Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed that most people will say a figure with more heroic proportions is better or "more realistic" regardless of whether those proportions are actually accurate to the actor in the suit. You can see an example of this in both the InArt and Hot Toys Batman threads.

The stock cowl is good and the batsuit isn't to bad in hand. Though I do need a custom cape because the HT one is decent but trash at the same time.

Getting really good! Lips are still a bit too thin though. They need that fuller Keaton puckered look. He has big lips, but kind of a small mouth.

1725157622575.png

I am seeing it too in the pics. Best to not notice it for people who purchased this. Once seen, you cannot unsee.
Yeah, I have scoured the board and looked at all the photos. And yep, I cannot unsee the issue!!

A diff issue Im experiencing: the belt would not stay closed... sigh.
The belt is supposed to sit lower on the body but it simply isnt long enough to do so...

Attachments

• IMG_8966 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8966 Medium.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
Oof, that looks rough. Mine definitely doesn't jut out like that at all. Can you return it for an exchange?

Speaking of belts, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the utility belt (e.g. clip/magnet/button), or do you have to break it apart and reglue in order to to remove it? I'm surprised the figure doesn't come with a manual, or at least mine didn't...

Oof, that looks rough. Mine definitely doesn't jut out like that at all. Can you return it for an exchange?

Speaking of belts, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the utility belt (e.g. clip/magnet/button), or do you have to break it apart and reglue in order to to remove it? I'm surprised the figure doesn't come with a manual, or at least mine didn't...
The manual is taped to the bottom of the clam shell.

The belt is pegged in. Push down on the belt to the right of the buckle and you can see where it separates.

I have it. Just don’t like the cape. It’s a nice cape, but wrong texture. Looks more like Batman Begins cape, not really leather-y for this scale. It would look more like leather if this material was used on a 1/18th scale, for example.

Body looks good… for a comic book character. I mean, this is more like a comic book adaptation of 1989 Batman movie.

This does not jump at me as if it came straight out of a movie at all. Probably because the likeness is wrong and body type is wrong. Cape is wrong.

Articulation is pretty much trash. Can’t move arms up due to the thick rubber outfit and he can’t stand on his own. Seriously, he falls too much. Is that normal for a Hot Toys figure?

This is my very first Hot Toys figure and I’m not impressed. Likeness still looks off in hand.

Might have to sell it on eBay.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    981 KB · Views: 0
Improving with every update. Makes me want to do a full suit mod as well similar to thisView attachment 723408
I believe this was robbie the painter who was doing this mod. Could be wrong and someone else was doing it and finished it. But you'd have to cut the suit up and get the sections for it. Definitely feel this would have been way better if HT had done this. But this proves they give two ***** about 89 Batman or Batman Begins to put real effort into it. Unless InArt does both versions they'll release a 3.0 of both in a heartbeat.

Improving with every update. Makes me want to do a full suit mod as well similar to this
This should be priority for JazzInc before Returns Penguin. Make the ultimate ‘89 Keaton to go with the ultimate ‘89 Batmobile.

This seems really easy for a company to produce, not much detail at all to really study past the basics. It’d also sell way better than Devito, do both but I’d like to see this soon.

Back