with the PL?

No. I actually don't. I think they won't to keep the price down but I think that the Batpod will definitely come with one.

How could you forget Rachael was in the Tumbler with Batman?

Its been awhile. :lol BB isn't a movie that I watch repeatedly. I was basically going off of the TDK trailer where he "slides" down into the cockpit of it.

Hell, techically you could even fit 3 people in the front seat, Bats, Rachael and the room between them that his seat slides into. I'm sure if Batman was a hillbilly he could even pull off 4 in the front seat. :D

Hell, techically you could even fit 3 people in the front seat, Bats, Rachael and the room between them that his seat slides into. I'm sure if Batman was a hillbilly he could even pull off 4 in the front seat. :D

:lol Not likely. This Batman is a Princeton Grad.

Is that William Fichtner? AKA the banker in TDK?

Is that William Fichtner? AKA the banker in TDK?

It would apear so. Its not an offical product (to my knowledge) and is one of those that "looks" like a celebrity. But a William Fitchtner would be a good seller between the Dark Knight and Prison Break.

20080524_ed1e80456989ef18aaeeRLhT4X2vopad.jpg

I was thinking about this image, and I'm not sure if maybe the Tumbler will not be in true 1/6 scale. If that shot of Batman next to it is real and not Batman photoshopped in, it seems too small for even Batman to fit inside, let alone 2 passengers. If Batman can fit inside, I could see a Batman coming with it simply because I don't imagine the suit on the base figure allows for sitting, so it'd take a specially made figure. My guess is Batpod is true 1/6 scale that Batman can be put on, and Tumbler is a close to 1/6 piece that makes great for display next to Batman but isn't functional in terms of putting figures inside.

I'm sure Batman will fit inside the Tumbler. HT think of us and themselves as big kids. I don't think they would make a 1/6 vehicle unless you can put a figure in it.

I'm sure Batman will fit inside the Tumbler. HT think of us and themselves as big kids. I don't think they would make a 1/6 vehicle unless you can put a figure in it.

I'm with you there, but the size of the Tumbler and design of Batman's costume could force the Tumbler to just have to be a nice looking piece without the "play" type functionality in it. HT also knows it has a strong following in the U.S., even though there's no big U.S. source for TDK goods, and the shipping costs will be quite hefty on a full 1/6 Tumbler, and like I said, it might take a special Batman figure to go inside too, so now that raises the cost because it's not just throw a previously made figure in too. Time will tell though.

I think it'd be safe to say, Tumbler and Batpod will be 2 of the 3 announcements in June.

Even though the tumbler would look amazing as a display only, not having the possibility to make batman fit into it definitely reduces my interest in it...

HT, please get the 1989 Batman licence and give us the ULTIMATE Batmobile :cool:

HT, please get the 1989 Batman licence and give us the ULTIMATE Batmobile :cool:

I'd get that for sure, even if a figure couldn't go in, it's one of my favorite vehicle designs ever.

As cool as the Tumbler would be to have, unless some miracle prices it around $250, and even then maybe, I won't be getting it, that's just too much money for an item that'll be hard to find a place for and would probably become boring to own after some point. I think the PL looks cooler in the longterm, especially if they ever make a Queen. Even the Batpod will be a matter of price.

I actually never like the tumbler. When I first saw it, I thought it was a total disgrace to the Batman universe. I mean Batman driving a tank... it almost looks like a miniaturized version of the Shagohod (for those who've played MGS3).
Yet I think I'll get it just for the total awesomeness of owning a 1/6 vehicle. I actually never thought we would see that. Especially something as big as the Tumbler.

The guys working for HT are amazing because they think just like us. Respect!

Price is not relevant in this matter. :naughty I’m going for both of the vehicle for sure.
…I just need a bigger display for my Bat stuff. :rolleyes:

…and I love to have a 1/6 89 Batmobile to go with my Keaton Batman (whenever that shows up). :joy

:D

yes I've been praying for hot toys to acquire the old batman movie licenses.

How would that work? Could they just make an offer to WB?

yes I've been praying for hot toys to acquire the old batman movie licenses.

How would that work? Could they just make an offer to WB?

I still can't see why this line would be hard to aquire, unless there may be an issue with likeness rights or something. You're probably right though, all Batman movies are WB property so why not? Maybe we all need to e-mail Hot Toys demanding this line to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back