Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd just about ignore any issues a 89 Batman figure has barring the likeness in the mouth plates.

He's not a version of Batman I'd ever have posed dynamically, even if it had the correctly made outfit. He's just gonna stand there, arms to his side with a drape cape coving the majority of his body.

So the body isn't terribly important to me. Hell, the inaccurate texture of the new one, while unfortunate, doesn't bother me to much.

This is why I am not interested in these absurdly priced custom cowls. I don't need a new cowl. I need a new mouth plate.
Exactly how I feel with custom cowl. I don’t need the WHOLE thing, just face plates. These 2.0 plates don’t use magnets, they each just have large plug in the back.

You’d think someone like Jaxon or ot would offer faceplates along side the full release of this, why wait until everyone has canceled. Those damn ‘22 Batman collars went up fast..

You’d think someone like Jaxon or ot would offer faceplates along side the full release of this, why wait until everyone has canceled. Those damn ‘22 Batman collars went up fast..
For every person that canceled, there's a person on the waitlist that's ready to take it.

For every person that canceled, there's a person on the waitlist that's ready to take it.
Well yes, but a lot of people are unhappy with it, lots of flaws to look past at $400 to your door from Sideshow.

I just hope to source together a quality Keaton at the end of this. I actually do really like the cowl as I’ve said and the eyes look good they’re just too wide open.

Well yes, but a lot of people are unhappy with it, lots of flaws to look past at $400 to your door from Sideshow.

I just hope to source together a quality Keaton at the end of this. I actually do really like the cowl as I’ve said and the eyes look good they’re just too wide open.
Agree with all of this. Absolutely.

I mean, they can't realistically have new mouthplates ready to go when the figure drops since it's not like they would get them before it's been officially released anyway. It's not like a video game or movie release where they can get early copies before everyone else (or like InArt's influencer batches for that matter). They'd still need time to receive it, then scan the new headsculpt and do fit tests with it. All of that takes time.

Last edited:
What does the adapter in the head look like? If it's for a ball joint, can one just bore it out a bit deeper to allow the head to sit lower? Or is another part of the cowl preventing the whole thing from sitting flush against the shoulders? Regardless, one would think that a fix can be found with a bit of investigation.

The cowl piece actually does already sit flush without the cape, so maybe it's an issue with the 3rd party capes or they didn't push it down all the way.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 vs dx09 body Untitled.png

Tony Mei cape
hot toys batman 1989 2.0 tony mei drape cape Untitled-2.jpg

Jaxon cape
hot toys batman 1989 dx09 vs 2.0 453720459_10161440471044743_825820344120115781_n.jpg

stock cape
hot toys batman 1989 2.0 cape vlcsnap-2024-08-07-19h27m36s000.jpg

Tony Mei cape has always been 'meh'. We all loved it at the time but, yeah. Jaxon took over that market and even his isn't perfect but with a minamal amount of futzing, can look extraordinary on the shelf.

I'd post a Pic but I'm certain we've all already seen the effect. To hear Tony Mei is jumping back into game is great news.

Unreal had a great cape too. However, when I say I'm extremely unmoved by their 89 cowl for $300+, that's an understatement.

I mean, they can't realistically have new mouthplates ready to go when the figure drops since it's not like they would get them before it's been officially released anyway. It's not like a video game or movie release where they can get early copies before everyone else (or like InArt's influencer batches for that matter). They'd still need time to receive it, then scan the new headsculpt and do fit tests with it. All of that takes time.
I meant grab one from Hong Kong once it releases and quickly begin. It released almost a month ago and nothing.

Also, even Jaxon or OT can come with just a full headsculpt, if it's more profitable for them I think. They have full cowl's with their Bale headsculpt's. Probably you will see that instead of mouth plates tbh.

...if they are interested...because there is a chance that they don't care at all for that 🤷

That’s why I’m unforgiving on the inaccuracies, if you want to be stubborn and not offer what people actually want, then what you’re offering better be worth it.

Also, even Jaxon or OT can come with just a full headsculpt, if it's more profitable for them I think. They have full cowl's with their Bale headsculpt's. Probably you will see that instead of mouth plates tbh.

...if they are interested...because there is a chance that they don't care at all for that 🤷
They can keep their projects. That's my stance.

If they wanna pull a $3-400 for a 2.5 inch piece of work, I'll leave that to the idiots that are very clearly inviting to that type of job.

Best wishes to them and their customers.

Idk what you expect, this is how they work, period. If you go and see what are the items they offer you can get an idea of what to expect.

At the end you want something that they never did. It's ok if you're not willing to spend that kinda money. Nothing happen.

Idk what you expect, this is how they work, period. If you go and see what are the items they offer you can get an idea of what to expect.

At the end you want something that they never did. It's ok if you're not willing to spend that kinda money. Nothing happen.
Money spent has an expectation on the end.

If said money is spent, and I've STILL got a mediocre result.

I'll leave it to you, to educate me, on how incorrect I apparently am.

I spend far more than that on customs, again nothing about price. If it looked remotely screen accurate I’d bite. Ignore me.

They can keep their projects. That's my stance.

If they wanna pull a $3-400 for a 2.5 inch piece of work, I'll leave that to the idiots that are very clearly inviting to that type of job.

Best wishes to them and their customers.
If Jaxon actually offered a 89 cowl there's a chance it could be priced similar to the Begins head he did which was about, or just under $100

Back