Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin says DX09 faceplates can work, yes it looks more like Keaton but that gap in the cowl is too much.

3A89193F-D199-4775-8A4A-1AB14CD4F95B.jpeg

8E2B1CE3-5CA8-42E4-B4EB-F0D60B6806AE.jpeg

69F3B674-9DF9-460B-8E00-859ACDD43DC1.jpeg

They don’t look bad. That picture you posted is way more accurate than the stock mouthplate - the gaps on the side sell the big bulky rubber cowl look.

If anyone is selling the regular mouth plate from the DX09 (sans the cowl) please PM me! I was able to order the other two but can’t find that one without the head.

Justin says DX09 faceplates can work, yes it looks more like Keaton but that gap in the cowl is too much.

Someone just sculpt proper ones so we don’t have to do dumb **** like that. I don’t want the sculpt falling apart on a brand new figure because of loose incompatible parts.

View attachment 719758
Yeah that honestly looks like the shadows the cowl made from the lighting in the film. Playing with some lights could achieve a great look in photos with that. Glad i didn't sell my DX09!

It’s so unreal to read that we have to reuse 12 years old face plates to get a minimum of likeness… I’ll probably do the same… So crazy…
A little bit of blue tack could probably fill the gap.

Last edited:
Almost certain the proto still had the DX09 suit under the new mask.
View attachment 719811
View attachment 719812
Don’t understand why they changed it…
Yeah, I mean if they were going to keep it as a onesie rubber suit anyway it would have been better to reissue the very same DX09 suit. Granted we can only say that in hindsight after seeing what they did do with this flat-chested, overly textured 2.0

Someone just sculpt proper ones so we don’t have to do dumb **** like that. I don’t want the sculpt falling apart on a brand new figure because of loose incompatible parts.

View attachment 719758

link to vid?

It’s not 89 but 92 cowl…
I understand that, but shadows on 1989 is different than an actual gap that big. Sorry but there’s hardly a difference between the two regarding gap. It’s thicker material yes, but it’s not like his chin is floating around in it. I just have higher standards than using incompatible parts.

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3537.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg

The belt changed color between films but not yellow. The bat symbol was the only bit of yellow.

IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

Returns

IMG_3567.jpeg

I've only ever noticed the gold after the wing crash.

It looks kind of gold in your pics, but I think its the lighting. When I say "gold", I mean gold, not mustard yellow. Check the film when he says 'grab that thing on my belt', it isn't a gold belt. And then look at the cathedral -- its like shiny gold.

Here's some picks right after the museum (don't be fooled by the shadowy lighting)...

MV5BOTI4NDNmMzAtM2ZhYy00ZDk1LWI0OGItZWU0NWJjMmRjZmE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg

batman yellow belt (1).jpg
batman yellow belt (2).jpg
batman yellow belt (3).jpg
batman yellow belt (4).jpg
batman yellow belt (5).jpg
batman yellow belt (6).jpg

Back