Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony Mei cape has always been 'meh'. We all loved it at the time but, yeah. Jaxon took over that market and even his isn't perfect but with a minamal amount of futzing, can look extraordinary on the shelf.

I'd post a Pic but I'm certain we've all already seen the effect. To hear Tony Mei is jumping back into game is great news.

Unreal had a great cape too. However, when I say I'm extremely unmoved by their 89 cowl for $300+, that's an understatement.

I'm liking Tony Mei's new cape the best as a drape and his new fabric texture pattern makes it look more like real leather.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 tony mei drape cape Untitled-1.jpg

Money spent has an expectation on the end.

If said money is spent, and I've STILL got a mediocre result.

I'll leave it to you, to educate me, on how incorrect I apparently am.

True, and you are correct. I'm talking about the chances to get mouth plates instead of a headsculpt. At the end those can be wonderful or horrendous, really expensive or affordable, we really don't know.

Got this bad boy in from kit today.
As someone who doesn’t own the dx09, I’m pretty happy with my purchase and to finally have Keaton to go with Jack. Suit texture is visible but isn't that noticeable in the detolf.
Might eventually upgrade to a drape cape or if new faceplates are offered but I like how it looks in the display.
IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5600.jpeg

Got this bad boy in from kit today.
As someone who doesn’t own the dx09, I’m pretty happy with my purchase and to finally have Keaton to go with Jack. Suit texture is visible but isn't that noticeable in the detolf.
Might eventually upgrade to a drape cape or if new faceplates are offered but I like how it looks in the display. View attachment 721147
View attachment 721148
Love it.

Still doesn't look anything like Keaton.

But I love it.

What are you doing to make a kneck adapter snap is my question.
idk, i havent broken mine since i never removed it. everytime I pull the head off, the head comes off. other copies the head pulls the neck piece with.

but ive seen other people break theirs. it breaks at the socket where you insert the peg. its not the usual rubber/soft plastic

idk, i havent broken mine since i never removed it. everytime I pull the head off, the head comes off. other copies the head pulls the neck piece with.

but ive seen other people break theirs. it breaks at the socket where you insert the peg. its not the usual rubber/soft plastic
Huh. Weird. 89 Bat's can't turn his head in figure form just like the actual suit from the film.

I've seen some folks turn the head, which looks absolutely ridiculous for obvious reasons. I know a guy IRL that has his DXO9 that way with the head/cowl turned, completely FUBAR visually with the suit.

I learned to ignore the damn thing whenever we hang out because it triggers me lol.

But to pull it off and have issues is something I can't comprehend.

Did it really? Assuming it’ll take longer since everyone’s ordering this cape. But I ordered a drape cape for my black suit Superman that took about two months.
Yeah, I don't think there's any method to the madness. I suspect Jaxon is on it with a batch in anticipation for the 2.0. But that was my assumption when I ordered it during the announcement of the 2.0...🤷

Yeah, I don't think there's any method to the madness. I suspect Jaxon is on it with a batch in anticipation for the 2.0. But that was my assumption when I ordered it during the announcement of the 2.0...🤷

I’m not sure why I tend to wait last minute on everything.

Back