Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see Sideshow is getting these out quickly. Too bad we’ll never know the true number of cancellations, I’d suspect it was a lot given how loud people were over this and yet nothing from HT about it.

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h10m27s879.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h14m44s847.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h14m54s627.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h15m15s257.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h15m39s211.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h16m56s214.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-29-10h16m48s021.png

Got mine today. The toothy faceplate is terrible and I have no idea why they even included it, but the other two plates are good.

Overall I really like it a lot. The texture on the suit is more subtle and far less glossy and noticeable than in almost every photo I have seen.

in your photo even the belt color is more accurate and I already know that it doesn't look like that in hand so I guess you're right that photos/reviews can be deceiving, dialectically speaking. no offence tho glad u like the figure

in your photo even the belt color is more accurate and I already know that it doesn't look like that in hand so I guess you're right that photos/reviews can be deceiving, dialectically speaking. no offence tho glad u like the figure

Color is complicated. I am looking at the figure in front of me right now in natural light and the belt is pretty much the same color as in these promotional photos.

I colored my photo in the previous post to have a cinematic look to it, to better match the movie. Color grading and older film stock does a lot of things to colors. Yellow, in particular, can shift wildly very easily depending on the film stock.

531029-IMG-4219.jpeg

MV5BNDk3YjcxYmQtYTU3ZC00MjdkLWEwYWItZDRkMzI3NzMzM2U2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah that's just how it goes with a lot of cinematic characters. Same discussion was being had about Cavills BvS suit in the InArt Cavill Superman thread.

There really is no set, distinct color to these things. Can look different in every scene depending on lighting and color grading of production/filming.

Yeah that's just how it goes with a lot of cinematic characters. Same discussion was being had about Cavills BvS suit in the InArt Cavill Superman thread.

There really is no set, distinct color to these things. Can look different in every scene depending on lighting and color grading of production/filming.
In hindsight, no one will ever be happy with what comes out.

I think I prefer the non-Deluxe box. Which seems backwards to me. The more expensive one should have the better box lol. I know, who cares about the box... just an observation.

Congrats. No get it outta there and give us pics!

😁
I was talking to a friend of mine who got the regular, he was willing to send me his box, but the size difference obviously kills that.

Hi guys, I received my figure today and instantly noticed that the figures left peck appears a bit flatter than its right. The right just appears more volumous. Is this the case with other collectors who have this figure? Thanks in advance guys!

Back