Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be under the impression that I’m somehow willing to buy this yet, none of these people ever get anything right on their own for the most part. Sadly it takes a group effort, but at least I can see something I stated a day or two ago implemented in a week and not 2 years from now on HT next attempt if that.
Well alright then. I respect your stance on it.

I won’t be first in line on this. I see potential, where that potential goes is dependent on when he decides to start production. If he caps out and prints them all up in two weeks time, it’s a dud. If he stays committed, could be the best.

Crease lines on his face should be deeper,
more prevalent.

It’s kinda hard to compose the mouth in the right place cuz I think the eyes are too big. They’re too round. All I did is change the mouth a little bit then added slightly sunken cheeks.

I thickened the lips a little bit and made it a teeny bit wider. Added nasolabial folds (smiling wrinkles). The indention on the top of his chin was too low, so I moved it up a little more.

I dunno. Does it look like him or am I way off?

IMG_5689.jpeg

It’s kinda hard to compose the mouth in the right place cuz I think the eyes are too big. They’re too round. All I did is change the mouth a little bit then added slightly sunken cheeks.

I thickened the lips a little bit and made it a teeny bit wider. Added nasolabial folds (smiling wrinkles). The indention on the top of his chin was too low, so I moved it up a little more.

View attachment 722488
We're on to something here. Now the eyes..

If you could pull the cowl down over the eyeline just a bit, push the mouth up to the nose, slightly pucker the upper lip more, and adjust the curve of the cowl slightly downward rather than upward above the faceplate.

If you could pull the cowl down over the eyeline just a bit, push the mouth up to the nose, slightly pucker the upper lip more, and adjust the curve of the cowl slightly downward rather than upward above the faceplate.
Too much lol. Let him cook.

View attachment 722488
Pass this along to Unreal

When I say "the eyes"

It will require the cowl alteration. If that makes sense. It's so hard to put into words.

My man got the Keaton likeness tho, yo!!!

Or damn close to it.

I know how difficult it is to get a likeness, especially Keaton. I did a lifesize face insert sculpt for an 89 cowl some years back and had to look at a ton of references to get it Keatonesque, so I respect the attempt.
I think it's missing more of a pout and the lips are slightly too small and the face a touch narrow.
I photoshopped my sculpture in this cowl just to show a bit of comparison, and again, I'm not saying my sculpture is better, just a reference of what may be adjusted.
batman 89 comp.jpg

batman 89 comp2.jpg

Attachments

• batman 89 comp2.jpg
    batman 89 comp2.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I know how difficult it is to get a likeness, especially Keaton. I did a lifesize face insert sculpt for an 89 cowl some years back and had to look at a ton of references to get it Keatonesque, so I respect the attempt.
I think it's missing more of a pout and the lips are slightly too small and the face a touch narrow.
I photoshopped my sculpture in this cowl just to show a bit of comparison, and again, I'm not saying my sculpture is better, just a reference of what may be adjusted.
View attachment 722493
No.

That's Batman Returns Keaton.

What he did was 89

(with respect to you)

Edit: needed to let my guy know, I appreciate that work - the Returns dude (imo))

Last edited:
BTW, I put an order in with Kit for another Drape cape in anticipation for the "alleged" Returns 2.0 two weeks ago.

Mf sent me a payment invoice 2 days ago lol

You couldn't write this ****.

Impeccable timing...

Let’s hope we see it on the coming soon page pretty soon, it’s the only one shown that isn’t.

Back