Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i let him know and also the gloss on the bat symbol

View attachment 722482
Main benefit is Unreal head is still actively being worked on and improved. HT 2.0 is a dud for me personally out of the gate. I’d rather put the money on something that can potentially improve my DX09 vs spend it on what is a lower quality rehash in my eyes

Main benefit is Unreal head is still actively being worked on and improved. HT 2.0 is a dud for me personally out of the gate. I’d rather put the money on something that can potentially improve my DX09 vs spend it on what is a lower quality rehash in my eyes

I’d rather put the money on something that can potentially improve my DX09 vs spend it on what is a lower quality rehash in my eyes
You'd take this Unreal faceplate over the DX09?

The entire face plate is off by a huge margin. No amount of lip increase is gonna bring Keaton out of that.

My opinion, of course.

You're telling me you see him in this?
the moveable eye paint/decals are big, but that's about it to me. i wanna see what it looks like adjusted and looking elsewhere. that's my only gripe

the moveable eye paint/decals are big, but that's about it to me. i wanna see what it looks like adjusted and looking elsewhere. that's my only gripe
This I totally agree ! The pupils look a little too big, takes up too much of the eye.

I thought I was on crazy pills, and it can be masked buy adjusting the direction, but if it can be fixed it would be really appreciated.

This I totally agree ! The pupils look a little too big, takes up too much of the eye.

I thought I was on crazy pills, and it can be masked buy adjusting the direction, but if it can be fixed it would be really appreciated.
I will never understand how moveable eyes can make or break a figure. I'm actually glad that I don't.

For photography, sure. Beyond that, I'm not so sure..

Doesn't mean I ain't wrong tho.

The cowls eye cuts need to lay over his eyes a bit.

IMG_4219.jpeg

The bottom of the cowls shape also has the incorrect curve -

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4221.jpeg

The flares on the cowl should be shaped a bit differently as well, they don’t stretch out horizontally enough imo.

Last edited:
The cowls eye cuts need to lay over his eyes a bit.

View attachment 722483
We haven't even got the Keaton likeness down (imo) and you're pushing up on the inaccuracy of the cowl?

See, this is my issue with the entire damn conversation.

A faceplate. FFS. Some gd Michael Keaton lips. Am I asking to much of life?

We haven't even got the Keaton likeness down (imo) and you're pushing up on the inaccuracy of the cowl?

See, this is my issue with the entire damn conversation.

A faceplate. FFS. Some gd Michael Keaton lips. Am I asking to much of life?
All of it needs addressing, you have to build up the details somehow.

All of it needs addressing, you have to build up the details somehow.
There are a hundred different stills from that film to draw from.

I also know, there are a damn ham sack full off sculptors that know what they're doing.

You see where I'm going with this..

I'm not one of those simps that are like

"well, Hamill's just hard to sculpt"

Mf these are professionals. At least, they're hired on as such. BUT THEY'RE TRASH.

Peoples do exist that can do it. They just don't work for HT full time.

was offered a DX09 for 170 bucks, but the ankle is damaged and it comes without accessories. should I get it?
You're honestly better off getting the 2.0 as someone else said. Chances are that DX09 can't even hold his arm up or have his arms flush at his sides. Eventually the 2.0 will suffer the same fate since the ratchets don't seem to be strong enough, but you got a good few years before that happens. DX09 is 12 years old (has it been that long since 2012 my goodness)

You're honestly better off getting the 2.0 as someone else said. Chances are that DX09 can't even hold his arm up or have his arms flush at his sides. Eventually the 2.0 will suffer the same fate since the ratchets don't seem to be strong enough, but you got a good few years before that happens. DX09 is 12 years old (has it been that long since 2012 my goodness)
The 2.0 "ratchet joints" are trash too. They didn't implement them correctly.

Exact same issue when it comes to 90 degrees. There is essentially no difference.

Justin's video shows this.

You must be under the impression that I’m somehow willing to buy this yet, none of these people ever get anything right on their own for the most part. Sadly it takes a group effort, but at least I can see something I stated a day or two ago implemented in a week and not 2 years from now on HT next attempt if that.

Back