Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keaton Bats just requires a drape cape imo.

No way around it.

I can only hope the Returns 2.0 comes with an optional drape cape, the same way they did with Batfleck 2.0. It’ll be dumb not to do it this time around. But knowing HT, they take joy of doing things a** backwards.

I can only hope the Returns 2.0 comes with an optional drape cape, the same way they did with Batfleck 2.0. It’ll be dumb not to do it this time around. But knowing HT, they take joy of doing this a** backwards.
Doesn't the new 2.0 come with a drape cape? It's not great but I've seen folks make the best of it. To a degree...

HT are **** at capes tho.

I honestly should’ve just got the regular version. I’m not using the wired, probably won’t use the rotating head and the base is more subtle.
Are we sure you don't get both wired AND drape with the deluxe? I feel like the drape comes either way and the wired is the extra.

I may very well be wrong, idk.

Also, rotating head? You're thinking of Batfleck 2.0.

Are we sure you don't get both wired AND drape with the deluxe? I feel like the drape comes either way and the wired is the extra.

I may very well be wrong, idk.

Also, rotating head? You're thinking of Batfleck 2.0.

Yea my bad, I should’ve elaborated. The deluxe comes with both, wired being the extra.

Yeah, I don't think there's any method to the madness. I suspect Jaxon is on it with a batch in anticipation for the 2.0. But that was my assumption when I ordered it during the announcement of the 2.0...🤷
From what OSK has told me, even if you were able to order it, if it said "out of stock" on the order page when you did, that means Jaxon had to make more; so, the wait time can vary at that point. If it says "in stock" at the time of placing the order, then it's usually ready to ship fairly quickly.

From what OSK has told me, even if you were able to order it, if it said "out of stock" on the order page when you did, that means Jaxon had to make more; so, the wait time can vary at that point. If it says "in stock" at the time of placing the order, then it's usually ready to ship fairly quickly.
Right. I don't think I've ever seen that cape be 'In Stock' or 'sold out" tho. Always a preorder.

I've read others comments on here about it being in stock tho. I can't imagine he's making these one at a time, made to order?

Gotta be a few or so in batches, right?

Yeah I happened to luck out with Kit and got it maybe a month after PO on his site, been sitting packaged since October.

Right. I don't think I've ever seen that cape be 'In Stock' or 'sold out" tho. Always a preorder.

I've read others comments on here about it being in stock tho. I can't imagine he's making these one at a time, made to order?

Gotta be a few or so in batches, right?
Most likely batches for that cape and OSK just fulfills them in the order they were received. But, I wouldn't put too much stock in the "pre order" tag in the description. Probably too much work for OSK to regularly go back and forth to change the product page to say "in stock" and "out of stock." I'm pretty sure if he were to change it to "out of stock," he'd probably get dozens of emails for ppl begging to put it back up for PO. Easier to keep it as an Open PO.

The only reason I found out about the way the orders for Jaxon's capes work is b/c I was interested in a Superman PF cape that was orderable but stated "out of stock" on the product page. So, I inquired about it to OSK and he gave me the explanation I previously mentioned above.

I took a picture of Unreal's sculpt and overlayed it with a promotional screenshot from the movie. I then modified Unreal's sculpt to align with the screen grab for the most part (without getting too ridiculous with micro tweaks). What you get is pretty close to pixel accurate alignment with the movie screenshot.

The main changes are:
-adding thickness to the rubber around the exposed chin and making the exposed area slightly wider
-Changing the shape around the bottom of the nose/upper part of the exposed mouth area
-lowered the entire top half of the cowl (eyes included)

I don't understand why he hasn't done these changes himself, especially the one about lowering the top half of the cowl lower. When putting it all into photoshop and lowering the opacity its clear as day what changes need to be made, and they aren't that extreme. He must have access to the same images I do. I know these digital sculpting programs allow you to import screen grabs so you can essentially "trace" over them to some extent. Maybe if we get more people telling him to use these references we can get a more accurate sculpt. These aren't huge changes but greatly help the likeness.

Here is a screen grab and an animated gif to comparing the changes.

bat3.jpg
batgif.gif

Attachments

• bat1.jpg
    bat1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1
  • bat2.jpg
    bat2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Most likely batches for that cape and OSK just fulfills them in the order they were received. But, I wouldn't put too much stock in the "pre order" tag in the description. Probably too much work for OSK to regularly go back and forth to change the product page to say "in stock" and "out of stock." I'm pretty sure if he were to change it to "out of stock," he'd probably get dozens of emails for ppl begging to put it back up for PO. Easier to keep it as an Open PO.

The only reason I found out about the way the orders for Jaxon's capes work is b/c I was interested in a Superman PF cape that was orderable but stated "out of stock" on the product page. So, I inquired about it to OSK and he gave me the explanation I previously mentioned above.
This makes more sense. Thanks for explaining. I always found the preorder/in stock/sold out thing to be such a weird thing with this cape and never understood if it was a Jaxon thing or a Kit thing. Cleared up some confusion there.

Neither look even remotely close to accurate in my eyes but I'm sure it's because of it being a digital render. My brain doesn't see these things correctly or something, idk.

I took a picture of Unreal's sculpt and overlayed it with a promotional screenshot from the movie. I then modified Unreal's sculpt to align with the screen grab for the most part (without getting too ridiculous with micro tweaks). What you get is pretty close to pixel accurate alignment with the movie screenshot.

The main changes are:
-adding thickness to the rubber around the exposed chin and making the exposed area slightly wider
-Changing the shape around the bottom of the nose/upper part of the exposed mouth area
-lowered the entire top half of the cowl (eyes included)

I don't understand why he hasn't done these changes himself, especially the one about lowering the top half of the cowl lower. When putting it all into photoshop and lowering the opacity its clear as day what changes need to be made, and they aren't that extreme. He must have access to the same images I do. I know these digital sculpting programs allow you to import screen grabs so you can essentially "trace" over them to some extent. Maybe if we get more people telling him to use these references we can get a more accurate sculpt. These aren't huge changes but greatly help the likeness.

Here is a screen grab and an animated gif to comparing the changes.

View attachment 721179View attachment 721182
copy and pasted that one over too
2024-08-19 22_16_11-Window.png

Back